Everything posted by Trey05Marlins
- Minor League Roundup for 4/3/08
-
4/4 - Pirates @ Marlins - 7:10 PM
It's about time for our offense to explode. I say we score 8+ and win this one.
-
Hermida, Rabelo off to Jupiter
Jeremy usually does really well in his Jupiter stints.
-
Hermida, Rabelo off to Jupiter
I really think it's time to put our CF in the leadoff spot and move Hanley to the 3 hole. On last year's team it wasn't quite as important, but it's basically got to be done this year. I agree. Maybe we should see something like this. Amezaga Hermida Hanley Hammer Jacobs Uggla Cantu Treanor Pitcher Hammer and Jacobs can be interchangable at 4th and 5th
-
close thread
Are all of these offers for 1 ticket for each game or more? I don't quite understand.
-
Hermida, Rabelo off to Jupiter
We need a healthy Hermida back in the lineup ASAP! Yes, and we need him hitting second. I love Uggla, but he doesn't make enough contact to hit second. He should be hitting 5th or 6th.. I Know!!! This is such an obvious move it better be done. Uggla's numbers may decrease because a little if he moves to 5th or 6th but he should be moved there anyway. He doesn't draw a lot of walks and will never have a high on base percentage. If Fredi is intent on having Hanley leadoff then the lineup should be the following Hanley Hermida Hammer Jacobs Uggla Cantu Ross/Treanor Treanor/Amezaga Pitcher
-
Friday Ticket Package.
Would you be interested in selling single games or splitting them up at all? If so, I'd be interested.
-
Gregg's Goggles
It sounds like Gregg needs the Mark Hendrickon LASIK treatment. If he does though, he should still wear those goggles but with no prescription.
-
Hermida, Rabelo off to Jupiter
We need a healthy Hermida back in the lineup ASAP!
-
What to do with starting pitchers
I would like to see Hurk in the bullpen I don't agree with putting Hurk or Miller in the pen. If these guys are our future starters then don't waste any time by them gettng used the life in the pen. Now if a couple years down the road, if they still only have two pitches and won't improve, then use their skills in the pen.
-
Simple Question
Why are the home games starting at ten after the hour and not five after, like they alway have been? It's no big deal but it makes the pregame show seem even longer and it builds more anticipation. When the games started at five after, once Rich and Tommy came on, I knew they would just talk for a few minutes and the game would start. Now, they come on and talk a few minutes and have another commercial and talk some more and then the game starts. Those extra five minutes seem like forever!
-
What to do with starting pitchers
I agree for the most part on Miller and VandenHurk. Rick VandenHurk: He has a good fastball and a pretty good curve. If he can improve the curve and develop a decent changeup, then he will be a good pitcher in this league. I'd much rather him develop those pitches in the minor leagues though. He is only in the starting staff due to injury. Andrew Miller: He has great all around stuff but has control issues. He also will benefit from developing a good changeup but it should be in the minors as well. Again, he is only on the starting staff due to injuries.
-
Some News From Loria
Greetings from DC, home of America's newest baseball stadium and where I attended opening night on Sunday (and what a night it was). First, let me note that construction on the park here did not begin until May 2006, and it was finished in time for Sunday night (albeit with a few small items left to finish). Second, I would not be surprised if there is enough of a rough plan to begin working this fall, particularly on excavation before final plans are in place. Of course, modifications can and will be made as construction progresses. At this point, I see no reason to worry about a 2011 opening day (although things can always happen). Good luck, hope you get your new digs by 2011, and I look forward to going to a game at Dolphin Stadium in 2 weeks. Thanks for the news on the new Nats park. Hopefully our crew will work as expeditiously as they did. Also, they have started to demolish the Orange Bowl and the site should be read for construction pretty soon, so that's a good sign.
-
Some News From Loria
In the Sun-Sentinel today there was an article about Loria and his old Yale professor who came down for the game. LINK HERE There were something that stood out to me though. Loria finds himself drawing upon those early lessons more than ever as he increasingly turns his attention to planning every last intricacy of the Marlins' future home. He spends hours each week on the phone to Kansas City, where a team of architects at the legendary HOK firm is working steadily to prepare the first set of renderings. They aren't expected for perhaps another year, but already certain hints are emerging. The new park will give pitchers every chance to succeed when it opens in 2011, per the Marlins' philosophy. But considering the day job of the club owner ? international art dealer ? it has the potential to be so much more than just another brick-lined playpen for millionaires. Loria doesn't sound interested in building yet another throwback yard. "We're not looking at retro," he said. "We'd like to see a contemporary building ? realizing that we're in Florida." So the first renderings aren't expected for another year? That would mean best case scenario we break ground exactly one year from now which means the park would have to be built in exactly two years or less. I don't know of many parks that were constructed in under two years, especially ones that will have a contemporary look, like it sounds ours will. The more the stadium process goes on, the less likely I think it's ready for opening day 2011.
-
Observations from Opening Day at the Park
You know, if Josh Willingham's ball had traveled another 20-30 feet, it would have been right in my glove. I swears. Second time a home run has eluded me (had a Cabrera home run sail over my head in that same area April 7, 2004. 408 feet) Last year I was in right field when Jacobs hit a homer that soared about five feet above me and landed several rows back. I have never caught a home run either.
-
"Email Tuesdays" on the FSN broadcast
I doubt Rich and Tommy know anything more than we do about the park, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Yeah, I know, but if they get a bunch of emails then hopefully they'll at least talk about and fantasize some. They'll probably want a buffet table in the press box.
-
Observations from Opening Day at the Park
Did anyone see my friend fall on the field after he reached over and grabbed a foul ball rolling along the first base side? LOL. What a clown. We had made some prop bets prior to the game. One of the prop bets was if you grab a rolling foul ball, all the other guys have to pay you $5. Well, we all paid. I was wearing a brown t-shirt and we were sitting by the photographers on the 1B side. Yeah, I saw that, it was great. And anyone else think that the Uni redesign is a clever ploy to get us to buy new unis twice in the next 3 years? Unless the name change is coming earlier than we thought. I don't think it's a clever ploy. From what I've heard, we are remaining the Florida Marlins with the current logos and unis until opening day in the new park. That's when we will have new unis and logos. I don't see them changing it in between.
-
"Email Tuesdays" on the FSN broadcast
Hey guys, Since tomorrow is email Tuesday for Rich and Tommy, I think it'd be a good idea if we bombard them with questions/ideas for the new park. Hopefully they will talk about it on the air on maybe we get a sense of what to expect or maybe Loria listens to some of our suggestions.
-
Observations from Opening Day at the Park
Did anyone see my friend fall on the field after he reached over and grabbed a foul ball rolling along the first base side? LOL. What a clown. We had made some prop bets prior to the game. One of the prop bets was if you grabbed a rolling foul ball, all the other guys have to pay you $5. Well, we all paid. He's lucky they didnt escort him out. I was wearing a brown t-shirt and we were sitting by the photographers on the 1B side. Admin was sitting about 10 feet behind us. Yeah that was on FSN. Rich and Tommy were talking about it.
-
Observations from Opening Day at the Park
THANK GOD about the uniform news. The black teal and silver is such a great look and if we keep the colors I will be extremely happy/relieved. If the change the design a little I wont mind, as long as our cap still has a letter and a fish on it.
-
Post Game Thoughts 3/31 Opening Day
Positives Hendrickson had four great innings Nolasco had three great innings (against the Mets too, I was surprised!) No defensive meltdowns Hammertime Unleashing Amezaga We lost to a multiple Cy Young winner Negatives Slow start offensively One terrible inning for Hendrickson Our current outfield doesn't have good range defensively
-
Opening Day Photos
Nice pics, too bad the guys couldn't deliver the W
-
Post Game Thoughts 3/31 Opening Day
Cantu sucks. The ball hit towards third in the 4th inning was all his, and he watched it go by. The error that Treanor got was a bad throw, but not bad enough for him to let it go by. ??? I'm having a brain freeze, refresh my memory (you don't mean castillo's bunt I assume). No, the one that was scorched down the line. I thought the same thing at first (that he should have been able to field it or knock it down) but upon seeing the replay it was out of reach, very close to being foul. You can fault his defensive positioning maybe, but not his range.
-
Florida Marlins vs. New York Mets -- 3/31, 4:10 PM
Hendrickson had the best at bat out of our first nine hitters.
-
Florida Marlins vs. New York Mets -- 3/31, 4:10 PM
We need to think about hitting line drives and getting on base.