Everything posted by Trey05Marlins
-
Hanley leads by 170,000 votes
I don;t care how many votes Dan gets now as long as he is picked for the team by whoever is managing the game.
-
Hanley leads by 170,000 votes
I saw it on the main MLB.com page. There are only a few days left and Hanley has widened the lead to just under 170,000 votes. Hopefully he hangs on! Please everyone keep voting until the deadline to make sure we see him take the field in the bottom of the 1st at Yankee Stadium!
-
Hutton to miss tonight's game, Marlins' execs fill in
This could be a long night, especially if we are losing. They should grab Mark Grace from the D-Backs broadcast for a couple innings.
-
Positives/Negatives from last night's game
My thoughts in blue. Positives: - Hammer is back: he got a hit (shoulda had 2) and made a fantastic diving catch last night (lets hope his back holds up) I hope he stays healthy. If he does then that is a key acquisition for us. - Hoover was very solid behind the plate. The tip toe tag of the plate on the errant throw from cantu was a play that treanor or rabelo don't make. Too bad the kid isn't a major league pitcher. Thank god. Nice defensive plays from the catcher. Rabelo wouldn't have made those. If Hoover can be decent at the plate I will be thrilled. - Olsen still pitching well I agree. It'd be nice to see him get some wins to boost his confidence more. We need him to be the ace. - We're still only 1 game back despite losing Yes, but for the amount of games the Phillies have lost recently we should be in first place, not one game back. Negatives: - Bullpen: 'nuff said 8th inning was unlucky, but still you have to get out of it, we had an opportunity to. - Jacobs: 'nuff said - Phil's won't keep losing and the wildcard race(4 GB) is continuing to widen.
-
Hanley catches and passes Tejada in All-Star Voting
Please everyone. Vote, Cheat, Vote more, Do whatever it takes to get Hanley to take the field in Yankee Stadium in the 1st inning!!!
-
When does all star voting end?
When does the online voting for the all star game end?
-
Is this THE series?
We are at home, we need to win the series. I don't know if any series is THE series, except for maybe the World Series, but this is definitely a big one.
-
Fish of the Week (6/2 - 6/8)
It's hard not to vote for Hanley the way he has busted out of his slump. Two multi-homer games is rather impressive.
-
Post Game 6/8
Tucker, Hanley, Uggla, Nelson. :notworthy It was a perfect game. Ramirez ignited the offense. He does hit much better leading off and the team does so much better, Good relief from Nelson. Tucker pitched great! If he gets his walks down he has Ace potential. Strong game from everyone, except for Fredi...I didn't understand why he PH for Nelson, unless he was gonna take him out anyway, I would have kept Nelson another inning I personally believed Tucker should've gone out for another inning. He was still under his pitch count and we could've rested the pen for one more inning. I understand your point, but I'd rather be cautious with another young arm. We had control of the game then, no need to tax him any further on a hot day.
-
Tucker Called Up
This is one of the best nights of the season. Hopefully he does well.
-
Let the excitement begin.
Ryan Tucker
-
6/5 Marlins @ Braves 7 PM
Lineups, per Miami Herald Hanley Hermida Cantu Jacobs Uggla (welcome back) Gonzo Treanor Jones Nolasco Escobar Johnson Chipper Texiera McCann Francoeur Norton Blanco Jurrjens
-
Marlins draft Kyle Skipworth
Anyone know a lot about this guy? The MLB draft tracker says he has a good left handed power bat and an above average arm. he needs to improve his defensive skills though. Because he is a high schooler, we shouldn't see him for 3+ years.
-
Best Marlins World Series moment
Edgar Renteria's hit to win the World Series.
-
Safe out?
Can someone get video of this? Some at work did not see it. You'll probably see it on highlight shows for the next 30 years. That's good to hear. I bet Bobby Cox was real proud of his young protege.
-
Fish of the Game - 6/4
WRITE IN VOTE FOR FREDI GONZALEZ He fired up the troops with the arguing and getting ejected.
-
Safe out?
Can someone get video of this? Some at work did not see it.
-
Post game 6/04 MARLINS BEAT BRAVES
That ejection will be the turning point of the season. We must get the split tomorrow and start dominating at home!
-
6/3/08: Marlins @ Braves, 7 pm.
Win the game!
-
We all know MLBTR is questionable
No thanks.
-
New stadium promotions.
Just what the title says.... $1 student days (with HS/College ID) $1 Hotdog days/popcorn/water/drinks Sunday family day (Children under 12 get in for a few dollars) Will add more later... What else can you come up with? I don't know about $1 student days but maybe a 2 for 1 price or discount would be real nice. I'd kill for some cheaper beer as well. I know it is never going to be that cheap at a ballgame but come on.
-
5/30 - Marlins @ Phillies - 7:05pm
We REALLY need to win this series to make up for the last one. Let's just focus on game one and get the W.
-
Marlins in ASG
Kaz Matsui? What the f*ck? Dan Uggla should be #1
-
A Few Questions
As far as broadcasts go, the best way to really have announcers who stay on track with the game is to listen to the game on the radio. For those in S. Florida 790 AM will do it. I often listen online or use my XM when the annoucers on the TV start boring me. I would love to get live broadcasts on an AM station up here in Jax. Doesn't XM radio just use the home team's radio announcers for their broadcasts?
-
Dan Uggla interview on MLB.com
Yeah, it first started when the announcers at all the road stadiums would pronounce his name "Dan You-Gluh," So one time Rich and Tommy said the "And his name is, Dan Uggla" line and it just caught on. It didn't hurt that he was putting up numbers and trying to make all star teams in his first couple years.