Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins in ASG

Featured Replies

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...p#ballotResults

 

Updated balloting numbers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1.Utley, C.Philles 537,788 2.Matsui, K.Astros 182,827 3.DeRosa, M.Cubs 178,595 4.Uggla, D.Marlins 125,745 5.Castillo, L.Mets 123,346

 

 

 

 

1.Ramirez, H.Marlins 268,386 2.Tejada, M.Astros 256,613 3.Reyes, J.Mets 237,800 4.Theriot, R.Cubs 178,871 5.Rollins, J.Phillies 156,620

Kaz Matsui? What the f*ck? Dan Uggla should be #1

People feel bad for him because of his anal fissure.*

 

*He actually suffered this injury earlier in the season.

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

They should do it like the NHL, where you can only vote on the starters, and the backups are decided by the coaches. This is a freakin popularity contest, nothing more.

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

 

Vote for your team man! God knows it's tough getting a Marlin in!

They should do it like the NHL, where you can only vote on the starters, and the backups are decided by the coaches. This is a freakin popularity contest, nothing more.

 

 

Well, the backups are voted on by their piers. I would assume it's players and coaches who vote for the backups

They should do it like the NHL, where you can only vote on the starters, and the backups are decided by the coaches. This is a freakin popularity contest, nothing more.

I prefer the 1/3 players, 1/3 fans, 1/3 coaches.

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

 

Vote for your team man! God knows it's tough getting a Marlin in!

 

 

I will, don't worry. I think most people probably vote for their team or the most popular players.

I think, AS OF RIGHT NOW, it's pretty much wrong regarding the Marlins.

 

Uggla deserves the start.

Hanley does not...Tejada is having a great year, in Houston.

I think, AS OF RIGHT NOW, it's pretty much wrong regarding the Marlins.

 

Uggla deserves the start.

Hanley does not...Tejada is having a great year, in Houston.

 

exactly. Uggla should be the clear cut starter at 2nd in my eyes, Hanley should be fighting for the backup spot right now, not Uggla.

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

 

You've never seen Utley play? When you do, you will realize why he is the best 2b in baseball right now. I love Dan and the marlins, but Chase Utley is the best second baseman in baseball.

I would be right on you with that if he wasn't batting .250/.345/.469 in May. It does look like he is breaking out of that slump though. Just because he's been great throughout his career doesn't mean the he has been that great this year.

 

 

BTW, we need to start doing what the Stros are. They send out e-mails to all there fans to vote for their guys, and constantly mentioning it during their broadcast. Every Astros position player is in the top 5 in voting for their position, even the .147 hitting J.R. Towles.

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

 

You've never seen Utley play? When you do, you will realize why he is the best 2b in baseball right now. I love Dan and the marlins, but Chase Utley is the best second baseman in baseball.

I would be right on you with that if he wasn't batting .250/.345/.469 in May. It does look like he is breaking out of that slump though. Just because he's been great throughout his career doesn't mean the he has been that great this year.

 

 

Are you kidding me?

 

His OPS is 1.032.

 

He has 46 RBI in 55 games.

 

He has an 1.152 OPS with RISP.

 

Those numbers don't impress you?

Hanley being 1st is right.

 

 

Uggla and Utley seem to be almost identical as far as stats. I'll wait until I can see Utley play before deciding who I think should be first, but going by stats Uggla and Utley should be in 1st and 2nd.

 

You've never seen Utley play? When you do, you will realize why he is the best 2b in baseball right now. I love Dan and the marlins, but Chase Utley is the best second baseman in baseball.

I would be right on you with that if he wasn't batting .250/.345/.469 in May. It does look like he is breaking out of that slump though. Just because he's been great throughout his career doesn't mean the he has been that great this year.

 

 

Are you kidding me?

 

His OPS is 1.032.

 

He has 46 RBI in 55 games.

 

He has an 1.152 OPS with RISP.

 

Those numbers don't impress you?

Nope, I am a ton impressed, especially concidering that he is coming out of that slump he was in.

 

But Utley's 1.032 isn't better than Uggla's 1.053

 

(Also, Uggla's BA, OBP, and SLG were higher than Utley's when I posted that.)

 

EDIT: Also, I didn't mean that he hasn't been "that good", I meant that he hasn't been as good as he has been previously, and he hasn't been better than Uggla. They have been about even.

Im not mad that Utley is winning, Im mad that Utley is winning by so much.... 350,000 or what? rediculous. He isnt the clear cut leader... and why the hell is Kaz Matsui even there? They should make these ballots with nominees, and if anyone wants to vote for other people they have to use write-ins so they cant have damn voting campaigns...

Im not mad that Utley is winning, Im mad that Utley is winning by so much.... 350,000 or what? rediculous. He isnt the clear cut leader... and why the hell is Kaz Matsui even there? They should make these ballots with nominees, and if anyone wants to vote for other people they have to use write-ins so they cant have damn voting campaigns...

Kaz is in there for the same reason that Towels is in there, the Stros' fans are being incredible this year in voting.

Im not mad that Utley is winning, Im mad that Utley is winning by so much.... 350,000 or what? rediculous. He isnt the clear cut leader... and why the hell is Kaz Matsui even there? They should make these ballots with nominees, and if anyone wants to vote for other people they have to use write-ins so they cant have damn voting campaigns...

Kaz is in there for the same reason that Towels is in there, the Stros' fans are being incredible this year in voting.

 

Thats what I am saying... they should screw the whole-league ballot crap. Make it 3 or 4 candidates so people cant campaign to nominate someone who clearly doesnt deserve it. And screw the "you can only vote 25 times" crap... everyone should be limited to ONE vote per day. They did it for the NBA, they can do it for the MLB too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.