Everything posted by Marlinsmayhem
-
NL Final Vote
I just read Brandon Webb won't be attending the all star game, can anyone confirm this? I think they said he won't pitch because he just went the other day, but I think he'll still be attending.
-
Miller's Clearly Not Ready
Let MH start some games and send Miller down. Call him up (September maybe) if he shows improvement in the minors. Wow. This is plain silly. Almost everyone to a man on the board wanted Mark out of the rotation. You get your wish, and now that Andrew has had a few rough 1st innnings you're calling for Mark back? Good Grief. No it's really not plain silly. By leaving this kid up here in the majors we're killing him. Like someone already said, no one cares if MH sucks and is forever traumatized. We don't care because he has no value to us. He is essentially worthless, a quick fix type player. Miller on the other hand is a potential cornerstone piece. By leaving him up here we're killing his confidence at a pretty young age. That's why in my opinion, if he is equal to or just a little better than MH, you let MH have these starts. Send Miller down for a little bit (a place where he has never spent a significant amount of time) and let him work on some things... let him regain his confidence. A healthy Anibal Sanchez makes all this much easier so i'll hope for that right now.
-
Miller's Clearly Not Ready
I'm still not sold on Nolasco.
-
Miller's Clearly Not Ready
Let MH start some games and send Miller down. Call him up (September maybe) if he shows improvement in the minors.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Here is the problem with Miller. He's NEVER had a chance to really try his stuff in the minors. The Tigers rushed the hell out of the kid, and he only had 13 minor league starts. Now, sure, he had a 2.75 ERA in college, but he was rushed more than Kerry Wood. agree
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Looks like Tommy just suggested Miller should spend some time down in Carolina.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
IIRC Miller really hasn't spent too much time in the minors. Maybe sending him down really isn't that bad of an idea, especially if we get a healthy Sanchez.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Anibal Sanchez will gladly take his spot.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Miller better start showing some consistency or he's gonna find himself in AAA. how is this Miller's fault, again? More bad luck for him... 1. I should say AA 2. You can't walk Andruw Jones, you just can't.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Miller better start showing some consistency or he's gonna find himself in AAA.
-
The other guys in the Cabrera Willis trade
The trade was basically Maybin and Miller for Cabrera because Willis has been terrible. It's questionable whether he'll ever be the same again.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/13 4:10 PM
Miller needs to keep the momentum going. We need some consistency from him.
-
Jorge Cantu and Jose Castillo
I began reading this thread and was like WTF? Cantu is killing it. Then I realized the date :banghead
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/12 10:10 PM
damnit
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/12 10:10 PM
nice inning
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/12 10:10 PM
We win and we gain a game on the Phillies!!!!
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/12 10:10 PM
!!!!
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/12 10:10 PM
Our "ACE" goes for win number 11! :gofish I remember at 1 point during the season people wanted him gone. I'm new to this board but it seems at one point or another this board wants everyone gone. Hanley might be the exception.
-
7/11 Post Game Thread
Complete game = blasphemy
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/11 10:40 PM
He can still play CF
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/11 10:40 PM
Wow that was fast :arms :arms :arms :arms :arms
-
John Baker is the answer?
He's looked good so far but I'll wait a few weeks before I call or consider him the answer at catcher.
-
HEAT Offseason Thread
easy Knickerbocker, it was just a joke :lol
-
I cried for him just now
I remember that Anibal and his wife always seemed to be pretty close too. IIRC she couldn't watch his games because she was so nervous. Terrible thing to read about.
-
7/10 Post Game Thread
What a great win. Bullpen gained confidence JJ gained confidence Uggla is also back Baker has looked pretty good so far Hanley is the stud we all know he is :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce