Everything posted by flasportsfan88
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways. I understand why they do it. I just will not attend. So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved. I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway. Super Saturday doesn't make the games cost more, being on Saturday does. Every single team charges more on Saturday. I really don't think any of arguments are valid. The Marlins never had select or premium game prices on Saturdays because their attendance was so bad as it was. The Saturday ticket prices went up with the emergence of Super Saturday. If you can convince me the tickets didn't go up due to Super Saturday then I'm fine with watching baseball and going home. And so your invalidating the statement that a Super Saturday show should appeal to everyone? Let me guess you are hispanic?
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways. I understand why they do it. I just will not attend. So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved. I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
This is just another one of those typical Miami fan arguments/excuses. I'm not going to the game because there are to many Hispanic artists,or I don't like the artist? Last time I checked we where hear to see a ballgame. Watch the game, stay for the fireworks (which are amazing in themselves ) and then beat the traffic. Stop crying and be a fan. Sorry. I'm not going to pay more money than a Saturday ticket has been fore years so they can have a band that appeals only to Hispanics. Kiss my a** I'll watch on TV and go to the Friday-Sunday game.
-
Justin Bieber calls American evil over healthcare
Should I post what my 16 year old cousin says about Oboma? Why because 12 year olds are on his nuts do we have to hear about his political views.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general. Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic? They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority. But why include music that markets SOLELY to one group? Everyone can like Sunny and the Sunshine band. Hansel y Raul? do they speak any English at all? The point I was making by exclusively was not the number of performers that are Hispanic, but the number of performers that non hispanics havn't heard of or can't relate to AT ALL. EDIT I don't know how true that is, especially considering that the bands that aren't Hispanic don't draw nearly as well as the ones who are. For Example Nelly. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, every can enjoy him. How many groups can like Willie Chirino? They should make a it a priority for EVERYONE to be able to enjoy or relate to the show.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general. Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic? They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority. But why include music that markets SOLELY to one group? Everyone can like Sunny and the Sunshine band. Hansel y Raul? do they speak any English at all? The point I was making by exclusively was not the number of performers that are Hispanic, but the number of performers that non hispanics havn't heard of or can't relate to AT ALL. EDIT
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
"Stevie B (Steven Bernard Hill) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was influential in the Latin freestyle and High-Energy, mostly from Miami dance music scene of the late 1980s. " Not sound like its marketing to hispanics? You said exclusively (and I still argue you're wrong about Pitbull being exclusively for hispanics). I would agree, until he didn't speak a word of English addressing the crowd after the game.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
"Stevie B (Steven Bernard Hill) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was influential in the Latin freestyle and High-Energy, mostly from Miami dance music scene of the late 1980s. " Not sound like its marketing to hispanics?
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
I saw Stevie B, I didn't even know Freestyle Flashback was a performer
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways. I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again. The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band... I assure you he did not address us in Spanish. Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics. I don't have to guess. The Marlins had 6 non-Hispanic artists last year; Nelly, Michael Jackson Tribute, OAR, Diddy, Cirque Dreams, and Steve Miller Band. I disagree with Pitbull being exclusively aimed at Hispanics, but whatever, I'll throw him in the other pile for you. That's 7 to 6 (there were 13 Super Saturdays), about 54% exclusively to Hispanics. So, what now? Why don't you expand further than just last year's shows. What about in 09,,, April 11: Pitbull, DJ Laz and Flo Rida April 25: Albita May 16: Freestyle Flashback with Stevie B and TKA May 23: Oscar D'Leon June 6: Phil Vassar June 20: Tito Nieves July 4: KC & The Sunshine Band July 18: Hansel y Raul Reunion Aug. 1: The Village People Aug. 15: Steven Curtis Chapman Aug. 29: Johnny Ventura Sept. 12: Willy Chirino
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
You said they were 'unwilling.' Correction: The vast majority of shows exclude non-Hispanics. I'm not going to pay extra to see Hansel y Raul. You can have latin performers that still interest all groups. J-Lo. Marc Anthony, Gloria Estevan, Santana, Iglesias, are Hispanics who all non-hispanic Americans can relate to. Hansel y Raul is a slap in the face to everyone else. EDIT
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again. The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band... I assure you he did not address us in Spanish. Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
How many albums you sell last year? How many home runs did you have last year? How many saves did you log? I assume you feel that you're not allowed to criticize athletes, then. Well here's the thing. I hate El Gran Combo and I hate Pitbull. I'd rather stay for Pitbull even though I'd really really really not want to stay for either. I know Pitbull's material and I know little of El Gran Combo's material. I hate EGC's music type even more. There's no doubt Pitbull's style of music is crap. As with many artists in his genre. They rely on catchy beats, they dont actually make the music themselves, and they're weak meanings full of crap. And they sound annoying. Thing is, IMO, EGC might have more of a respect but they sound equally bad in my opinion. That being said, I echo the statement that I don't blame the Marlins for getting artists that will sell. It's just a sad side effect of today's music. Well, I mean, El Gran Combo is a near-50-year-old Salsa Orchestra. That's not exactly comparable to Pitbull or "today's music". I hate when people try to make a discussion about music objective by talking album sales. There are hoards of crap artist that bank. Just look at boy bands and Biebers.
-
Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts
I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again.
-
Unreleased Marlins Fight Song?
lol, how did that take that seriously?
-
Ozzie
Paragraph from fan graphs Marlins 2011 preview. Rounding out the lineup is a pair of veterans acquired during the off-season. John Buck signed a three-year deal as a free agent and will take over as the team’s starting catcher. At the very least this gives them time to develop Kyle Skipworth, but Buck can provide value of his own. He displayed unprecedented power last year, and if he maintains some of those gains he’ll help at the bottom of the lineup. Infante came over in the Dan Uggla trade and will replace him in the field. That’s going to represent quite a downgrade on offense, especially since it’s unlikely that Infante repeats his .340 wOBA from 2010. Chances are he’s just keeping second base warm until the team determines that Osvaldo Martinez is ready. Some on here claim Martinez has no future as a major league starter. I've been saying for a bit I think if his glove is pretty good I expect him to get a good shot up the middle. We don't NEED great hitters of the middle infield.
-
Anyone watch the Royals 30 for 30
He was arguing against the other two commentators that he'd rather have a front end closer than a front end starter because they pitch in more games. Then went on to talk about chemistry and all this crap. The only guy who knows what he's talking about is Hart. It's funny the people who actually played the game know the least about what actually helps baseball teams win. They're too caught up in the dogmas and tradition of the game.
-
Andrew Miller
Im selling. He's had one season since high school where he's thrown strikes (Junior year in college).
-
My Road Trip To Florida
1) DON'T STAY NEAR SUNLIFE, YOU WILL GET SHOT. 2) 45-60 minutes... 3) Miami-Dade toll roads no longer accept cash. 4) Someone else will tell you this stuff, I'm boring. 5) Rent a car, public transport in Miami-Dade sucks. You really think it takes an hour to get to the new Ballpark from Sunlife?
-
Anyone watch the Royals 30 for 30
Harold Reynolds is a retard. That's it.
- Turn Off The Lights
-
MLB's Scheduling
Aren't the opening games at 1:05PM on Friday? Detroit @ NYY and Atlanta @ Washington?
-
Turn Off The Lights
Found the first game I went to. A loss against Pittsburgh on a saturday. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199708160FLO I was at Livan's 15 K game, the game where Conine threw out Snow at the plate, and dozens of other games; but Ill never forget walking out from the concourse and seeing the field and stadium for the first time. I remember it seemed enormous.