Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mystikol87

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mystikol87

  1. Baker has a lot more patience at the plate than Maybin. This will give EB a better chance at steals as Maybin is strikeout prone. This will open up a few new options for Fredi, and we will probably see the hit and run done a lot this season vs RHP. Maybin is also still a rookie, remember we don't want to rush any of our players. This is right, although I'm not sure I'd say a lot more patience, maybe just "more patience", but the point is the same. It might be interesting to put SpiderCam at 9th, though, if we're going to bat EB leadoff for sure. The only thing is, I really don't want to take ABs away from him. I mean, the best way for him to develop is via experience.
  2. Wow, I can add him to the list of players for my friend Mike the Mormon to root for. Now if only he'll ever start talking to me again. the List Michael Mormon- Punter Kyle Turley Matt Lindstrom Also, John Beck.
  3. I really don't get what the big deal is. Me either. But I do recognize that one girl they are complaining about. Last year's squad. I don't think she lasted the full year. But she definetly was not ugly. I didn't realize it was a big deal, just some fun pix of the girls messing around. Who is that girl anyway, Eric? I think I prefer looking at your post even more than Mungo's now.
  4. Yeah. I believe he had to do his 2-year mission like Mormons do, and that's a big part of why he is a bit older. If he didn't go away for two years he might well have been a better prospect even sooner.
  5. What the hell is the point of this thread? This isn't a video game. Not to mention, the Marlins outfield is fine. People act as if Cody Ross is some sort of fluke...he's not. His OPS+ last year was right on par with his career OPS+. When Hermida's ridiculous home/road splits normalize...people will feel stupid. And then our 4th outfielder, Carroll, is a very good defensive outfielder...we saw him replace Hermida today; he can do that a lot. A little more power off the bench would be nice. But there's no need to make a thread about it. It's a solid OF. I think, for the first time in my life... This. 100% correct, Erick. Nice picture, WC. Oh, I also think our outfield is solid. If we had $10 million to spend, it's much better spent on top-notch bullpen arms; a solid and experienced 6th/7th SP; or a legit 3B (no offense, EB fans).
  6. It's a good thing we have Retro_Marlins guys, we don't need to play the season out, he knows exactly how everyone will do If you lose a bet to that guy, that'd just be messed up.
  7. That may have been better than much of my 22 years of existence up until this point (1997, 2003, and sex notwithstanding) (referring to Bob's awesome post)
  8. One last memory from the game: I live in DC, so listened to the Nats announcers for the game. When EB made it 4-4, the play by play announcer says, in disbelief, "and Emilio Bonifacio is batting 1.000 against his old ball club, the Washington Nationals." the color guy bitterly replies with: "he'll be hitting .220 by the end of the week" I couldnt help but LOL Bitter sounds like an understatement, and how unprofessional! :lol By the way, the easiest way for that prediction to come true would be for him to do that would be to go 7-for-45 (for the rest of this week ).
  9. It funny how after 1 game The Marlins are now being choosen to win the WC and the Mets are gonna win the NL East according to ESPN Lol Phillies just fell off the face of the earth apparently It's all about the kneejerk. And if you don't believe me, just listen to Stugotz tomorrow, or any day for that matter.
  10. Hanley, you my fave player and the ones of the best in baseball, congrats on the grand salami...but the effort by boni today was just unforgetable. I changedm y profile pic for the dude, he deserves it! Can't wait for tomorrows game! :thumbup Um, your chant is for Cody and your pic is Jorge Cantu..............I don't see any EB in there :mis2 Hey Hey Hey! The Cody chants will forever live =P...and on my screen boni is my avatar Heh, weird. No problem with the cody chants, keep em up.
  11. So this guy can lose money by winning? No. If you wager $135, for example, and win, then you get back your $135 PLUS $100 more. That's what (-135) means.
  12. Hanley, you my fave player and the ones of the best in baseball, congrats on the grand salami...but the effort by boni today was just unforgetable. I changedm y profile pic for the dude, he deserves it! Can't wait for tomorrows game! :thumbup Um, your chant is for Cody and your pic is Jorge Cantu..............I don't see any EB in there :mis2
  13. Curious, you win 135 for betting the marlins will win more then 75? If they win 76 or more, then you wager $135 to win $100. If you bet $100, you win $100/$135 X 100 = $74 roughly.
  14. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That's why Dunn would have been a questionable acquisition. Amazing hitter, but just awful in the field.
  15. NolasKo I now offer a formal apology for correcting your spelling at an earlier date. That was actually me. For some reason way back last year i thought nolasco was spelled with a k and kept spelling it with a k and it caught on when he started king everyone. LOL. I always mix you guys up. One letter difference followed by 4 numbers. BONIFACIO IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. NolasKo I now offer a formal apology for correcting your spelling at an earlier date.
  17. 1st ever 27-pitch perfect game?!?
  18. Chicago was very disappointing.
  19. Hit - Hanley Double - Hanley Triple - Maybin HR - Cody RBI - Cody Run Scored - Cody Stolen Base - Bonifacio +1 Caught Stealing - Bonifacio Error - Cantu Win -Nolasco +1 2
  20. The line looks good but always try to remember that Vegas is smarter than we are... Of course. I've never bet on a sportsbook before (brick and mortar or online), but I got $125 cash for my birthday from various sources, so I decided to have some fun with it. I don't necessarily have some great read on the division line. I just thought it'd be fun to make a (somewhat) big odds wager, and just wait and see how it goes. Mainly for entertainment purposes, although I do think the over on wins is a probable outcome, but again, defer to the above post. As a side note, the bet pays -135 I believe.
  21. Mad disrespect by Bodog. I assume other sportsbooks are similar. My dad and I put $100 each on the Marlins to go over 75.5, and $25 each on the Marlins to win the division at 14/1 odds. (I probably should have checked if any other site has a better line, but I forgot to, oops) This seems so low. We would need crazy injuries, IMO, to go under 75.5. Not that I could root any harder for this team, but this will add to the sweetness when we are still playing into late October :cool
  22. Mungo, why's my response being ignored? I'm curious to hear what you have to say.....
  23. Hit - Bonifacio +1 Double - Bonifacio Triple - Bonifacio HR - Bonifacio RBI -Bonifacio Run Scored - Bonifacio +1 Stolen Base - Bonifacio +1 Caught Stealing - Bonifacio Error - Bonifacio Win - Hough, Charlie 3
  24. No, not because of the Loria part. You say the same thing over and over - nothing new, so nothing particularly obnoxious. The whole lecture, which sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) was obnoxious. Your didactic post was silly, since Rab was making an analogy to the Queen as a figurehead, which she is, just like Samson. And he's right. And it doesn't matter what the Queen is officially called. It was as if you saw the chance to make a legitimate, factual point, and you jumped all over it. You are apparently correct about your statement. +1. But what the heck difference did it make here? And again, the tone of your post - like you were screaming "OMG Rab, I can't believe you said that, it's sooooooooo wrong, I'm going to tell you the facts, you idiot. God, some people's children!!!!! (Rab must be related to Loria, that jerk!)" I can assure you that was not copied and pasted from a website . I am a historian, a genealogist specializing in Royal and Noble families, journalist for a number of magazines including Royalty Monthly, and Hello magazine, and a non-fiction writer who has co-written or shadowed a number of published works, including the soon to be published Living Decendants of Charlemagne. I only sought to clarify something that bugs me to no end. The improper use of Her Majesty's title. It's tatamount to calling President Obama, President of only the African-Americans. Its incorrect and disrespectful. I take enough crap from the posters at this site, because I feel the Marlins would be better served with another owner, actually any other owner. :banghead I admit I do it to get a rise out of them, and some of them fall for it each and every time. :shifty Most of them understand it, and I think actually get the joke, but some I guess just are too thick headed to follow it. I clearly said that your post/lecture sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) [and] was obnoxious. Clearly and deliberately stated that way, because I was 0% accusing you. I was, however, picking on your tone, which gave off quite an obnoxious vibe. I'm sure you are an excellent writer/journalist, but most of your posts don't sound like this (as I recall), and this one sounded silly. It's fine that you wanted to clarify that, and I found it interesting. But it's the way you said it. And that analogy is awful. You're comparing countries/borders, which are actual geo-political lines of demarcation, and race, which does no sort of thing. Race is independent of geography, and it is not a priori significant in any way, relative to where/whom Obama is considered the President of. It's tantamount to calling President Obama instead President of the Eastern Seaboard, or the Midwest, or the Southeast, or New England, etc. Race was a very poor choice, and not because it's a "sensitive" issue - just because it's a poor analogy. And obviously I'm aware of your MO with Loria, which is fine and your opinion, which alone makes it valid. I don't agree with it, but I both understand your position and the "joke" of it, yet clearly state that my criticism is independent of that. (not saying that you were saying I don't get it - just clarifying)
  25. Here is the deal with Samson: He has so little to do with running the team it's borderline hilarious, assuming you find blatant nepotism funny. If you are angry about something to do with the organization, on the field or off, blaming Samson is like blaming the Queen of England because you don't like our trade agreement with Canada. There is no such thing as "The Queen of England". The monarch in Britain is only known as the King/Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland until 1937, and since then as of The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. It has been such for more than 300 years. (The act of union was ratified by Scottish and English parliaments in 1707) As for Canada, the monarch is separately, and independantly known as King/Queen of Canada. If Britain were to become a republic tomorrow, Elizabeth Windsor-Mountbatten would still be Queen of Canada, and also of, Australia, New Zealand, The Bahamas, Jamaica and a number of other states. As for Samson, he is and will always be a weasel. Loria keeps in the organization for God knows what reason. Loria is to blame. He needs to go. Am I the only one that found this post (while informative) still completely hilarious? Arguably one of the most obnoxious posts I've read in my (admittedly short) time here, even by Mungo standards. Obnoxious why ? Because I truly believe that Loria is the worst and most unfit owner in MLB ? I will continue to harp on that until he is gone, and we have an owner that truly believes in making the Marlins a winner. No, not because of the Loria part. You say the same thing over and over - nothing new, so nothing particularly obnoxious. The whole lecture, which sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) was obnoxious. Your didactic post was silly, since Rab was making an analogy to the Queen as a figurehead, which she is, just like Samson. And he's right. And it doesn't matter what the Queen is officially called. It was as if you saw the chance to make a legitimate, factual point, and you jumped all over it. You are apparently correct about your statement. +1. But what the heck difference did it make here? And again, the tone of your post - like you were screaming "OMG Rab, I can't believe you said that, it's sooooooooo wrong, I'm going to tell you the facts, you idiot. God, some people's children!!!!! (Rab must be related to Loria, that jerk!)"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.