Everything posted by mystikol87
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Boni if you k here you are back to bonerface. I Lol'ed. No K, though.
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Excellent at-bat. Cody's HR had turned over the line-up either way, but that walk is excellent, not to mention making Kawakami work. Great bunt by Ani.
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Cody smoked that one. Slump over [i hope]. Paulino looked goofy on that curveball haha
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Anibal got behind too often that inning. I hope he can start throwing some first-pitch strikes.
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Amezaga made a nice play, although it looked like he got a late break. Cody probably makes that catch look a lot easier, IMO.
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Man, that wind to left is fierce. I would expect a couple of homer s out there today.
-
4/16/2009 Florida Marlins vs Atlanta Braves game time 12:00noon
Why am I getting an infomercial on fecal matter rather than "Marlins Live"?????? I was about to say the same thing. WTF is going on? Good question. I skipped class for this shiz. Is there any rain or anything?
-
Let's go Marlins
kelly is hot... she can do whatever she wants. Look at her without makeup. .....and I'll just leave the "sorry to burst your bubble" here for you whenever you get to it.
-
Jackie Robinson DAY
all umpires and players wore the number 42. which i have no problem with. but i also feel there should be a babe ruth day, without ruth there would be no popularity at all in baseball. you know what? thats a frikin great idea... Even better...on that day there are free baby ruth bars given away. Even though the naming of those bars has nothing to do with George Herman?
-
Let's go Marlins
There are many more popular songs that are like that than we sometimes realize (or want to admit). Some really lazy lyrics out there. I mean, this is certainly not the most severe example, but that Kelly Clarkson song is "My life would suck without you". Some people like the tune of the song, fine. Some people think that lyric is "real". I think it's lazy and stupid.
-
Long time Marlins fan, First time poster
Welcome to MB.com They have a nice stadium out there in Atlanta, and I had a lot of fun being the Marlins fan in a sea of tomahawks. I actually went to that double-header one or two years ago.
-
4/15 Post Game
That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years]. Basically. And his Ks were very low until tonight lol. And he has walked a good amount in the majors so far. My main focus before was his line against RHP, that he will be decent against them. Currently has a ML line of .282/.347/.376, which IMO is around what to expect out of him against RHP, with a 0.49 BB/K and has walked 9.7% of the time (which is a good amount). Something to keep in mind regarding his walks is how many LHP he has faced. He has just 1 career ML walk against LHP, and they amount to 33% of the PAs he has this year (A normal season is, like, 20%). He walked the same amount of times against LHP as he did agaisnt RHP in the minors though, so hopefully that'll even out at the ML level. I'm not really adding anything, but just want to acknowledge good stuff [to keep in mind] :thumbup
-
4/15 Post Game
I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right? Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman The high fastball is really getting to him... He's coming back to life...........real soon. Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball. The problem? Nothing has changed. Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk. I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little. When you're hitting .500, you don't get many chances TO walk. I'd rather him hit a pitch he can hit, then let it go by and try to take a walk. I'm not saying I don't want him walking more, obviously that's a concern. But you can't really talk about the 8 game sample being against that when he's absolutely torched the ball. That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].
-
4/15 Post Game
I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right? Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman The high fastball is really getting to him... He's coming back to life...........real soon. Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball. The problem? Nothing has changed. Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk. I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little. When you're hitting .500, you don't get many chances TO walk. I'd rather him hit a pitch he can hit, then let it go by and try to take a walk. I'm not saying I don't want him walking more, obviously that's a concern. But you can't really talk about the 8 game sample being against that when he's absolutely torched the ball. That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].
-
4/15 Post Game
I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right? Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman The high fastball is really getting to him... He's coming back to life...........real soon. Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball. The problem? Nothing has changed. Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk. I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little.
-
4/15 Post Game
I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right? Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman The high fastball is really getting to him... That looks to be one of his biggest weaknesses. I believe that 3-2 pitch he chased with the bases loaded was a high fastball.
-
Ian Kinsler is having a good night
4 runs, 4 RBI as well as a steal. Ian Kinsler might be taking the title as best second baseman in the game from Chase Utley. If he didn't have to play the field, then maybe.
-
4/15 Post Game
See, now there's thing kind of love/hate thing: I love that I'm going to go to sleep, get up, have breakfast, have one class, and then come home and watch Marlins baseball to kick off my weekend. But then I hate that there's no Marlins game at night. And the Heat's regular season just ended and the playoffs don't start until the weekend. And the Panthers are done and a disappointment. And I really have zero desire to read stupid articles by Mel Kiper, Jr. or Todd McShay. This is what girls are for, right? My fiancee had better be able to do something interesting or I might die of boredom.
-
4/15 Post Game
TEAM RISP : 7-for-20 I love this part. Which is funny, because we also left a lot of men on early. But then we were like 7-for-7 in the 9th.
- 25 WILD MARLIN PROSPECTS
-
Bonifacio, overrated?
Come on guys, Bonifacio is a 3rd baseman. Argument over. He's kinda a 2nd baseman disguising himself as a 3rd baseman currently tbh. /sarcasm
-
25 WILD MARLIN PROSPECTS
Well I have to go the gym, I have a life. I don't just hang around posting nonsense all day to win imaginary awards and up my all time career post count. I try to post facts and analysis. If you don't like this list Rab, then why spend 2 hours in this thread? I'll take that as a compliment. Have a wonderful evening, Raul. Great job WildMarlinMan2003 I'm with you "great list". The problem is Rab & Raul they have their own agenda and your totally right about everything you wrote. Same person. you are so wrong again :banghead :banghead :banghead I'm wrong that Rab (me) and Raul (me) are the same person? Fantastic. My doc will have a ton of trouble fixing me on this one. Trust me, I know you're not him. The list doesn't have Gaby Sanchez as #1. Post of the year? This deserves several :lol :lol :lol :lol
-
Can you identify these baseball team's colors?
Feels like I'm at the optometrist.
-
Bonifacio, overrated?
Come on guys, Bonifacio is a 3rd baseman. Argument over.
-
Tankersley to have surgey on arm
By the way, Tucker's been put on the DL, as well.