Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mystikol87

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mystikol87

  1. Actually kinda happy Tucker is on the DL in a weird way. I'd like to think that his struggles were due to some very very very minor injury, as opposed to stinking.
  2. Of course they had to include that one fan in the video... Could someone please explain to me the deal with this specific fan? I wasnt able to watch the game and he/she keeps getting mentioned so like what happened? Basically an exasperated fan who they kept showing over and over, and he had funny facial expressions embodying how crappy the Nats and their fans must feel.
  3. Sending Amezaga was the right call. 1. There were 2 outs. 2. Bonifacio was on deck. 3. Kearns had to throw a perfect strike, off balanced. I said it in the gamethread, I'll say it here. I don't agree with Bo a lot, but I agreed with the move, today. I agree with all 3 points of this. With the way Boni has been hitting, being on the road, you gotta send Mez on that one. I agree with this, as well. By the way, Bob, that's a hilarious pic but now you have to change your caption, unless that sad Nats fan is "your bat and glove".
  4. Another first is going to happen. The Marlins will be the first team to go 161-1. Dont forget the playoffs, 175-1 I believe that would be 172-1. 10 playoff victories needed: 3 NLDS, 4 NLCS, 4 World Series. edit: fixed. Rab wins.
  5. Lets not get ahead of our selves with a sweep of the Pirates. Once game at a time. Lets pull away with this division. CONTRADICTION ALERT :blink: :lol Much love, though. I hope your last sentence is right on.
  6. Cowboy Cody who did the Hermida act from last night. I freaking love John Baker. This. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
  7. The clip they showed of a Marlins striking out a Phillie was Lindstrom striking out Paulino! :lol CODY! CODY! CODY!
  8. I love watching Hermida draw walks. Too bad Cody did the worst thing possible in that spot.
  9. You can, however, bet the Marlins at 25/1 to win the World Series and 12/1 to win the National League, at least on Bodog. Do you (or anyone else) remember the odds before the season started for the Marlins to win the Division, the NL and the WS? Last night I saw Division (4:1), NL (14:1) and WS (25:1) and bet the division although now I wish I had done the NL instead of the Division. I bet the Marlins at 14:1 to win the division before the season started. Marlins now down to 14/1 to win the WS here compared to 40/1 two weeks ago 20/1 to win the series here in the states on bodog, at least. Crazy shift, though. I guess there's been a lot of action on the Marlins.
  10. We need innings from Christopher Kenneth... From your mouth to.................his ears. :pray (I'll leave it open for interpretation)
  11. mystikol87 replied to Nny's topic in Miami Marlins
    So what kind of ERA would you expect from Nunez over a good sample then? 4.5? 5? Also, I wonder if the HR% for the league as a whole will go down a bit as steroids become less prevalent. I'm not sure where to find those totals, and 2-3 doesn't make an absolute trend, but I'm curious.
  12. You realize your math is wrong for 2006, unless you are rounding up? Either way, for his career, he is under 6 ip/start. I have always been under the impression that Trahern's repertoire is average at best across the board. You also like to bring up him playing in Albuquerque as a reason his stuff wouldnt work...if his stuff was what you say it was it should of negated that thin air since he is a groundball pitcher. Either way, he is off to another crappy start this year, putting a ton of runners on base and letting them score, and I hate to tell you there isnt much elevation in Nashville and especially not in New Orleans. Either way, your boy isnt as good as you desperately want to think he is. He is an average/mediocre prospect, and way down the list in the Marlins system as far arms go. His upside is limited, experience is about the only thing he has on the other pitchers. Quit trying to force feed a pitcher who has had no success whatsoever as a Marlin farm hand(and despite what you say was pretty meh in Detroit as well) down our throats and quit getting so damn hot and bothered when anyone dares talk objectively about Trahern. Fact of the matter is, if he does get called up to the show and pitches like he has so far this year so far and how he did last year, his stay would be extremely short and painful to watch. I'm not going to argue your baseball points because I don't really know much about the relevant topics. I will argue your words and your tone, however. I mean, why is the bolded part necessary? He's not trying to force feed anything. He updates us every night on the pitching performances in AAA. He didn't make any excuses for DT's performance in this game. He merely reported it. And he was perfectly reasonable when saying he just likes to "point out" 2 things about DT's resume and then asking you what your thoughts are. You are appearing as if you had made up your mind to get mad at him from the start. He hasn't gotten hot and bothered at all. By the time he said that you are an internet tough guy, he wasn't unwarranted.
  13. Haha, is that a record for farthest apart double-post?
  14. Thats a way to end the cycle in style with a Grand Slam. Thats like a fantasy for me Nah, the coolest way is to do with it a base clearing triple just getting under the tag. Eh, I prefer an inside-the-park homerun a la Bonifacio, but with a closer play at the plate such as your example.
  15. That's interesting, and we do need to keep things in perspective as far as Skip's development. Boy, was Baker a godsend. And we'd better hope that it continues, because I don't see any ML starters in the pipelines. If he didn't emerge, we would have been virtually forced to trade for a catcher, because it's clear that Treanor/Rabelo was not capable of viable production over the long-run. He really is. We're extremely lucky he has turned into a starting caliber player, let alone an awesome one, but I wouldn't be so down on our minor league catchers either. Hayes should emerge into a bad starter/good backup just because of his glove, Davis has underperformed at every level but he is off to a hot start in AA so maybe he is a late bloomer like Baker (doubtful, but still), Langley and Fermin both have a little bit of potential, and the real sleeper here is Ceballos. He is even rawer than Skipworth and is 5+ years away, but the scouts say his ceiling is pretty damn high. We've done a pretty good job of filling the organization with backstops. It's not insane like Texas or Seattle, but we're in a better position than most franchises here. Even if Baker goes down, we have some options moving through that have the chance of being adequate. And it's not just Baker (Minor league trade). We've been blessed with Uggla (Rule5), Cantu (FA), and Ross (Waivers) as well. These are -0- cost acquisitions. We'd be in a lot of trouble if we didn't have any of them because they really neglected drafting hitters 2001-2004. We didn't really get anything out of those drafts. We got Hermida, and then a bunch of spare parts (Carroll, Andino, etc). I'm guessing 2005-2008 is going to work out a bit better for us with Morrison, G. Sanchez, B. Hayes, Coghlan, Cousins, Raynor, Dominguez, Stanton, Petersen, Skipworth, and Galloway. The credit for Baker/Uggla/Cantu/Ross has to go to the front office. I guess there really is just a shortage of quality catchers (and prospects) around the league. I would hope that 2005-2008 is a safe bet for working about better for us. A ton of talent, and some have shown promise at AA or above, which is promising. P.S. I think it might soon be time to have Baker lead-off if Maybin and EB continue to sputter.
  16. Thats a way to end the cycle in style with a Grand Slam. Thats like a fantasy for me Nah, the coolest way is to do with it a base clearing triple just getting under the tag. Eh, I prefer an inside-the-park homerun a la Bonifacio, but with a closer play at the plate such as your example.
  17. Talking about Baker in 2012-2013 what About Skipworth wouldn't he be expected to be up by then at least on the bench Skipworth is really, really, raw, and catchers notoriously develop extremely slow. In a best case scenario development situation - 2009 A, 2010 A+, 2011 AA, 2012 AAA - he's still only going to be 23 years old Spring Training 2013. It's not like we're holding him back if Baker decides to be awesome and be our catcher for the next 5 years. Skip is still going to be really young. Also, since Skip is a catcher, he'll only have about 1500-1700 PA during these 4 years as well if he follows that 2009-2012 development plan. That's about how many PA Hermida saw in the minors. Hermida was one hell of a minor league prospect and Skipworth does not have the advanced batting approach Hermida had at the same age. It's likely Skip will need a bit more time to polish his bat and learn how to handle a staff. So basically, if Skipworth is perfect, maybe he's ready in 2013 for some sort of job on the 25 man roster. So to answer your question, I wouldn't expect Skipworth for awhile despite his prospect status. Dominguez and Stanton will probably beat him to the big leagues by 2-3 years, even though they were only drafted a year apart. That's interesting, and we do need to keep things in perspective as far as Skip's development. Boy, was Baker a godsend. And we'd better hope that it continues, because I don't see any ML starters in the pipelines. If he didn't emerge, we would have been virtually forced to trade for a catcher, because it's clear that Treanor/Rabelo was not capable of viable production over the long-run. True. Baker is literally our savior. If he wasn't awesome like his, we'd be screwed! Not to mention the fact that he's a lefty who mashes RHP, which is awesome. That ability he gives us to platoon a Ronny Paulino-type and get possibly .800+OPS production from behind the plate is ridiculous.
  18. I hope you all hate the Sox too. I can respect the front office of the Red Sox a bit more, at least. They seem to have talent for scouting young players, whereas the recent Yankees FO mainly just throws cash at veterans. My family's Yankee hatred starts with the fact that we lived in NY and rooted for the Mets before 1993; continues with being jealous of their long-term success but also hatred of annoying fans; and also continues because of the never-ending obnoxious coverage the media gives them. And don't get me wrong, I understand why they get that coverage. They have more fans, so that's what the shows cater to, which is cool. But it's annoying. I'm completely over the whole Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. ESPN and Fox has shoved it so far down our throats that I want to see both fans fail epically. I used to root for the Red Sox to a degree because they hadn't won in so long. Then, my family member who I had called to congratulate after a Patriots super bowl failed to acknowledge my Marlins at all in 2003. So then I was like f* that, f* all the teams in mass. But that's just a personal note.
  19. Talking about Baker in 2012-2013 what About Skipworth wouldn't he be expected to be up by then at least on the bench Skipworth is really, really, raw, and catchers notoriously develop extremely slow. In a best case scenario development situation - 2009 A, 2010 A+, 2011 AA, 2012 AAA - he's still only going to be 23 years old Spring Training 2013. It's not like we're holding him back if Baker decides to be awesome and be our catcher for the next 5 years. Skip is still going to be really young. Also, since Skip is a catcher, he'll only have about 1500-1700 PA during these 4 years as well if he follows that 2009-2012 development plan. That's about how many PA Hermida saw in the minors. Hermida was one hell of a minor league prospect and Skipworth does not have the advanced batting approach Hermida had at the same age. It's likely Skip will need a bit more time to polish his bat and learn how to handle a staff. So basically, if Skipworth is perfect, maybe he's ready in 2013 for some sort of job on the 25 man roster. So to answer your question, I wouldn't expect Skipworth for awhile despite his prospect status. Dominguez and Stanton will probably beat him to the big leagues by 2-3 years, even though they were only drafted a year apart. That's interesting, and we do need to keep things in perspective as far as Skip's development. Boy, was Baker a godsend. And we'd better hope that it continues, because I don't see any ML starters in the pipelines. If he didn't emerge, we would have been virtually forced to trade for a catcher, because it's clear that Treanor/Rabelo was not capable of viable production over the long-run.
  20. Talking about Baker in 2012-2013 what About Skipworth wouldn't he be expected to be up by then at least on the bench If Skipworth sees the bench, then that's not good. As long as he doesn't crash and burn, I have to imagine that he's the kind of prospect you'd much rather be giving ABs to in AAA as opposed to sitting on the bench being a modest contributor. And we've seen that it's not obscenely difficult to obtain a right-handed catcher who hits LHP well.
  21. Did anyone else, even after the 5 runs, still feel like it didn't matter? I know it's early but there is definitely something about this team. We've seen almost everyone in the lineup step up and win a game this year. What a run by this bullpen.. amazing last couple games by them. Calero is impressive.. how did we come about him again? ST invite? He was in invitee but he always had a pretty good shot at making the team. The only reason he's out there is because he was out for a year due to injury. And the pen, it's been more the a couple games. If you don't count Andrew Miller, they've been scoreless (earned) for the last 7 games, 22.1 innings (the innings is regardless of Miller) . In that time, they (obviously) have a 0.00 ERA and a 0.940 WHIP. They have been nothing short of incredible. WOW. I knew it was good, but I didn't know it was that good. Obviously they won't have a 0.00 ERA for the next 151 games, but this does make me very optimistic that this bullpen has the potential to be good++
  22. I take great pleasure in the Yankees' misfortune.
  23. I love this team. I don't even think the liberals on the Bullpen forum could be annoyed at you right now :lol
  24. I hope when the fish come back home the crowds vs the phillies are all 20,000+ i mean people have to notice this team is 10-1!!!!!!!!!! This is a good point. Even if they only split these last 4, people have to pay attention when their team is, for example, 12-3, at least tied for the best record in the ML, and coming home to play the defending champs for a weekend series. I'm sure Saturday will be a good crowd, but I'd like to see over 23k on Friday, and at least 18k-20k on Sunday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.