Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mystikol87

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mystikol87

  1. And the reason this team didn't ink Villone to a minor league deal is? (let alone Ohman et. al) Villone's last stay as a Marlins was a horrible horrible event. I bet that had something to do with it. Yes, it was. It's still a business, of course, and his numbers against lefties are just so good. But I would never say that your scenario is impossible, and it might even be likely.
  2. Naw we got the best rotation because ours will most likely stay healthy all year. Its just the effectiveness of our 4 a And 5 starters that will determine how far we can go this year. Along with Boni and the defense at least being middle of the pack. :blink: I don't know everyone's injury history on every team, but do you not recall Anibal's arm surgery, JJ's arm surgery, Nolasco's injuries, and that Volstad has never pitched more than 175 innings? I mean, I obviously hope you are right, but that is in no way a reasonable criterion. Counting the minors Volstad has pitched 570 innings. You throw just as hard in the minors as majors Um, he has never thrown more than 175 innings IN A SEASON. Keep your snide comments to yourself, especially when they are preceded by crap.
  3. And the reason this team didn't ink Villone to a minor league deal is? (let alone Ohman et. al)
  4. Of course he's overrated if anyone thinks he's going to bat over .400 all year. He did look overmatched at times once Vazquez started feeding him the high fastballs. It seemed pretty obvious that the Braves got the scouting report on him, but he did still manage 2 hits. Either way, we'll ride this hot streak till its over. Go Marlins.
  5. WTF the Cubs arent even in your top 8??? Zambrano-Dempster-Harden is without a doubt in the top 5, possibly top 3. My top 5 coming into the season would be: Boston - Beckett, Lester, Dice-K NYY - Sabathia, Burnett, Wang Cubs - Zambrano, Dempster, Harden Arizona - Webb, Haren, Garland LAA - Lackey, Santana, Saunders Before the season I would say our top 3 are roughly 8-10th but with the potential to be top 3/5 I think this is the closest so far. 6. Devil Rays: James Shields Scott Kazmir, Matt Garza I think you need to bump them up. With the list above, #6 is just about where the Rays trio should be slotted. They do deserve to be ahead of some of the #1-5 teams on the original poster's list, though.
  6. Naw we got the best rotation because ours will most likely stay healthy all year. Its just the effectiveness of our 4 a And 5 starters that will determine how far we can go this year. Along with Boni and the defense at least being middle of the pack. :blink: I don't know everyone's injury history on every team, but do you not recall Anibal's arm surgery, JJ's arm surgery, Nolasco's injuries, and that Volstad has never pitched more than 175 innings? I mean, I obviously hope you are right, but that is in no way a reasonable criterion.
  7. And now he's imploding, 3 straight hits, scoring a run. This didn't shock me. As a Marlin, it always seemed like once something didn't go his way, he spiraled into major problems.
  8. Nice pics. Cool action shot of Hanley.
  9. Yikes, maybe I shouldn't have created the thread. Oh well, just curious about the thoughts of fellow fans. And you got them. We think that Hanley is not in any slump. Welcome to MB.com! Thanks for the welcome. I think I may be a tad bit paranoid because he's on my fantasy team. Meh, I guess I need a lesson in patience. Welcome to the site. If he's on your fantasy team, there's still absolute ZERO reason to EVER sit him (unless he's out of the lineup, obviously). The guy's a beast, and he'll be fine and an extremely valuable part of your team.
  10. also Nunez looked good in the 8th, he could be a nice fit there. Could be a nice fit in the 9th, if you ask me. He impresses me more than Lindstrom, to be honest. He's a lefty. Its kinda wierd to see a L as a closer. Even though Nunez is not a lefty, Billy Wagner is. I don't know why you think it's weird to see a lefty as a closer.
  11. So he never did Gasolina? My grandfather made us leave early (obviously :thumbdown ), but that was the one song my dad ( :lol ) wanted to hear. Gasolina is from Daddy Yankee. Unless if there's another Gasolina I don't know about. Shows what I know. I did have fun dancing with myself, though.
  12. Really like what we've seen from Nunez so far, by the way. If Proctor can get healthy and back to form, we could have a solid to very good 7-8-9 combo. Don't forget Kiko. True. That's what I've been hoping for all along, that Calero/Proctor/Nunez/Lindstrom could become a very solid back-end if all goes well. Add in Penn for long-relief, Kensing as a high-K, high-upside guy, and all that's missing is a LOOGY. We may not have the "elitez" that Nny wants, but this could potentially be rather solid. (Also, there may be several potential replacements for Penn or Kensing from the minors as the season moves along.)
  13. So he never did Gasolina? My grandfather made us leave early (obviously :thumbdown ), but that was the one song my dad ( :lol ) wanted to hear.
  14. Tough start for the kid. If he keeps going like this, and especially if our bullpen continues to struggle in the ML, I would expect him to start getting some work out of the bullpen eventually. This will be a tough call for Fleming and co.
  15. Sucks for Milledge, but at least this should mean more playing time for Hammer! Only effects Dukes, really. He's only other one that can play CF on their team. So this move sucks for us cuz Dukes is 10 times the player Milledge is. But both of guys were capable of playing the corners, as well. Dukes may or may not have been ahead of Hammer on the depth chart for LF, but with one less OF on the roster, there is one less player blocking Hammer. I don't see how this could not affect Hammer.
  16. Sucks for Milledge, but at least this should mean more playing time for Hammer!
  17. Really like what we've seen from Nunez so far, by the way. If Proctor can get healthy and back to form, we could have a solid to very good 7-8-9 combo.
  18. G Anderson 14 Ks in a row. And V?zquez is no Johan Santana. Vazquez isn't Santana sure, although we all heard that stat that he has the 2nd most K's over some long period behind only Randy Johnson (I forget exactly what it was, but it was certainly impressive). That said, easily Volstad for POTG. Uggla's hit was huge, but I didn't expect Volstad to be so good early. Obviously it's a small sample, but I'm impressed so far this year.
  19. Really nice half-inning for the Marlins here. Bad swing by Jeremy, though. That fan is a jerk. Pointing at poking like that, wtf.
  20. Nice Gaby stat. Good play by EB, good athleticism whether he was actually safe or not.
  21. That was a classy tribute. Not sure if Tommy did it himself, or if fox wanted it, but either way, nice to acknowledge the passing of Mr. Kalas.
  22. Ted Williams was a god. Surprised me quite a bit to see Luis Gonzalez ahead of Griffey Jr. for this decade, and just to see Griffey so low, in general.
  23. He's surprising us to be sure but we knew that he was gonna get a chance at 3rd and to bal leadoff, we just didnt agree with it based on his minor league numbers. Now the games are actually being played and once again we realize that we have probably other than the Red Sox the best damn scouts and front office in the league. Now the true test is can he keep this up and for how long. And Beinfest also said it would end up beinng Boni, Maybin and Hanley to start the game and I personally would love to see that! That would speed up Maybin's development if Boni can consistently get on base and thus speed up the teams development because lets face it we traded the dude for MIGUEL a HOF type guy. Sorry, but Baker is too good to be knocked out of the top of the lineup for two guys (in Maybin and EB) who haven't had any sustained ML success yet. If Maybin can OBP .370, then put him up there, no problem, but until then, Shake n' Bake.
  24. Mets open Citi just like they opened their franchise, just like they opened Polo Grounds, just like they opened Shea Stadium, and just like they closed the last two seasons; as losers. :lol :thumbup
  25. Hmmm, doesn't seem quite as bad upon 2nd reading. I'll give you that much, DD. Calling his bat and his switch to 3rd a revelation is over-the-top, but not bad otherwise.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.