Everything posted by mystikol87
-
4/18 Fish of the Game
Haha. I voted for Ross Gload. Just because I like to say...Ross Gload. I LOL'ed :lol
-
4/18 Post Game
Eh, in 2006 they took 13 out of 19 from us. Maybe that's what I was thinking of, but I'm not sure.
-
4/18 Post Game
The Nats must be saying right now... what the hell do we have to do to beat this freaking team! and then another would say... did...did that just really happen? It's nice to be on the other side of this. I remember feeling that way about the Phillies for a long time (a few years back) yea when they beat us 5 straight? I'm actually remembering back to 2002, I think it was, when they won like 14 or 15 or 16 games against us. edit: that's definitely the wrong year, I'm looking it up now.
-
4/18 Post Game
The Nats must be saying right now... what the hell do we have to do to beat this freaking team! and then another would say... did...did that just really happen? It's nice to be on the other side of this. I remember feeling that way about the Phillies for a long time (a few years back)
-
Erick's World.
That's not annoying, I swear :thumbdown
-
4/18 Post Game
Damn, mine got deleted...lol. sorry Fish4Life beat you to the postgame thread. I meant to merge yours but got deleted instead. Isn't he 10-1 so far? I'm not a big fan of deleting his post :confused ......or at least 9-1 after he posts the postgame
-
Trahern Not Immune
Actually a little bit better than what I have come to expect from Trahern. Now don't get "trahernsfriend" all worked up haha Nothing personal and that wasnt what I was going for. I just dont think Trahern is all that good and for better or for worst he is the kind of pitcher you expect mediocre performances from. I didn't think you were going for anything personal. I just know that if someone criticizes Trahern, "trahernsfriend" is going to come defend his boy. Just teasing a bit.
-
So if the Marlins continue to be hot over the next coming months, who
You give Johnson a 5 year contract after the year if you think his arm holds up, and you consider Hermida, Miller, Anibal, and Nolasco if they really break out with star quality years. If not, just take them all to arbitration. With emphasis, I say take Uggla to arbitration and do not sign him to a 4+ year contract. We do not need to be guaranteeing $12+ million to a 33 year old Dan Uggla. It will kill us. In the end, I expect us to just sign Johnson this offseason, take Nolasco, Hermida, Miller, one of Uggla/Cantu, Lindstrom, Nunez, and Anibal to arbitration, and then trade off our other arbitration eligible players - Ross, Amezaga, Uggla/Cantu, Kensing, Pinto, and Tank. After 2010, you make evaluations on Maybin and Volstad and see if they need 5-6 year deals. I'm very hopeful on this, as this is going to be the biggest moment for the future of the franchise. They need to start buying out the young studs arbitration + first 1-2 free agency years, BEFORE, they become arbitration eligible. They waited 1-2 years to long to give Hanley a deal. I do not want that to happen again with other stud players. And that's it. Nothing major. We have to keep the books organized and just because we have a new stadium doesn't mean we should be dishing out contracts because we can. I don't think anyone is arguing that, but it's still important to state. Any deal needs to make sense, because a year or two into that stadium Morrison, Stanton, Dominguez, West, Coghlan, Bonifacio, G. Sanchez, Cousins, Thompson, Tucker, Ceda, etc, are all going to be in arbitration and we need to be ready for that enormous salary jump coming. Here is a mock 2012 payroll with pieces we currently have C John Baker $3,000,000 < - First year arbitration 1B Logan Morrison $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013, hopefully is awesome and bought out post 2011 through 2016/2017 2B Chris Coghlan $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 3B Matt Dominguez $420,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2014, think about buying out after 2012 season SS Hanley Ramirez $15,000,000 < - Signed through 2014 LF Mike Stanton $410,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2014, think about buying out after 2012 season RF Scott Cousins $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 CF Cameron Maybin $3,000,000 < - First year arbitration, hopefully he is bought out through 2015/2016 B Emilio Bonifacio $1,500,000 < - First year arbitration B Brett Hayes $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 B John Raynor $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 B Gaby Sanchez $410,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 B "Vet 2B/SS/3B" $1,000,000 SP Josh Johnson $12,000,000 < - First Free Agency, hopefully signed through 2014 SP Chris Volstad $3,000,000 < - First year arbitration, hopefully he is bought out through 2015/2016 SP Andrew Miller $6,500,000 < - Third year arbitration, hopefully is awesome and bought out through 2014 SP Sean West $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013, hopefully is awesome and bought out post 2011 through 2016/2017 SP Brad Hand $410,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2015 RP Ryan Tucker $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 RP Jose Ceda $430,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 RP Chris Leroux $420,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2014 RP CC RHP $420,000 RP CC RHP $410,000 RP Aaron Thompson $420,000 < - Arbitration eligible 2013 RP CC LHP $410,000 $52,170,000 < - Now imagine if they had signed Uggla, Hermida, and Nolasco to 4- 5 year contracts in 2010, and each is being paid over $10-12 million. That almost doubles real fast. We would be screwed with huge contracts and 10-12 pending huge arbitration/contract jumps in 2013, and having to resign Hanley which could be terrifying amounts of money. Unless of course you think payroll is going to $100 million. Then by all means, sign everyone because who cares about accountability with that much money. In my projections, Sean West will make $435,000 in 2012.
-
4/18/2009 - Florida Marlins vs Nationals 1:05pm
Marlins: 1.Emilio Bonifacio, 3b; 2. Jeremy Hermida, lf; 3. Hanley Ramirez, ss; 4. Jorge Cantu, 1b; 5. Dan Uggla, 2b; 6. Ronny Paulino, c; 7. Cody Ross, rf; 8. Cameron Maybin, cf; 9. Josh Johnson, p. Nationals: 1. Anderson Hernandez, 2b; 2. Nick Johnson, 1b; 3. Ryan Zimmerman, 3b; 4. Adam Dunn, lf; 5. Elijah Dukes, cf; 6. Josh Bard, c; 7. Austin Kearns, rf; 8. Alberto Gonzalez, ss; 9. Scott Olsen, p. http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/...on-truckin.html Interesting line-up. Jeremy has been very patient thus far, but against a lefty, I'd still rather see Paulino in that spot tbh.
-
So if the Marlins continue to be hot over the next coming months, who
With JJ, I would love to see him locked up, although he still does have an injury history. Still, we're probably not going a discount at this point, so year-to-year might just be best. Volstad is a different story, though. We could probably get through his arbitration years and maybe even 1-2 FA years, and that would be great. Maybin hasn't earned it so far, and they're also probably not saving any money on Uggla. And even if they sign him instead of yearly arbitration hearings, that doesn't mean that they can't or won't trade him.
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
He's a moron. He called our closer "Brandon" Looper all year. Hey idiot, this team is in the World Series, do you think you can learn their closer's name? God forbid he'd mispronounce Mariano Rivera :banghead
-
Question?
This is a funky one. As I mentioned before, and agreeing with Penguino, I believe that Florida law requires liability insurance. If your parents don't file a claim for their vehicle, they should be able to avoid the spike in premiums. But if your parents report it, assuming that the insurance will pay the claim, then it's inevitable, as far as I know, that if insurance pays a claim, then they will raise that accounts rates appropriately. How serious is the damage? Maybe you can settle without getting the insurance involved? Or is it too late for that already.....
-
Question?
If she's not insured, then there might be a fine. I'm not sure about this, though, but I have to imagine there will be some sort of repercussions, because all drivers must be insured by law in the state of Florida. I dont think you guys are understanding me. My mom has insurnace, when the cop got there he ask for insurance and reg from both my sister and other driver, he did his report and gave the other driver a ticket. Now my question is when my mom calls the insurnace what will happen? Will my mom and than her insurance goes up because of not having my sister on it? Does your sister have insurance of her own? Or none at all?
-
Jason Kubel is a good hitter
I think you can say cycle after the fact. You're not going to time-jinx him. haha, didn't think so. I was just surprised not to see a thread. We've been really self absorbed here lately. Having the best record in baseball and the best record in team history will do that to ya. I'll take that trade-off every day and twice on Sunday.
-
Jason Kubel is a good hitter
I think you can say cycle after the fact. You're not going to time-jinx him. haha, didn't think so. I was just surprised not to see a thread.
-
Bodog Line on W/L
--> Rent --> $250k+ debt my fiancee and I will have in 4-5 years from now. But thanks. I'll try and have a little fun with some of it. Always cool when money falls out of the sky. Especially when I don't really know the first thing about sports betting (just looked at basic stats and went with my gut based mainly off of the pitching matchups).
-
Trahern Not Immune
By the way, I really appreciate these updates, tf. If you could add in highlights at the plate too, that'd be awesome.
-
Trahern Not Immune
Actually a little bit better than what I have come to expect from Trahern. Now don't get "trahernsfriend" all worked up haha
-
Jason Kubel is a good hitter
Wow. And his home run was a grand slam to cap off a huge 8th inning which gave the Twins the lead, leading to a victory. 3 cycles in less than 2 weeks is nuts.
-
9-1
I was at the game with 3 of my cuban friends. Needless to say, we were loud and repping the Fish. We were second tier, in right field, right behind cody. We gave cody a shout out in the 1st inning, and he nodded. Then when he came to the field after he tied it up with his bomb, we were going nuts and he chuckled and waved his glove to us. I had a great game. What a fun game to be at. So glad Cody has had some luck with the stick. I love Cody, he'll always answer his fans. I remember giving him a chant before a game when we were in the rays tank and him giving us the point and nod. That's pretty cool. Always makes you like your team just that much more when the guys are nice and friendly.
-
Bodog Line on W/L
So, when I deposited my $250, I got a 10% bonus of $25. I've bee making small bets with it and I got it as high as $50 and was around $40 heading into last night. Being a poker player at somewhat high stakes, I grew weary of the bet $5 to win $5. So I started doing some crazy parlays to have fun. The other night I picked 4 or 5 baseball games - I got all but one right, but the combinations I picked on my parlays made it such that I had a net loss for the night. So tonight I picked 4 totals, but I missed 2 of them. I also picked 6 lines I liked straight up and made a bunch of different parlay combinations so that I might still win even if I missed 1 or 2: 1. Cubs (favorite) - come-from-behind against the Redbirds. Then I went to the future in-laws for dinner, so I was forced to check my phone for updates. 2. Pirates (underdog) - lead the whole way. 3. Padres (underdog) - crazy come-from-behind after trailing 6-1 or something against the Phillies. 4. Reds (underdog)- down 1-0 all game, somehow in the 9th they got 2. Then I had the 2 other favorites I chose, one being the Marlins, whose game I had Tivo'd. All the while I was getting the updates on my other game. By the time I got to the 7th inning of the recording, I saw that the Mariners had come from down 3-0 to score 6 unanswered and win. Then my recording cut off in the 10th with Uggla up. When I went on ESPN and saw that we had won, I was ecstatic. I figured I might have won a couple of hundred bucks. I logged onto Bodog and my account had $539.74! Now I can't go to sleep. I'm stoked. I've won and lost much more in a day with poker many times, but this is so new and exciting. I still think I'm going to take out $400 or more and just have fun with the rest :thumbup
-
9-1
What a fun run this has been. And by the time I wake up tomorrow, it'll be almost time for the next game. I love it.
-
Question?
If she's not insured, then there might be a fine. I'm not sure about this, though, but I have to imagine there will be some sort of repercussions, because all drivers must be insured by law in the state of Florida.
-
Paulino's new gear
Nah, Piazza looks cool.... You don't know what cool is. He looks like an L7 weenie. Anytime you quote "The Sandlot", you get a :thumbup :cool :lol :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
-
More Bonifacio Analysis: This time from the Nats beat writer.
I thought this might be appropriate thread. Cameron Maybin is leading off tonight. EB isn't in the lineup, Helms playing third. Interesting, but this against an LHP, so I'm not sure it's indicative of a significant shift in playing time arrangements.