Everything posted by Rex
-
8/23 Marlins @ Braves
Well, its not like Ricky deserves a win... BUT WE f***ING DO!! Ricky didn't pitch the 5 innings(4.1) required for a starter to get credited with a win....
-
8/23 Marlins @ Braves
can we please give martinez a shot to start? i said it earlier in the week, the kid has got pretty damn good stuff. nice fastball with some late movement and a really nick changeup, and most important of all, he can actually throw strikes!!! He won me over when he struck out the side in relief on his debut against the D'Backs earlier this year. :notworthy this is CM's game by game log.....he gave up a 2 run homer and was the losing pitcher in his debut... http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=fla&playerID=450852&statType=2 while he had 4 strikeouts in 2 innings...he had a couple of groundouts and hits thrown in...he faced 10 batters(2IP) and threw 37 pitches(25 strikes)....I don't think I'd call that striking out the side....much less a sucessful debut.... gameday from CM's debut.... http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_05_21_arimlb_flomlb_1&mode=gameday
-
August 18 - Marlins vs. Astros
Although I don't have the numbers with me to prove it, but it seems like Hermida has been doing much better batting 8th. Hermida's stats: http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=6199 If you go towards the bottom, the stats are given by "batting order"....
-
August 18 - Marlins vs. Astros
DUggla #22...
-
August 16 - Post Game
the team had 13 LOB....HRamirez had 6....JCantu 5....WHelms 5 also....in many situations we needed that elusive xbh....
-
Out of State Fans
Miami native now living in Charlottesville, VA after 5 years in Missouri and South Dakota. Was there for opening day back in '93 and always catch at least a series or two on the road. (was in Philly last weekend). I spent many years in N.Dakota(native)...one year at Northern St. in Aberdeen,S.D.;summer school at SDSU in Brookings also..."I've been on Marlin boards since 12/99(aka MnMarRex)...I haven't run into many Dakotans that were fans of the Fish also a fan since the franchise was awarded...
-
8/16 Rockies @ Marlins Game 1
CCoughlan #7....
-
8/16 Rockies @ Marlins Game 1
Vlostad with a broken bat single....I hope that it wasn't one of the "magic" bats...
-
8/16 Rockies @ Marlins Game 1
HRamirez #18....
-
Wright Hit in Head
Dodger pitcher,Hiroki Kuroda, was just hit by a line drive off the bat of Rusty Ryal. Looks like it went off the side of Kuroda's head....he's moving...but they're now preparing to carry him off on a stretcher... Edit:as he was leaving on a cart,,,,he raised his hand in acknowledgement of the fan's applause... scary stuff....
-
Reassuring thing I noticed in our schedule
If we play .583 ball the rest of the way (how we've played in July and August), we end up with about 88 wins. That may be enough to win the WC, but it would be nice if we could get to 90 wins. It would be nicer to 6-0 the Phillies and take the division, but the Wild card is obv acceptable I guess we control our own destiny regardless. Do we play the Giants again or are we done with them? No more Giants....Left on Schedule: Col., @Hou., @Atl, NYM, SD, Atl, @Wsh, @NYM, Wsh, @StL, @Cin, Phl, NYM, @Atl, @Phl http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=fla&m=8&y=2009
- Andrew Miller in Jupiter?
-
Guy who threw beer on Victorino turns himself in
well the guy who actually threw the beer turned himself in because the cops were after him. this video shows the guy in the white throwing the cup of beer and later on the puss ran off before security got there so they took the other guy instead. now the cubs not only have to apologize to victorino but the guy they accidentally kicked out of the game victorino is my least-liked philly but that was f***ed up and he didn't deserve that. http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4396672 Not a good move by the cubs fan, is it worth getting in trouble for a guy making 10 times more then yourself? nope.. What will the fan get for this? Just community service and a Fine? He'll probably just get banned from the stadium. He just threw a beer at him, it is not like he attacked him. Sure, he just threw a beer at him....while a hard hit baseball was coming towards Victorino...would a player be more vulnerble trying to catch a fly ball(while getting a beer thrown on him)...or fighting off an assailant? A baseball probably causes more damage than the guy's fists...I'm sure I'd like to see a harsher punishment that most fans....but I hate outside(fan)interference...I don't like the Phillies at all....but this needs punishment so it doesn't possibly occur again...
-
8/13 Astros @ Marlins
we take the series.....effin' Cubs....
- 8/13 Astros @ Marlins
- 8/8 -- Marlins at Phillies
- 8/8 -- Marlins at Phillies
- 8/7 -- Marlins at Phillies
-
8/7 -- Marlins at Phillies
NJohnson #7....1st as a Fish
-
8/5 - Marlins @ Nationals
Good job Dan....show some life...
-
8/02 Cubs @ Marlins
CRoss #17....TY Mr.Gregg....
-
8/02 Cubs @ Marlins
DUggla #18.....probably more on Gregg than Uggla...
-
8/02 Cubs @ Marlins
Is that the first run given up by Donelly? I noticed it said his ERA was 0.00 yep... http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=fla&playerID=407791&statType=2
-
8/02 Cubs @ Marlins
Hermida,Uggla,Ross scheduled in the b9....
- 8/02 Cubs @ Marlins