Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GoFishGoMs628

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GoFishGoMs628

  1. A friend of mine thinks were going to get Pujols. I'm going to have to agree with him, just because it needs to happen.
  2. I could see a lot of jumping ship coming up. It's not like the team is just moving to another stadium a la the Twins, Mets, etc., or changing their name and uniforms like the Rays, or just changing their colors like the DBacks. Once these images get released, the Marlins as we know them are dead. True fans never jump ship... regardless of circumstances. Besides that I would definitely rock the logo you have as your avatar... even though Oklahoma City already has those colors, at least our logo would look better than theirs.
  3. Me like this Javier Vazquez, helping to knock the Braves out of the playoffs would be a good ending to a bad year, and I could rub it in my friends faces... Go Fish!
  4. Not looking at the record, given the good start and heavy fall out, a horrid June and August, along with a change of coaches, terrible injuries, teammate feuds, and a circus on and off the field, do you think that 2011 was the worst year in Marlins history?
  5. I don't blame him for filing a grievance, the team sent him down randomly. It's not like he was at .240 all year, I would probably file for grievance too, considering the reason the club stated was probably not the reason they sent him down.
  6. Ricky Nolasco is our 6 inning horse... but don't ask for 7, that was probably the worst inning pitching wise ever.
  7. so excited to see Leo Nunez!
  8. LMAO! Opposite field upper deck. Stanton acted like he got jammed. Beast.
  9. At least Stanton will lead the National League in home runs and will finish this season with less than 200 strike outs I can name a few people that argued that wasn't possible, earlier this year. Yeah, but Greg Dobbs is better. He has a 28.3% success rate. Yea, I like Greg Dobbs he's a good hitter.
  10. Right because McKeon had absolutely nothing to do with turning 2003 around, managers can change the way players approach the game and can bring a spark if there isn't one. I don't think I need to delve anymore into the situation. Once again though it was sarcasm I wasn't actually considering Leyland as an option. McKeon replaced bad management and took good players to the WS. That wouldn't have made the World Series without Jack, correct. What's your point? Bringing a spark to a non-playoff team wont do anything. They wont make the playoffs if they're not playoff quality players, and they most certainly wont win a World Series. Jack McKeon took an underperforming team and made them perform to their highest capability. Good management is important to get the best out of your players, but having a good team is first and foremost. ? My original post was to who I thought the manager moving forward would be, I posted out of sarcasm because no one knows who the future manager is. Squall said "Didnt work? You mean he wasnt able to turn sh*t into sandwiches? Managers cant turn bad players good." Assuming I take what Squall says as "truth" we wouldn't need a manager because "our team sucks". As for my point: I wasn't really trying to make a point other than managers have an impact on the game, if this were not true, why would teams bother having managers.
  11. Right because McKeon had absolutely nothing to do with turning 2003 around, managers can change the way players approach the game and can bring a spark if there isn't one. I don't think I need to delve anymore into the situation. Once again though it was sarcasm I wasn't actually considering Leyland as an option. McKeon replaced bad management and took good players to the WS. That wouldn't have made the World Series without Jack, correct. Those players were more matured though and not in just their 1st/2nd season, like most of the core of our line-up is. Plus we didn't have any injuries in 2003, save Lowell's broken hand in August, which didn't set us back any. Well yea, I'm not saying I was expecting this Marlins team to be headed for the World Series with a managerial change or even the playoffs, just food for thought given that nobody really knows who's going to take over as manager. I don't really care who the manager is as long as we show progress next year, assuming we finish below .500. I think around a .500 mark would be a good goal to have in mind assuming we have a healthy (JJ and Hanley).
  12. Why am I not surprised? ---- On a positive note perhaps Hanley has needed surgery all along and thus is a result of his poor play this year; I mean only Josh Johnson can dominate while secretly injured. ---- At least Stanton will lead the National League in home runs and will finish this season with less than 200 strike outs I can name a few people that argued that wasn't possible, earlier this year.
  13. Right because McKeon had absolutely nothing to do with turning 2003 around, managers can change the way players approach the game and can bring a spark if there isn't one. I don't think I need to delve anymore into the situation. Once again though it was sarcasm I wasn't actually considering Leyland as an option. McKeon replaced bad management and took good players to the WS. That wouldn't have made the World Series without Jack, correct.
  14. Guys, Leyland and Valentine are NOT Y O U N G. We tried Y O U N G with Fredi and Rodriguez and didn't get anywhere. Keeping McKeon would give some continuity as well as teach the young team what it means to play as a big leaguer, mature them by kicking aXX and tongue lashing. Look how many managers we have gone through the last few years. Every year the players have to adjust to someone different. My preference is keep McKeon. Why would Leyland leave Detroit? It was a sarcastic post, due to the fact that we are worrying about who the next manager of the Marlins will be. I figured since the Marlins brought Jack back and it didn't work why not bring back another manager who won a WS title with the Marlins.Didnt work? You mean he wasnt able to turn sh*t into sandwiches? Managers cant turn bad players good. Right because McKeon had absolutely nothing to do with turning 2003 around, managers can change the way players approach the game and can bring a spark if there isn't one. I don't think I need to delve anymore into the situation. Once again though it was sarcasm I wasn't actually considering Leyland as an option.
  15. I wonder if we will get to 60 wins today.
  16. Maybe we can record an out with the pitcher up, but i wont get my hopes up.
  17. Guys, Leyland and Valentine are NOT Y O U N G. We tried Y O U N G with Fredi and Rodriguez and didn't get anywhere. Keeping McKeon would give some continuity as well as teach the young team what it means to play as a big leaguer, mature them by kicking aXX and tongue lashing. Look how many managers we have gone through the last few years. Every year the players have to adjust to someone different. My preference is keep McKeon. Why would Leyland leave Detroit? It was a sarcastic post, due to the fact that we are worrying about who the next manager of the Marlins will be. I figured since the Marlins brought Jack back and it didn't work why not bring back another manager who won a WS title with the Marlins.
  18. Easy pitches to hit all over from Anibal, those last 3 at bats.
  19. Nice to finally have some baseball.
  20. Hopefully Adrian Gonzalez wins the AL MVP $$$ Doubt he wins it, but surely Ian Kennedy of the Diamondbacks must be included in the NL Cy Young discussions. He is currently on pace to finish 19-4 (has 15 wins atm) with a 3.09 ERA and 190 K's in approx 220 innings. Should definitely be in the mix but I think Clayton Kershaw will win hands down, 16-5 with a 2.51 ERA with over 200 strikeouts on a bad Dodgers team.
  21. It's nice to win a game, our record in August is mirroring June.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.