Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GoFishGoMs628

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GoFishGoMs628

  1. The agency's decision cited the Defense of Marriage Act as the reason for the denial of an I-130 visa, or spousal petition that could allow Makk to apply for permanent U.S. residency. "The claimed relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary is not a petitionable relationship," the decision said. "For a relationship to qualify as a marriage for purposes of federal law, one partner must be a man and the other a woman." Because our country wasn't founded on gay principles and while I hate the government well... there are way more important things that need to be covered.
  2. Superstars? Where? Well Hanley ... was? BTW, you said it perfectly earlier Magnus "The Miami Circus" thats what this is right now is a circus.
  3. LoMo seemed fine at the Tommy Bahama event last weekend too. Also, I'm not going to scrutinize his comments too much. He obviously is going through a lot mentally right, and then is bombarded with questions moments after getting the news of being demoted. Only Helms could handle something with so much grace. And for what its worth, LoMo didn't trash the organization or anything. Hell he still wants to be a Marlin in the future. He just called it as he saw it at the time being - that there was more to the demotion than a .249 batting average. Which is really not too far-fetched. Everyone causes their own grief, if you open your mouth and ruffle the wrong feathers expect to get back lash. LoMo didn't trash the organization but there really isn't a need to send LoMo down skill wise considering there is no one else to man the outfield besides scrubs, or the people we brought in when the sky first started falling. As a writer, I would normally write an article about this but thats your job and everyone already knows about it. BTW, how was the Tommy Bahamas thing? I may write a LoMo article, but I definitely would need facts first. Not going to sound like an ignorant LoMo defender, even if barely anyone reads it haha. And it was good. Really nice private atmosphere, even though it was open to the public. Got to chat for at least a minute or two with every ball player there except Boni. All really nice and seemingly down to earth people. My facebook picture right now is actually one of me and LoMo from the event. I tried posting pictures here but it says that they're too big and I need to get a picture resizer program on the computer. Right I hear ya, keep your head up everyone starts somewhere, especially when it comes to sports journalism, gotta write to be known, just something I'm passionate about. Anyway glad you enjoyed the Tommy Bahamas event, I was considering going until the Marlins went on yet another slide and then I was like eh... I'll probably have a million chances to meet them next year. Plus I'm sick of Sun Life and driving two hours to be in the worst venue in sports isn't worth it. To be honest I think the whole fan think might be in part due to Sun Life, but I'm sure the fire sales help, not keeping players around. etc. Dreams of 2012.
  4. LoMo seemed fine at the Tommy Bahama event last weekend too. Also, I'm not going to scrutinize his comments too much. He obviously is going through a lot mentally right, and then is bombarded with questions moments after getting the news of being demoted. Only Helms could handle something with so much grace. And for what its worth, LoMo didn't trash the organization or anything. Hell he still wants to be a Marlin in the future. He just called it as he saw it at the time being - that there was more to the demotion than a .249 batting average. Which is really not too far-fetched. Everyone causes their own grief, if you open your mouth and ruffle the wrong feathers expect to get back lash. LoMo didn't trash the organization but there really isn't a need to send LoMo down skill wise considering there is no one else to man the outfield besides scrubs, or the people we brought in when the sky first started falling. As a writer, I would normally write an article about this but thats your job and everyone already knows about it. BTW, how was the Tommy Bahamas thing?
  5. Ramirez is a baby, hate me all you want, but the truth always hurts. LoMo dishes the truth, you probably all hate him too, Juan C. Rodriguez probably doesn't like him either. My interest in baseball and more so the Marlins lessens every day. Meet the Miami Marlins "That sh*tty team with no cohesion on or off the field, they practically hate each other." or "Where superstars go to die."
  6. I like LoMo but I will say he is very sketchy on his twitter site and often hits on younger girls, and sometimes is probably too sarcastic for his own good, and he makes it known. Won't miss Helms, this move should have been done a while ago. This team is a f***ing mess. Edit: Interested knowing what led to the Helms release and LoMo demotion... I wonder what happened. If it was in fact off the field stuff.
  7. Didn't see any of the game, I was busy celebrating a Josh Portis entrance as a future star for the Seahawks at QB! But seriously I was at Crazy, Stupid, Love with friends probably 2nd best movie I have seen this summer to Horrible Bosses. Glad the Marlins won, 2 runs wow beasting it offense. Nolasco had to be great to get the win. Neither of these teams have had much offense in August. Good for Petersen 3-3.
  8. 2nd worst home record in baseball at 23-36. No point in going to home games.
  9. "People love to hate good people?" Are we still talking about the same Tim Tebow who everyone in the media spent 3 years elevating to the level where Thom Brennanem couldn't stop talking about how spending 5 minutes with him made him a better person? If he sucks as a QB and people criticize him, it won't be because he's a Christian. Ryan Leaf wasn't an evangelical, was he? (also, it's kind of ridiculous to try to portray Christians as marginalized in our society. Come on.) I don't understand half of what you just said... Nothing has been proven if anything he has proven he is a capable QB when he has been given a chance. He's a backup, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He has more than proven himself in college and he proved himself last year as well when given a starting opportunity Haters can continue to hate, thats what drives him. What don't you are understand about what I said? Whatever criticism he gets is because he's not proven to be a good NFL player. In fact, even when criticizing him, people go out of there way to make sure they mention what a good guy he is and how hard he works. The criticism of him is 100% based on his skills as a player and nothing to do with him as a person. The post you quoted originally doesn't criticize him for his faith, it criticizes the way his faith gets him placed on a pedestal. What he has proven is that most of the criticism of him as a pro prospect, specifically regarding his accuracy, has proven true. Maybe he will improve. If not, he will be criticized. But he's not criticized because he's "a good person." You're insane if you believe that his religion is why he's currently facing a lot of criticism. If anything, I'd say people like you and people in the media give him the benefit of the doubt because of it. Right but he has not also been proven to be a bad NFL QB overall his stats are: 50% Completion percentage an 82.1 QB Rating 5 TD's and 3 INT'S and over 600 yards as a starter in only 3 starts including a 300 yard game. That's probably slightly above average if you consider his yards obtained, obviously the completion percentage will need to be improved. They made him change his throwing motion, who's to know if that ruins him or helps him in the long run. Thats what bothers me about the whole negative talk about him, and sure I give him more of the benefit of the doubt I'm a Gator fan as well as a Christian, but can we please just wait and see once he gets more starts. I'm still not convinced he's the backup because he's terrible; Orton has more playing time and is already a proven QB.
  10. Stantons bat went into the 58th row.
  11. And not to mention the part about him being a Gator that makes him '100,000,000x more important'. Oh bean fest. It was sarcasm... and besides... Btw: I almost liked your post, until I remembered you were an underage drinker, I do not support that kind of conduct. ^ I don't know if this is sarcasm or not I will let you decide.
  12. People on both sides of the Tebow debate would do well to remember that he's just a football player. His successes and failures don't represent anything larger about the human condition, or anything. Hes just another questionable quarterback prospect. If he makes it, it'll be through hard work, just like every single quarterback in the NFL; he's not working any harder than most in his position. In the NFL, slacking is the exception. If he fails, well, then he's not one of the top .01% of people at his position in the world. It doesn't represent anything. I don't dislike Tim Tebow; he works hard, tries to be a nice guy, and seems genuine, if more than a bit dim. I dislike the IDEA of Tim Tebow and what he has come to represent about our sports culture. I wish he could throw for 30 TDs and not have his religion thrown in my face. I wish he could never start another game in the NFL and not have to hear bitter FSU and UM fans gloat, or have people try to make him out as a martyr. He's a football player. Before a football player, he's a Christian or a man of God, I put money on the fact he would tell you that as well. I still don't understand what your getting at... whats wrong with him representing our sports culture? So he should in other words hide what he believes in? Why? The fact that he can wear his faith on his sleeve is more than we could say about a lot of people in the NFL, his worries aren't on what the normal culture's are on. He isn't arrogant about his faith and he has never bragged about it, he just makes sure to mention it because he is a witness for Christ. People are going to watch what he does and say why do I want to be like you, that's why he is the way he is. It's like anything people don't like others who swim against what's commonly known because it's easy to just agree with everyone and do everything the same. He actually lives for something more than just life on Earth.
  13. "People love to hate good people?" Are we still talking about the same Tim Tebow who everyone in the media spent 3 years elevating to the level where Thom Brennanem couldn't stop talking about how spending 5 minutes with him made him a better person? If he sucks as a QB and people criticize him, it won't be because he's a Christian. Ryan Leaf wasn't an evangelical, was he? (also, it's kind of ridiculous to try to portray Christians as marginalized in our society. Come on.) I don't understand half of what you just said... Nothing has been proven if anything he has proven he is a capable QB when he has been given a chance. He's a backup, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He has more than proven himself in college and he proved himself last year as well when given a starting opportunity Haters can continue to hate, thats what drives him.
  14. 8:20 start time ....better win...wasting my time... Inside the Marlins had some interesting pieces on the Marlins 2011 draft pics. It was nice to see something new. Josh Adams and some married guy from BYU.
  15. Damn, I wanted to play!
  16. Sanabia sighting ftw!
  17. So, are we now going to trade our slumping (GIDP master) All-star for pitching prospects? Would you be mad if we did? UMAD? Since were out of playoff contention and we won't win another game at home I like this move LoMo needs some time off from left field it can get tough out there. Anyway per usual... :gofisht < home avatar?
  18. The Marlin of the year is Mike Stanton. He's the best player on the team. It's obvious. No he's not, see when you make ignorant statements like this, I question if you sometimes just go off of emotion when you make statements. I don't need mystikol's input to know Dobbs has been more "consistent" this year at the plate. I know Stanton is a blooming superstar, with a .261 average but I don't show bias to my favorite players because I'm frustrated I just call it like it is. I like Stanton I just don't agree with you. BTW, the "real" best player on this team is still on the DL. But I mean, were all allowed to have opinions, you can keep yours, I'll keep mine.
  19. The Marlin of the year is Mike Stanton. He's the best player on the team. It's obvious. Marlin of the year is Dobbs or Bonifacio, there hasn't really been a best player this year though when all is said and done Dobbs has been most consistent as well as the most clutch I think thats a no-brainer. Stanton has been good but he's not the Marlin of the year a .261 average isn't Marlin of the year, I don't care what kind of power he has. Marlins of the year don't strike out with the bases loaded in the 9th either. (Yes I was there) Re: Clutch: Runners in scoring position: Greg Dobbs - .748 OPS, 27 RBI/85 PA ~ .32 RBI/PA with RISP. Mike Stanton - .789 OPS, 42 RBI/127 PA ~ .33 RBI/PA with RISP. Late and Close: Greg Dobbs - .734 OPS, 12 RBI/64 PA ~ .19 RBI/PA Late and Close. Mike Stanton - .885 OPS, 18 RBI/76 PA ~ .24 RBI/PA Late and Close. In the two most "clutch" situations, Stanton has a higher OPS and is getting RBI at a higher rate than Dobbs. And he's a much better fielder. Heck, he's faster, too, I love how you only use "some" stats to back up your claims, I don't only use stats I use my eyes. If baseball was played on paper (which I know you wish it was, it would be boring as hell.) Concerning Close and Late: Dobbs is batting .322 Stanton is batting .224 Not even close, I'll take batting average AND OBP over SLG any day of the week. Yea Stanton is going to have more RBI's but that's probably due to the fact that he starts everyday and has more power. Besides that it doesn't change the fact that Dobbs has been more "consistent" and has stepped up more in clutch situations this year. Not saying Stanton hasn't had clutch moments just not as many as Dobbs, not this year at least.
  20. I don't think the other member has either to be honest. Are you claiming to know both the "true" and "false" identities of Jalenasmustache? :shifty
  21. The Marlin of the year is Mike Stanton. He's the best player on the team. It's obvious. Marlin of the year is Dobbs or Bonifacio, there hasn't really been a best player this year though when all is said and done Dobbs has been most consistent as well as the most clutch I think thats a no-brainer. Stanton has been good but he's not the Marlin of the year a .261 average isn't Marlin of the year, I don't care what kind of power he has. Marlins of the year don't strike out with the bases loaded in the 9th either. (Yes I was there)
  22. What pieces? I'm not a GM but we need more everyday starters at positions i.e. 3B, CF, 2B. That being said pitching has obviously been the biggest downfall this year, team would be completely different with competent pitching at the helm. (NOT HAND) and although I liked the option to start Hensley him only going 5 innings almost every start isn't something to smile about with probably a little better than average bullpen finishing games behind him, not to mention Hand compounding the problem. In the end starting pitching is what wins and loses ball games, we will be lucky to hit 80-82's record of last season. This F.O. isn't very good. I won't stop being a fan, it just gets annoying sometimes but some of that has to do with payroll too. Helms doesn't need to come back as a player if he does, something is wrong with this organization. (No Joke) Everyone wants to manage the Marlins but no one wants to play for them. I guess it's easier said than done.
  23. Hand sucks... So for those who said he was good his last start please STFU, he doesn't belong in the majors. Gaby Sanchez is now the DP King. Uggla 29 game hit streak and he's rolling, so much for him dropping off.
  24. I'm not going to watch, I hope the Marlins win but I think they owe me better viewing if I'm going to watch, this is just sh*t day after day. Hand sucks and shouldn't be pitching in the majors, period.
  25. So if Bonifacio doesn't try to steal and Gaby doesn't suck we score at least 1. Sometimes I think this team lacks intelligence, of course who was to know Amezaga would get on base. It's just frustrating because it's at home I think I'm more frustrated now than I was in June.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.