2011 NFL Offseason Thread

dim

Jeremy Shockey passed a physical today for Miami. He would be a nice one year stop gap at tight end while we groom another player. That's if we sign him, though.

That, however, is not the biggest new for Miami today. Today Miami used the franchise tag on Paul Soliai, which comes out to 12 million dollars, I believe.

Jeremy Shockey passed a physical today for Miami. He would be a nice one year stop gap at tight end while we groom another player. That's if we sign him, though.

That, however, is not the biggest new for Miami today. Today Miami used the franchise tag on Paul Soliai, which comes out to 12 million dollars, I believe.

I guess that means we couldn't agree to a contract.

I hate spending that much money on a NT who isn't really THAT good, but nobody else as a free agent of this team was going to get a franchise tag, so if Ross wants to spend the money, all power to him.

Also, Shockey isn't a horrible player now. Might be a little old, but wouldn't be the worst thing to sign him for a 1 year deal.

I guess that means we couldn't agree to a contract.

I hate spending that much money on a NT who isn't really THAT good, but nobody else as a free agent of this team was going to get a franchise tag, so if Ross wants to spend the money, all power to him.

Also, Shockey isn't a horrible player now. Might be a little old, but wouldn't be the worst thing to sign him for a 1 year deal.

I don't think it means that. Ireland and Soliai are just waiting for the CBA situation to settle down. Once that happens, they'll agree on a contract if it's reasonable. I think we just tagged him because you just don't let a talented Nose tackle who was the anchor of a top 10 defense walk. He may not be that good now, but he could be.

Also, you can thank Albert Haynesworth for that ridiculous number.

As for Shockey, I agree. Let him play for us on a one year contract while we groom another Tight End.

Tommie Harris released from Bears.. man, talk about a guy taking a giant turd after getting paid. What a disappointment he was.

Ricky Stanzi getting some love pre-combine... Kiper has him maybe sliding in to the 2nd rd. Wouldn't surprise me to see him land with KC in the 3rd. Not sure how his combine results though.. leadership is definitely a strong point for him.

edit - Guess he really struggled w/accuracy at the combine but apparently the analysts on the broadcast thought highly of him.. writers did not think highly. Has had mixed reviews all year long. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Could go low 2nd all the way to the 5th or 6th. Will definitely miss mr america

Surprised by the Damien Woody cut. He was a solid RT.

They have a lot of guys to resign, so they have to gamble that Ducasse, last year's 2nd-rounder, can replace him. You gotta take a chance sometimes, and I guess they figured this was a good spot. He's still a quality OL when healthy, though, for sure.

Mcelroy scored a 48 on his wonderlic test.

Smart dude. I gotta get my hands on one of those.

Surprised by the Damien Woody cut. He was a solid RT.

The NFL Union might decertify on Thursday. Good or bad?

If they decertify correctly, they can file an injunction against the NFL saying that the 32 teams are colluding against the players and force games to go on. We'll see what happens between now and the end of the week. I just want games to go on next year.

LT is expected to return to the Jets. If I was him, I wouldn't retire until I pass Sanders on the all time rushing list, pass Smith for the most rushing TDs ever, and pass Smith for second place on the all time TD list.

Thats just greedy......

Do explain...?

Ach just a poor attempt at humour

Do the Dolphins want Carson Palmer? He wants out of Cincinnati. He would defiantly be an upgrade over what we have now. How much of an upgrade is the question. Its kind of hard to judge him having played on that team. They've only had one good season. during his career. Getting him and Ingram would be a damn good off season.

Also what about Clinton Portis? If Rick and Ronny are on their way out, he would be a pretty good replacement.

And do we want Jason Taylor back(again)?

Do the Dolphins want Carson Palmer? He wants out of Cincinnati. He would defiantly be an upgrade over what we have now. How much of an upgrade is the question. Its kind of hard to judge him having played on that team. They've only had one good season during his career. Getting him and Ingram would be a damn good off season.

Also what about Clinton Portis? If Rick and Ronny are on their way out, he would be a pretty good replacement.

Do the Dolphins want Carson Palmer? He wants out of Cincinnati. He would defiantly be an upgrade over what we have now. How much of an upgrade is the question. Its kind of hard to judge him having played on that team. They've only had one good season. during his career. Getting him and Ingram would be a damn good off season.

Wow. Lots of washed up players in that post.