2011 NFL Offseason Thread

dim

Quinn was only drafted because he went to ND. Had he played anywhere else, he's not even in the NFL right now. ND is so overhyped and overrated its disgusting.

That's silly.

86 TDs to 24 INTs and +63% combined completion percentage his final two seasons playing the consistently difficult schedule Notre Dame plays is very good. He was a very good college QB who would have been drafted with those numbers and his pedigree anywhere he went.

The running game is definitely a concern.

However, I'm extremely pleased with Daboll's passing offense so far; a lot of quick decisions, short passes, and giving Henne the freedom to change the play at the line. The offense was so rigid last year, I think it hindered him.

They're not going to be the Patriots or Colts, but those teams have shown if you can be efficient in the short passing game, you can get away without a running game. With guys like Fasano, Bess, Marshall, and Bush, you've got very good options for the short passing game, which can help with the running game suffering. I just hope they don't force the running game and play action if it's not working.

The issue with the line is that it's not being mixed properly. Vernon Carey is simply better at RT. He hasn't played guard since his Miami days, and he was pretty good at RT. Although Pouncey was drafted as a center, I watched him play at UF all four seasons and he definitely was better at guard. I'm not just saying that because he messed up some snaps, he actually seemed to block better at guard (probably due to familiarity being next to his brother). Lyoda Murtha looking like sh*t doesn't help, but I don't care about him right now since he'll be used as a backup.

If the line was

LT: Long. LG: Pouncey (played RG mostly at UF, but also played quite a bit of LG too) C: Incognito (really good at center to end last season). RG: Jerry (seriously, our lack of depth at the guard position is sickening). RT: Carey

I'm not saying that offensive line would be dominant, because John Jerry really isn't that good, and Pouncey hasn't played the left guard position in some time. However, it's probably better than running out Colombo at RT. Gardner's probably a better option than Colombo. If there was one major hole on this offense that's been exposed, it's that lack of a guard.

There is no way Carey can play RT now. He's done at that position, Imo. Honestly, I think he's done period. The injuries seem to have gotten to him.

I would like to move Pouncey to LG as well but I don't think that's there plan.

There's a rumor Andre Gurode could be on his way out. I would love to bring him in. Or maybe sign Brian Waters and move Incognito to RG. Point is, just do something.