Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

It's hopeful.

 

Given the offenses limitations plus our upcoming schedule plus the division we play in, it's way more likely we lose more games than we win than the other way around.

Fine, think Suck for Luck and enjoy the season while I think F*ck Luck and watch the 2011 Miami Dolphins.

Relax. Nothing I said was with certainty.

 

On paper we're a 6-9 win team. Nobody here said that a team performs in a season how they look on paper in the pre-season.

 

That goes for every sport. Just take a look at the Marlins this year.

Thinking that a team with a top 10 defense is going to lose 13 games is not delusional?

 

 

A few years ago (2006 I believe) the Raiders had one of the best defenses in the NFL, but finished 2-14.

 

If you can't score points in this league, you are screwed. Only Cleveland and Carolina scored less points than the Dolphins last year. I don't see that they added a ton of pieces to that side of the team, which is why many fans are not optimistic about the season.

I don't see that they added a ton of pieces to that side of the team, which is why many fans are not optimistic about the season.

 

 

And yet they won 7 games last year.

 

And they were 28th in the league in points scored, but were slightly better in yards gained, which means that their overall offense wasn't as bad as their scoring offense would indicate. A few extra possessions where they score a TD instead of a FG and they look better.

 

Not saying it's guaranteed, but I think it's really silly to think this team is totally hopeless.

Tebow = Super Bowl

Thinking that a team with a top 10 defense is going to lose 13 games is not delusional?

 

 

A few years ago (2006 I believe) the Raiders had one of the best defenses in the NFL, but finished 2-14.

 

If you can't score points in this league, you are screwed. Only Cleveland and Carolina scored less points than the Dolphins last year. I don't see that they added a ton of pieces to that side of the team, which is why many fans are not optimistic about the season.

 

Bingo. And even with crediting the fact that we have a great WR set (including Reggie Bush), we've got nobody to throw to them so they're effectively being highly undervalued.

 

Two things are resting on the Dolphins having any success at all... that's a QB and a RB game. Your two biggest, most important pieces in an offense. If Matt Moore (or Chad Henne for that matter) come out firing and shock us all, and Daniel Thomas has a phenomenal rookie season, we'd maaaaybe be in the running for a WC spot.

 

But even asking for that much is so much to ask for considering both of the QBs I mentioned really do suck, and Daniel Thomas is a 2nd round draft pick rookie RB.

I still don't understand what happened with Bradshaw. I think his signing would have given us a good enough offense to make a playoff push.

They are not a playoff team.

 

 

oh.

 

I think the point being made is that Dim and Dr. Beinfest are hoping to suck for Luck because consistent mediocrity sucks.

 

While both might be delusional, there's a better chance that they finish with a great draft pick in comparison to the playoff berth. So they root for the great draft pick because they feel it is more realistic.

Seahawks! 1-0 baby!

 

Oh it's preseason!... still 1-0!

 

Josh Portis the future!

 

 

Did you live in Seattle before or something?

OMG Scrubchez said he wanted to fight Rex?!?

 

Yay for more unnecessary Jets media coverage.

 

I for one just cannot get enough.

 

It's not even that fun for a Jets fan, at least not this particular story which is boring and stupid. But I guess it's been than hearing the media praise the Patriots for 85, Fat Albert, and Mallett a little more.

OMG Scrubchez said he wanted to fight Rex?!?

 

Yay for more unnecessary Jets media coverage.

 

I for one just cannot get enough.

 

It's not even that fun for a Jets fan, at least not this particular story which is boring and stupid. But I guess it's been than hearing the media praise the Patriots for 85, Fat Albert, and Mallett a little more.

 

This...they can sign Santa Claus to play NT and everyone will say "How did they do that?!?!".

OMG Scrubchez said he wanted to fight Rex?!?

 

Yay for more unnecessary Jets media coverage.

 

I for one just cannot get enough.

 

It's not even that fun for a Jets fan, at least not this particular story which is boring and stupid. But I guess it's been than hearing the media praise the Patriots for 85, Fat Albert, and Mallett a little more.

 

This...they can sign Santa Claus to play NT and everyone will say "How did they do that?!?!".

Yep.

By the way, I meant "better than," not "been than."

And lol @ Scrubchez

That Pats/Bucs game was weird. Why was Brady out there in the 4th quarter?

 

 

Did he go back in? I turned it off at the half.

 

BTW they Pats started had their way with Tampa. I know its preseason, but they were dam impressive.

That Pats/Bucs game was weird. Why was Brady out there in the 4th quarter?

 

 

Did he go back in? I turned it off at the half.

 

BTW they Pats started had their way with Tampa. I know its preseason, but they were dam impressive.

 

Yup. He was in there in the 4th quarter.

Two things I've noticed that surprised me. One, Reggie Bush's running style. He's actually running in between the tackles, taking hits, bouncing off tacklers. It's impressive. Number two, Henne's mobility. He's out running defenders now.

  • Author

Reggie Bush is gonna be pretty good this year. I said that when we signed him. He was never really utilized well in New Orleans (although the injuries had a lot to do with it).

 

Can't read too much into this game. It's against arguably the worst team in the NFL. Not a good defense, not a good offense. Our first team isn't as bad as it was against Atlanta, and it isn't as good as it looked against Carolina. I wanna see what they can do against Tampa next week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.