Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

Dolphins are going to have another Top 5 Defense this year if Clemmons or Jones can pick up the slack as FS's. The offense is meh at best though. Hopefully the new offensive coordinator can make Henne look good with his playbook and Bush can mesh into a non Sean Payton offense. I still say we go 8-8 with the team we have right now.

 

 

Not to nitpick, but in order to have "another top 5 defense" they would have had to have one last year. They were 14th in points allowed and 6th in yards allowed.

 

The defense is better than average, but not in the same class as Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

You may be over valuing Reggie Bush.

 

Over the last two years he has averaged 5.4 yards per punt return. A 5.4 average is good for 27th best in the NFL. He hasn't had a punt return TD since 2008.

 

He should help them catching passes out of the backfield. However, his career average of 7.3 yards per catch is the same number that Ronnie Brown averaged per catch coming out of the backfield last season. Reggie Bush's yards per catch number has decline from a high of 8.4 in 2006 down to 6.1 in 2010.

 

 

Granted the offseason isn't over so there could be more moves on the way. I just don't know how confident I would feel about a rookie RB and Reggie Bush in the backfield. With that said, all the top backs were once rookies, so Thomas could be the real deal.

Various sources have said that Braylon Edwards will not be back with the Jets.

 

I will miss him as he was one of my favorite players.

 

Jets are looking at Randy Moss, Malcom Floyd and James Jones.

 

I want no part of Randy Moss. He is washed up. Malcom Floyd would be great considering he averaged over 19 yards a catch and is 6'5''.

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

You may be over valuing Reggie Bush.

 

Over the last two years he has averaged 5.4 yards per punt return. A 5.4 average is good for 27th best in the NFL. He hasn't had a punt return TD since 2008.

 

He should help them catching passes out of the backfield. However, his career average of 7.3 yards per catch is the same number that Ronnie Brown averaged per catch coming out of the backfield last season. Reggie Bush's yards per catch number has decline from a high of 8.4 in 2006 down to 6.1 in 2010.

 

 

Granted the offseason isn't over so there could be more moves on the way. I just don't know how confident I would feel about a rookie RB and Reggie Bush in the backfield. With that said, all the top backs were once rookies, so Thomas could be the real deal.

 

Maybe you don't know how bad our ST was last season.

 

Not fair to speak over the past two years though, since he saw limited action in the role last season and had a very poor season the year before. Let us not forget 2008.

 

Also, we're not talking about averages when it comes to receptions. That was not and is not the point. Reggie Bush is a better receiver. He can catch better. He can and does catch more.In fact, Reggie Bush has always caught more yards per game than he has rushing. 35.1 Y/G on Reggie, 19.6 Y/G on Ronnie. Relatively large gap.

 

Now I know Reggie is pretty useless as an actual running back though, so hopefully we solve that issue by getting a fully devoted back for rushing. Ronnie Brown was god awful last year, though.

Various sources have said that Braylon Edwards will not be back with the Jets.

 

I will miss him as he was one of my favorite players.

 

Jets are looking at Randy Moss, Malcom Floyd and James Jones.

 

I want no part of Randy Moss. He is washed up. Malcom Floyd would be great considering he averaged over 19 yards a catch and is 6'5''.

 

 

Edwards is very over rated, imo. I would be upset if Miami brought him in.

 

Also, James Jones is rumored to NY. Another over rated receiver, imo. Malcolm Floyd would be a great sign for you guys, however.

Various sources have said that Braylon Edwards will not be back with the Jets.

 

I will miss him as he was one of my favorite players.

 

Jets are looking at Randy Moss, Malcom Floyd and James Jones.

 

I want no part of Randy Moss. He is washed up. Malcom Floyd would be great considering he averaged over 19 yards a catch and is 6'5''.

 

 

Edwards is very over rated, imo. I would be upset if Miami brought him in.

 

Also, James Jones is rumored to NY. Another over rated receiver, imo. Malcolm Floyd would be a great sign for you guys, however.

 

I love Braylon Edwards.

 

However, I wonder if the NFL will suspend him after his guilty plea least week?

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

You know that the Patriots are going to be able to get the best out of both Ochocinco and Haynesworth

Moss and Thomas are horrible examples. Moss set records with Brady. Thomas was very good in the beginning of his career with NE.

 

They've taken talent with attitude like Dillon and Moss and made them shut up and play. They can do the same with Chad and Albert.

And what's the best of Chad at this point of his career? He's an average receiver at best. If this was 2006 then I would be worried.

 

 

I think he is still a pretty good receiver, not great. He hasn't been great since 2007. His number will probably be down again this year because the patriots have a variety of weapons to throw the ball to.

Randy Moss says hello.

 

 

So do Tory Holt, Adelious Thomas and Marcus Stroud

 

Not sure if srs...

 

But the real thing with Ochocinco is that he's not a problem on or off the field. He's very talented, and he's not a cancer in the locker room like he is so portrayed. He's actually a great guy. He's a bit washed up, but he's still got stuff left in him.

 

I just don't think the Patriots really need anybody... especially a guy who WANTS the ball. Irrelevant, because that's not how the Patriots system works.

Eagles trade Brunkley to the Browns for a 5th round pick. They have 12 picks in next years draft, I think.

Pretty big news about Brandon Marshall. According to Omar Kelly, Marshall is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

What do you mean 'even with Bush'?

 

Bush is definitely not our featured RB. He's arguably one of the top complimenting RBs and a versatile tool on the field but he is most definitely not a #1 RB.

 

We almost indefinitely need to pick up another RB unless you have full faith in Daniel Thomas out the doors... which I do not.

I mean even though we traded for him and will give him 5 million dollars this year, I would still love to add Ahmad Bradshaw for potentially 8+ million a year.

I mean even though we traded for him and will give him 5 million dollars this year, I would still love to add Ahmad Bradshaw for potentially 8+ million a year.

 

 

It seems like the Redskins might get Bradshaw. I'm not sure why they dont spend money on a QB. John Beck is not a good qb.

 

As for Plaxico, I think he is a downgrade over Braylon Edwards. But if it allows them to resign Cromartie I'm ok with it. Reports say that Edwards wants $9 million a year. The only upside to this move is that it allows Holmes to be the clear #1, which I think will greatly increase his stats.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.