2011 NFL Offseason Thread

dim

I haven't really been following the NFL very much since the Super Bowl. Can anyone get me up to speed on some of the big-name FAs and trade candidates? Please and thanks

I havn't gone through all the teams free agents, got a couple more teams to go. The amount of impact players on the market is amazing and who knows which players get released and improve it even more.

Some good free agents that not alot of people are talking about.

S Michael Huff, Raiders

DE Jason Babin, Titans

TE Zach Miller, Raiders

LB Takeo Spikes, 49ers

WR Steve Breaston, Cardnials

CB Richard Marshall, Panthers

S Roman Harper, Saints

S Quintin Mikell, Eagles

LB Kevin Burnett, Chargers

That's just the tip of the iceberg and doesn't even include top tier guys like Asomugha, Sidney Rice, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Eric Weddle, DeAngelo Williams.

This is gonna be crazy.

Appears the Dolphins are going hard after Kyle Orton. Probably will cost them a 3rd rounder but as along as they can sign him to a cheaper long-term contract I wouldn't mind at all.

Would give us the second best QB in the division and someone who knows how to get Marshall the ball in the Redzone.

More Jets news. Their making some headlines. Damien Woody retires, Jets extend offer to Holmes, Sanchez is willing to restructure his contract.

If I'm the Jets, I let Cromartie and Edwards walk. Attempt to sign Nnamdi, but if you can't resign Harris.

Harris was franchised back in February, so they'll have him for at least one more year.

I believe they are planning to let Cromartie walk regardless of what happens with Nnamdi. If Mark Sanchez restructures his contract, like has said he would (currently counts $17 million in 2011), that would free up a lot of money. I think Brad Smith is gone as well.

If they can snag Holmes and Nnadmi, that would be quite an offseason. They would even be able to keep Edwards if he wanted a reasonable deal. With him pleading guilty to the DUI this week and the uncertainty surrounding him, I cant see teams throwing millions his way.

Either way, we should have answers by Friday because teams want to get these players into camp as soon as possible.

More Jets news. Their making some headlines. Damien Woody retires, Jets extend offer to Holmes, Sanchez is willing to restructure his contract.

If I'm the Jets, I let Cromartie and Edwards walk. Attempt to sign Nnamdi, but if you can't resign Harris.

Harris was franchised back in February, so they'll have him for at least one more year.

I believe they are planning to let Cromartie walk regardless of what happens with Nnamdi. If Mark Sanchez restructures his contract, like has said he would (currently counts $17 million in 2011), that would free up a lot of money. I think Brad Smith is gone as well.

If they can snag Holmes and Nnadmi, that would be quite an offseason. They would even be able to keep Edwards if he wanted a reasonable deal. With him pleading guilty to the DUI this week and the uncertainty surrounding him, I cant see teams throwing millions his way.

Either way, we should have answers by Friday because teams want to get these players into camp as soon as possible.

Wow!