Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

NFL Lockout basically over. Re-sign your own FA's today, sign UFA tomorrow, trade talks today, and trades aren't official until Saturday.

 

NFL is back!

Nice, I can get into football mode now.

 

 

FTR, I want no part of Vince Young.

 

 

I'm with you.

 

Young is not a playoff caliber QB. People need to get off the NCAA Championship.

I haven't really been following the NFL very much since the Super Bowl. Can anyone get me up to speed on some of the big-name FAs and trade candidates? Please and thanks

I can finally post in this thread again! I just looked at the schedule for the second time since April.

 

These next two weeks are going to be awesome.

 

I dont think the dolphins should go after Vince Young either. He just isn't a good QB.

I haven't really been following the NFL very much since the Super Bowl. Can anyone get me up to speed on some of the big-name FAs and trade candidates? Please and thanks

 

 

I havn't gone through all the teams free agents, got a couple more teams to go. The amount of impact players on the market is amazing and who knows which players get released and improve it even more.

 

Some good free agents that not alot of people are talking about.

 

S Michael Huff, Raiders

DE Jason Babin, Titans

TE Zach Miller, Raiders

LB Takeo Spikes, 49ers

WR Steve Breaston, Cardnials

CB Richard Marshall, Panthers

S Roman Harper, Saints

S Quintin Mikell, Eagles

LB Kevin Burnett, Chargers

 

That's just the tip of the iceberg and doesn't even include top tier guys like Asomugha, Sidney Rice, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Eric Weddle, DeAngelo Williams.

 

This is gonna be crazy.

Looking forward to the crazy free agency period over the weekend

 

 

The Bucs are 56 mil under the cap. They should be busy.

 

Hopefully! Though not sure what positions we need to upgrade. Last I checked we had some awesome young players at many of the major positions.

Appears the Dolphins are going hard after Kyle Orton. Probably will cost them a 3rd rounder but as along as they can sign him to a cheaper long-term contract I wouldn't mind at all.

 

Would give us the second best QB in the division and someone who knows how to get Marshall the ball in the Redzone.

I would trade a third for Orton. You have to restructure his contract, though.

 

I really doubt Nnamdi goes to NY. I see him going to Philadelphia or Houston.

 

Also, Herzlich signed with the Giants, not the Ravens.

More Jets news. Their making some headlines. Damien Woody retires, Jets extend offer to Holmes, Sanchez is willing to restructure his contract.

 

If I'm the Jets, I let Cromartie and Edwards walk. Attempt to sign Nnamdi, but if you can't resign Harris.

More Jets news. Their making some headlines. Damien Woody retires, Jets extend offer to Holmes, Sanchez is willing to restructure his contract.

 

If I'm the Jets, I let Cromartie and Edwards walk. Attempt to sign Nnamdi, but if you can't resign Harris.

 

 

Harris was franchised back in February, so they'll have him for at least one more year.

 

I believe they are planning to let Cromartie walk regardless of what happens with Nnamdi. If Mark Sanchez restructures his contract, like has said he would (currently counts $17 million in 2011), that would free up a lot of money. I think Brad Smith is gone as well.

 

If they can snag Holmes and Nnadmi, that would be quite an offseason. They would even be able to keep Edwards if he wanted a reasonable deal. With him pleading guilty to the DUI this week and the uncertainty surrounding him, I cant see teams throwing millions his way.

 

Either way, we should have answers by Friday because teams want to get these players into camp as soon as possible.

More Jets news. Their making some headlines. Damien Woody retires, Jets extend offer to Holmes, Sanchez is willing to restructure his contract.

 

If I'm the Jets, I let Cromartie and Edwards walk. Attempt to sign Nnamdi, but if you can't resign Harris.

 

 

Harris was franchised back in February, so they'll have him for at least one more year.

 

I believe they are planning to let Cromartie walk regardless of what happens with Nnamdi. If Mark Sanchez restructures his contract, like has said he would (currently counts $17 million in 2011), that would free up a lot of money. I think Brad Smith is gone as well.

 

If they can snag Holmes and Nnadmi, that would be quite an offseason. They would even be able to keep Edwards if he wanted a reasonable deal. With him pleading guilty to the DUI this week and the uncertainty surrounding him, I cant see teams throwing millions his way.

 

Either way, we should have answers by Friday because teams want to get these players into camp as soon as possible.

 

Wow!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.