Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "just like last year."

 

I'm pretty sure I predicted the Dolphins record, correctly. They went 7-9, and I think I had them at 7-9. Or 8-8, not sure.

 

Football is a tough sport to predict because anything can happen, any given Sunday. However, considering the Dolphins offense, there's certainly a possibility that they finish bottom-5.

 

Chad Henne and Matt Moore are bad, and Reggie Bush is not an every-down RB. They drafted a RB but since I've never watched him play...I don't know. One thing that's noticeable about his scouting reports is that he fumbles a lot; that's not good.

 

The offense is really bad. It's a shame because if they had a better QB, they'd have a good passing game with Marshall, Bess, Bush, etc. It's a team that could create a lot of matchup problems for opponents, but that's tough to do with no running game/mediocrity at the QB position.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "just like last year."

 

I'm pretty sure I predicted the Dolphins record, correctly. They went 7-9, and I think I had them at 7-9. Or 8-8, not sure.

 

Football is a tough sport to predict because anything can happen, any given Sunday. However, considering the Dolphins offense, there's certainly a possibility that they finish bottom-5.

 

Chad Henne and Matt Moore are bad, and Reggie Bush is not an every-down RB. They drafted a RB but since I've never watched him play...I don't know. One thing that's noticeable about his scouting reports is that he fumbles a lot; that's not good.

 

The offense is really bad. It's a shame because if they had a better QB, they'd have a good passing game with Marshall, Bess, Bush, etc. It's a team that could create a lot of matchup problems for opponents, but that's tough to do with no running game/mediocrity at the QB position.

 

 

You misunderstood what I said.

 

Last year, we had a very good defense. We had a very bad offense. We finished 7-9, which is average.

 

This year, I expect a very good defense again, but a very bad offense. Again, average.

 

Obviously, there is a possibility that we can finish in the bottom 5. You can say that with a lot of teams. However, I don't expect it because I don't think we're that bad. The offense is, but the defense isn't.

 

I agree with you that we have weapons. Just a mess all around from Henne to Sparano. If the offense had the same coaching ability as the defense, maybe we could so something.

  • Author

This Dolphins team is worse than last year's team. Mix that with the Jets and Patriots getting better this offseason, and we're gonna suck.

This Dolphins team is worse than last year's team. Mix that with the Jets and Patriots getting better this offseason, and we're gonna suck.

 

 

Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far, really.

 

The only thing that has really changed is the running game; while the running game looks like it will suck, the running game sucked last year, anyway.

This Dolphins team is worse than last year's team. Mix that with the Jets and Patriots getting better this offseason, and we're gonna suck.

 

 

How can you say that? What changed so much that makes you think this years team is worse?

  • Author

Our running game will be led by a rookie out of Kansas State, and we're still going to be run by a QB who most believed would be turned into a backup by the time the season started.

 

That's how we got worse.

 

Oh, and I liked Channing Crowder. Boo the Dolphins for cutting him.

Our running game will be led by a rookie out of Kansas State, and we're still going to be run by a QB who most believed would be turned into a backup by the time the season started.

 

That's how we got worse.

 

Oh, and I liked Channing Crowder. Boo the Dolphins for cutting him.

 

 

They had 3.7 yards per rushing attempt last year. The only way the rushing offense could get significantly worse is if they had me running the ball, and that's only because I can't run anymore.

 

It's not as if they had a strength become a weakness.

 

Chad Henne might suck, but it's the same Chad Henne they had last year; it's not as if they got worse from last year at the QB position, either.

 

I think they'll be worse because the schedule looks somewhat tougher this year, though.

Matt Moore? Why? The guy first played in the NFL 5 years ago (didnt make teams for 2 years) and had a crisp QB rating of 55 last year.

 

It would make more sense to bring in a guy who could compete for the starting job. Even though I dont think Vince Young is a good player, he is better than Matt Moore.

 

However, to be fair, we should wait a few days and see where everyone signs before we start making predictions.

How do the Eagles afford all this? I guess they've managed their cap well.

 

I hope this doesn't screw over the Jets. At least most of the Free Agents seem to have been waiting until Nnamdi decided before they signed.

 

Hopefully the Jets get one of the 2nd-tier CBs, and then maybe add some all of the following: safety, OLB, and maybe a #2/#3 wide receiver. Jeremy Kerley out of TCU will hopefully fill Brad Smith's roles respectably right away.

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

The Patriots probably didn't get better, but they went 13-3. They have Brady and Belicheck. That's all they need.

 

Really love this signing, btw. Ireland can build a defense.

Burnett was a great signing. Major upgrade over Crowder.

 

Starting linebackers of Wake, Burnett, Dansby, Misi.

 

Absolutely sick.

 

Too bad we have Henne or Moore leading the charge. Really?

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

The Patriots probably didn't get better, but they went 13-3. They have Brady and Belicheck. That's all they need.

 

Really love this signing, btw. Ireland can build a defense.

 

Oh I know... but the fortunate side of it is that they have to retire and/or die sooner or later. Chad Ochocinco is just a big name. They really don't need him.

The Dolphins definitely aren't a worse team than last year. By default Reggie Bush made em better because of Special Teams.

 

They're the same team. The Jets might be getting better... how are the Patriots getting better? Adding Chad Ochocinco? :lol Good luck with that.

 

 

The Patriots probably didn't get better, but they went 13-3. They have Brady and Belicheck. That's all they need.

 

Really love this signing, btw. Ireland can build a defense.

 

Oh I know... but the fortunate side of it is that they have to retire and/or die sooner or later. Chad Ochocinco is just a big name. They really don't need him.

 

 

And he's washed up.

 

But hey, the Pats signed him so it must be a genius move.

Dolphins are going to have another Top 5 Defense this year if Clemmons or Jones can pick up the slack as FS's. The offense is meh at best though. Hopefully the new offensive coordinator can make Henne look good with his playbook and Bush can mesh into a non Sean Payton offense. I still say we go 8-8 with the team we have right now.

I'm in favor of seeing what Jones can do at FS. He was a playmaker at Georgia, something the Dolphins havn't had at FS for awhile.

 

I read an article the other day that said Daboll is just a younger Henning. Meh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.