Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fishes on the Pond

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fishes on the Pond

  1. Miami Marlins ✔ @Marlins Since 2013, @ChristianYelich has the 2nd-most hits among active players vs Atlanta & ranks 4th in OBP and AVG (min. 100 AB).
  2. This year's offense has felt better but I thought I was imagining it. But this prove it to me. Glenn Geffner ✔ @GlennGeffner With 128 HR through 106 games, the #Marlins have already matched their 2016 FULL SEASON total and have topped their 2012-16 average of 120. Miami Marlins ✔ @Marlins We are the first NL club to have five hitters reach 100 hits this season (Dee, Marcell, Christian, Giancarlo, J.T.).
  3. Wonder what will do against the Braves this time.
  4. What is this? I'm at Duffy's eating dinner and the ribbon across the bottom says That Woody Johnson, owner of the Jets, has just been confirmed by the Senate as the ambassador to the United Kingdom. So only sports owners can be ambassadors now? Maybe my memory is poor but I've never heard of this many owners becoming ambassadors.
  5. Speaking of bad pitching, the Mets closer just walked in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth
  6. Well Loria is not going to be the ambassador to France although Trump kept it in the "family". Former Dodgers' owner, Jamie McCourt has been nominated. She was originally as ambassador to Belgium. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jamie-mccourt-to-be-nominated-as-ambassador-to-france/ar-AApmURP
  7. Who would have thought we would take 2 out of 3 from the Nats. Well we did. We'll have to see how we do in DC against them, and we'll have to see how they do against other teams in the short term to see if it was a fluke, or a Nats funk. Either way, Stanton had an AWESOME catch! That word is used too often, but what else fits? Then there is Yeli who doesn't hit many of them with a projected 402' home run. We have Deeks giving us the 50% pizza deal. And a lot of great turns by Rojas and Gordon. What about that catch by Gordon coming down on 2nd base!! And who would have thought Worley could give us that kind of performance after the last time he pitched? There is a lot of talent there when they hit on all cylinders. Obviously with more depth, the players being what they should be and not how they are (Chen, the pen at times, etc.), without key injuries (Bour, Prado, etc.), with some more luck, this team may have been an over 500 team. A lot of ifs I know. Yet we do have a chance (however remote) to reach 500. And with everything going against like the sale hanging over the team and the players/fans still feeling Jose's death in the locker room/on the field, it's my opinion we are playing well. (Check back with me after a 4 game slump.) Yet the weird thing is we have done "well" against the Nats last year and this year. That is, done better against them then the rest of the NL East (which this year isn't saying much). BUT we can't do that against our nemesis, the Braves. What is it about the Braves? Cox isn't there, Chipper isn't there, Glavine isn't there nor Smoltz, and Andruw Jones took a hike. So how are they doing it even in a rebuilding period? Guess I'm posting 2 topics here so I'll add to the title.
  8. Yeli projected to be at 402'.
  9. WOW O WOW. PIZZA TIME!!! THANKS, DEEK!
  10. Worley's had two good innings. Hope it continues.
  11. The first run seemed awfully easy. But I have great concern on Worley :hmmm-min:
  12. Glenn Geffner ✔ @GlennGeffner A win over the Nats tonight would give the #Marlins 4 straight series wins for the 1st time since they won 5 in a row Aug 31-Sept 16, 2015.
  13. Some thing just doesn't smell right in this, does it?
  14. clarkspencer ✔ @clarkspencer Ziegler enters to "Twelve Days of Christmas" for losing a friendly basketball wager to some Indiana grads. Ziegler went to KU.
  15. Riddle is out with shoulder injury, right? Any surgery schedule or why rest of year?
  16. How's the game going? Been in a meeting so I haven't seen anything yet
  17. Usually when anyone mentions Loria there are a lot of booooooooosssss. And I certainly understand it. But there are two things he has done very well. At least I think so. --Jose's send off from the news until even now where he, Samson, and maybe others see that his family is taken care of. --Loyalty to former players/staff who are working in some capacity with the Marlins. Niner, Trader Jack, Tony Perez, Preston Wilson, and I'm believe there are others.
  18. It has been TOO quiet for TOO long. Hope that means something is happening. Not sure if that is bad or good :hmmm-min:
  19. Sad to hear Bour has leg issues. Was it an injury and that's why they took him out? Any word on it? And Stanton looks like he's hot again
  20. Joe Frisaro ✔ @JoeFrisaro As for controllable core players -- Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto, Straily, etc. -- they remain not available at this point. #Marlins Wouldn't Bour be in the group of "controllable" players? Everybody forgetting BOUR???? Riddle? Rojas?
  21. The Miggy trade was HORRENDOUS - even moreso in hind sight now considering some of the other names that were being mentioned in a possible trade for him - although I'd take Miller now lol (figures that we just didn't use him properly). Can anybody explain to me how it happens that we get a player via trade or signing, whatever, and while they are here they are minimal, but when they get to another team they are GREAT and make an impact? Like Miller, Anibal Sanchez, Maybin, Ross (although this one may be a fluke), Lowell, Ramirez (yes spotty), etc. I'm certain others can be named who may be a better representative of the comment then the list. I watch the game, I understand the playing of the game, but where do the Marlins make the mistake? And maybe all teams do it, but I don't watch other teams and I'm oblivious to it. So I don't know if this is truly Marlinese or happens all over. Please explain.
  22. Keeping Perry Hill!!!! That's certainly been an accomplished. Hiring of Barry Bonds. Enough said
  23. Wasn't that his choice? Or do you think he resigned before being fired?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.