Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something_Fishy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Something_Fishy

  1. If people hate on you, you're doing something right. For the record...I don't know how anybody at all could be worse than the Rays duo. Just horrific... Pirates, Mariners, Tigers, Orioles, Nationals and Braves are worse but he worst are the White Sox and Diamondbacks. It's tough for me to pick between the White Sox and Rays announcers. The Sox are just plain annoying while the Rays have the ultimate bore factor. For what it's worth, I try to play SunSports whenever I go to bed, that crew is great at knocking me out within 5 minutes.
  2. This week is gonna suck for Marlins news. All this trade talk and I'm sure what we'll end up with is roughly nothing. Such a familiar feeling it is. Every year I think it'll be different, too.
  3. If people hate on you, you're doing something right. For the record...I don't know how anybody at all could be worse than the Rays duo. Just horrific...
  4. @ Fishes on the pond. Murphy has plenty of experience at 3rd throughout his career but he's not going to put up solid numbers offensively to where he can be an everyday starter. He plays good defense and should be a great bench player for us but Morrison is the answer. LoMo is a line drive gap to gap hitter who can hit .300 and have an OBP of .380 and higher, he has some power probably no more then 15 HRs a year but he should get on base tons, score runs and hit plenty of doubles. These aren't fair expectations out of the gate, though. (I don't think you were saying that they are; I'm just clarifying). And LoMo isn't on pace for 15 HR in AAA, so you can't necessarily expect it in the bigs. Are you aware Gabby wasn't able to hit .300 and hit 16 HRs last year in Triple He is doing much better than that now. Yes i expect more homers out of Morrison That might be an outlier, I wouldn't figure Gaby's success to mirror what Morrison would do if promoted. It's just a bit unreasonable and unfair to the guy.
  5. Lol at Bobby Cox. All the hits we got in the inning were "stupid." Still sour over the fact your boyfriend got fired, Bobby? I noticed that also...what exactly are "stupid runs"? A veteren triple is pretty smart thing.
  6. I almost feel as this is a no-doubter: Helms made some nice defensive stops, initiated that big DP (in the 8th..?) and drove in 3 runs. He was huge today.
  7. Veras just gave Prado nightmares. 1 down.
  8. C'mon now, if the pitcher is hitting you that hard...well... At least that threat is over. Let's just hope for rain, this Braves team is kryptonite to the BP.
  9. It was according to plan, Volstad was obviously setting up the DP.
  10. Guys are getting good cuts off Jurrjens now....squeeze wasn't necessary imo Yeah, I know. It just would have been awesome to see Stanton pull a Pete Rose.
  11. Suicide Squeeze, make it happen Volstad. #27 will take care of the rest.
  12. Uncle Wes with the anti-Cantu triple!
  13. What's this? Good defense at 3rd? Why, I've never!
  14. He's really getting that first pitch strike today, that usually bodes well.
  15. Thank you on Fishes on the Pond! I've been a lurker for about 3 seasons now, and I figured I might as well make an account at this point. Now I can keep track of what topics I've seen between my phone and my computer. Now, let's see if Volstud can get some help today AND keep the runs off the board. This season it's felt like he's done one or the other, but not both.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.