Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something_Fishy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Something_Fishy

  1. No, it's just a poor start. He was great against the Cardinals. Doesn't help that he didn't travel early to Cincy. A little too much bashing in this thread for a guy who's been the team's savior/only consistent bright spot this year. it's the truth, JJ is the only one we've been able to count in this season.
  2. With the help of the media monster and his ridiculously low walk total, cliff lee is sitting far and ahead as anyone can be for the cy young. I didn't know much about Cahill, but I have to admit he has some awesome credentials.
  3. I'm with Dim on this one. To me, Bleacher Report Is the sports article version of wikipedia.
  4. Outside of the top of the 8th, I really enjoyed this game. I don't know how you can load the bases and then strike out the next three hitters. That's just bad situational hitting imo.
  5. Ctina picked a good game to go to! So, I'll admit i missed most of this one. Is hanley back to having his open stance indefinitely? It seems like it has brought him nothing but success so far.
  6. I'm loving Edwin's in your face honesty style, he's really grown on me.
  7. The new ballpark needs more fans. For my health, these attendance jokes need to stop.
  8. He's not the only cup grabber... Let's just say that for a long time me and friends of mine would play a game called "Cody Ball". Cody Ball? My buddies and I would decided we'd just take a shot everytime Cody tugged his cup. This game, Ross' Boss, became dangerous.
  9. I missed the game, but Hanley reverted back to his open stance? That's good news.
  10. If anything, a pitcher's "loss" should be a more telling stat. I know that the stat has it's pitfalls (like JJ's perfect game loss) but I feel it is a little better representation of a poor pitching performance. These can be nullified by a good offense, a good example is Ubaldo's game against us, but I'd have to say 7/10 times the pitcher who just didn't pitch well gets an L on their record. Wins on the other hand...those are a team stat.
  11. Darn you, I was going to take a shot at a game thread! Well, in that case, I hope you do the threads for at least the weekend.
  12. No I'm sorry about this, but lmao that was fantastic. :notworthy :notworthy
  13. I'll admit I missed the play when it was live, but the mlb.com site just posted the video and I'll admit I laughed. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I've heard Rich and Tommy rage like that. That was nuts.
  14. That's absolutely awful. I think that's a fireable offense to be perfectly and calmly honest. To deny a certainty like that, just unprofessional and offensive.
  15. Bob Davidson after the game - "I'm very confident i got it right. I understand that's the winning run but in my opinion it was foul" How about he watches a replay? How confident? 99.9%? 95%?
  16. I wish Gainesville had MLB Network... Any Gainesvillians have a solution? I'm in Gainesville with MLB Network. You can get it with Cox. Boo. I have Pavlov. And for the record. Cox internet =/=awesome. I guess the package I had last year with Cox didn't include MLB Network, it's the only baseball channel worth watching.
  17. I wish Gainesville had MLB Network... Any Gainesvillians have a solution?
  18. At least Rich and Tommy are getting a lot of attention... trying to stay positive... What's going on with them? Are they being chastised by the four letter "sports god"?
  19. And the worst thing about it all? Nobody's even gonna care. Things like these will never cease to happen until they expand instant replay. I bet ESPN will barely show it on TV because it's the Marlins, too. The Marlins got robbed and it's gonna get swept under the rug, too. I know it's true. ESPN thinks we're just a running joke of an organization. I'm sick of it, I'm really really sick of it.
  20. C'mon Hayes just hit 2HR's and drove in 7 in a FSL game, he's a pure hitter against guys who will never ever see the Major Leagues! Awesome offensive performance for Hayes in the minors last night with a double, 2 HR and 7 RBI Oh my lord, you two are the same person. Mischief!
  21. The only reason I might have some sort of attachment to jrs is that I went to my first baseball game there. I remember the feeling coming from the interior of the stadium to the stands and it was amazing. But beyond that I really just want to be in the new stadium already. Well as others mentioned, we did have the world series and playoffs and tons of history for the marlins there at Sun Life/Dolphin/Joe Robbie Stadium and you can't forget those moments. But I too will remember Joe Robbie Stadium for my first baseball game, when I saw the yankees and twins play in a spring training game in 1992; a year before the marlins. Oddly, besides everything else, I can remember leaving the stadium and hearing (for the first time) Abbott and Costello's Who's On First playing over the loudspeaker. I was probably 11 years old at the time. In any case, I had to find a copy of it and rent it from blockbuster -- it was hilarious to me at the time. Now whenever I hear that old comedy skit, I think of JRS and that game...weird huh? That skit put Abbott and Costello in Cooperstown. Used to be a good trivia question to win some drinks over. It didn't just put them the HOF in Cooperstown, it put them all over the city. Seriously,I couldn't escape the skit no matter how hard I tried when I went to visited the Hall. Granted, it was downright awesome, but it was a bit tiring to hear and see it during dinner or in hotel lobbies..
  22. We've played so horribly in the past two games that I'm almost thrilled I'll be missing tomorrow's game due to a freaking test. Crappy fielding, lack of clutch hitting, and subpar starts by our pitchers. You and me both, I actually watched tonight's monstrosity instead of studying for genetics. bleh :knockout
  23. When it rains, it pours with this team. :confused
  24. Woo hoo...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.