Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/10 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins crush Strasburg and win 8-2

 

W: Sanchez (9-7)

L: Strasburg (5-3)

 

2B: H Ramirez 3 (21); W Helms (6); D Uggla (20); G Sanchez (27); M Stanton (12)

HR: D Uggla (26)

Well, first the negative...still defensive errors and such but hey we won and it was a pretty good game overall! Hanley is looking like his old self, so that's a plus. Let's hope he continues to hit! Dan Uggla owns Strasburger! Put that on the shirt and sell it! Anibal pitched really well tonight also. So overall, a very positive game. Let's do it again tomorrow!

The Nats announcers said that the Marlins was the first team to face Strasburg twice (obviously, his time on the DL helped). Considering we pounded him a bit, I wonder if we (and the rest of league) made adjustments and figured him out a bit. And if so, can he in turn adjust? Could dictate the rest of the season, if not next few years, for him.

I almost voted for Hanley with the three doubles, but then I remembered Uggla's 4 RBI's early on. Hats off to LoMo, who showed great patience tonight. Anibal pitched well, and oh yeah...Mike Stanton.

 

PS I usually only go on the site after wins because I'm too angry to read the posts after a loss.

I guess more fans were choking on their Strausburgers tonight?

 

Great Job by the offense to jump all over him early, I called that after facing him a few times the offense we have can hit Straus hard.

 

Also great to see Hanley stepping back up and leading the offense with 3 doubles. Uggla stays on his mission with his 10th homerun since the ASB!

 

Nice game by Anibal could've been better if he didn't make that error and LoMo judge the ball better of the bat but we still won.

Need a SWEEP!

We could've used this Hanley a few weeks ago :( It's probably too late to make a run with him now

Ctina picked a good game to go to!

 

So, I'll admit i missed most of this one. Is hanley back to having his open stance indefinitely? It seems like it has brought him nothing but success so far.

Ctina picked a good game to go to!

 

So, I'll admit i missed most of this one. Is hanley back to having his open stance indefinitely? It seems like it has brought him nothing but success so far.

 

 

 

Whatever he's doing right now, he needs to keep doing..he looked really good tonight and the last game they played he was also hitting well, if I remember correctly. Let's hope he continues

Ctina picked a good game to go to!

 

So, I'll admit i missed most of this one. Is hanley back to having his open stance indefinitely? It seems like it has brought him nothing but success so far.

 

 

 

Whatever he's doing right now, he needs to keep doing..he looked really good tonight and the last game they played he was also hitting well, if I remember correctly. Let's hope he continues

 

yea i havent seen hanley hit balls like that in a while and it was damn good to see.

It took him 54 PAs but Boni finally walked.

 

 

He will become a walks machine after that PA. Book it.

I was lighting a cigar after seeing Strasburgh get nailed like that. Feels good man.

It took him 54 PAs but Boni finally walked.

 

 

FANTASY POINTS!

He's on pace for 2 walks on the season!!!!!

 

 

 

Please tell me he's not on your fantasy team :banghead

It took him 54 PAs but Boni finally walked.

 

 

FANTASY POINTS!

He's on pace for 2 walks on the season!!!!!

 

 

 

Please tell me he's not on your fantasy team :banghead

 

I wish! He's taken already...

It took him 54 PAs but Boni finally walked.

 

 

FANTASY POINTS!

He's on pace for 2 walks on the season!!!!!

 

 

 

Please tell me he's not on your fantasy team :banghead

 

I wish! He's taken already...

 

That must be a real pro :notworthy

Bad thing about thise game, besides that sterling defense that some seem to think is good enough, was having to listen to Gary Carter for an inning. Didn't like him when he was a Marlins announcer, and this just reminded me why.

I'm probably going to get some stick for moaning but anyway...I love the fact that Hanley has been absolutely hammering the ball the last 2 games since he changed his stance back to his old ways. However, I think I am right in saying all these hard hit balls have been pulled, and none have been to right centre or oppo field. Wasnt the reason he intially changed his stance was to enable him to drive more in that direction and be a more complete batter rather than be simply a pull hitter? I'm just wondering long term what Hanley is going to do?

Bad thing about thise game, besides that sterling defense that some seem to think is good enough, was having to listen to Gary Carter for an inning. Didn't like him when he was a Marlins announcer, and this just reminded me why.

 

I thought that too when he came on the air, he wasn't very good then and he still seems not to have gotten better. The best move this organization ever made was replacing Carter with Tommy!!! Okay maybe not the best ever, but got to be in the top ten.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.