Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something_Fishy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Something_Fishy

  1. Maybin went 2-4 and won't cost 5-6M next season. He also turned a single into a triple, leading to a run. It's a bit too soon to be making comparisons, isn't it?
  2. Like i say, it is one of the reasons i cancel my season tickets and i don't care when some people bow to the FO and make excues for them, i don't have to, until they spend the money making the team better i will not renew my season tickets, end of story. thank you. If your idea of an excuse is "we can't spend money on player X right now because we're trying to recover from debt incurred trying to run this team" so be it. Just forgive me for having trouble understanding why you're lashing out at the FO in light of this information. They aren't the pirates brass, you know.
  3. I feel cheated...AGAIN..as a fan. LORIA and SAMSON lied for years about keeping the payroll low, about making money. They denied that they were saving up money to pay for their contribution to the stadium. They lied. It is what it it and it stinks. And the Cody dump, just to save a few bucks, hurts. Giving away a clubhouse leader who could mentor along our promising youngsters. Reprehensible. In what world is being in debt making money? As far as how the numbers have been explained here, the marlins have been a negative investment. Also, while Cody was a gamer he was extremely streaky and quite replaceable. I'll always remember him for taking a ball in the face and giving max effort, but the team decided to move forward without him. I wouldn't have liked to see our younger guys taking his approach at the plate, for what it's worth. Too many unproductive outs.
  4. if only the FO would stop stuffing their pockets we can get good players, ok, start the piling on and i know who will be first. You did read the part in this thread where we determined the Marlins have been operating with negative equity, right? An investment in the red often doesn't translate into the front office "stuffing their pockets". As Marlins fans, I really think we should know that the Media will find ways to bring us down. It seems to appear that when we're winning, they'll harp on attendence and if they have a bad week they'll be left out of discussion entirely. I sincerely believe that if the ESPNs and the FOX Sports of the world keep trying their hardest to convey that the marlins are a losing and unsupported team we will continue to have trouble drawing fans to the park. Not to mention the term "firesale" seems to hover around the organization, which j imagine doesn't help attendence, either.
  5. But but but they're still $61 million in the red! The worst part is that today I heard Lebatard say that they should spend money and allow themselves to go into the red because they'll make it back in a few years. But it seems that's not true, because you're never allowed to make any money back without the media lambasting you. The media hates the Marlins for the most part as it is, the team is treated like the pirates and royals on all the major sports outlets. That is, of course, if the outlets aren't busy pointing out we have "15 fans". Hell, would it kill for increased coverage of the small market teams on the national scale? I'm obviously being a little extreme here, but as much attention as the Yankees and Red Sox get it's really no wonder they have as many "fans" as they do. Though, I digress... The explanation of these numbers actually had me respect the FO a tiny bit more, as I can tangibly see what is going on in the pilots seat and at least be able to come to grips with some of the moves made in the past. I've always known money was tight around here, but if Loria is pushing this team forward while operating at a loss (how much is the Marlins' fault could be determined later), he will have in my book move closer to a respectable guy. Cheapskate or not, somebody who pulls that kind of stunt must really care, or at least can make a convincing argument that they care.
  6. Now watch Maybin come in here and destroy opposing pitching - and then blow next year. How familiar... :whistle
  7. I see a silver lining here in contract leverage. Am I an awful person for noticing/indicating that?
  8. I also can't see the thing too clearly bwcUae I'm on iPhone at the current time as well, but is there a way to differentiate between expo monies and marlins monies? That's a hefty amount of red to take in.
  9. Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues!
  10. I wish I had a better understanding of what this all meant...
  11. he's average CF/above average corner ofer, basically On a team that used to trot out Mike Jacobs and Jorge Cantu, an average/above average glove seems like a HOF gold glover to the casual marlins fan. No doubt he did some nice things on the outfield, though.
  12. It doesn't just have to do with money, but also about playing time. I'm sure Lowell would rather retire then be on the bench, considering just how adamant he was about not wanting to be on Boston's bench. Something I think would have gone over really well here. Is it time to start lobbying for Mike "Hidden Ball Trick" Lowell to take his talents to South Beach?
  13. That guy is probably the biggest ladies man in the school. That's fantastic. :notworthy
  14. JJ's baaaaaaaaack Then again, it's the pirates. I hope JJ has regained his groove, though. It'd be a pleasant surprise.
  15. Helms has naked pictures of everyone in the organization. It's official. All that anticipation and that's all we get. Erick can't post in the clutch, we need to PH for him with Wes next time and get a professional post. I enjoyed this. Thank you for that!
  16. The Detroit tigers laugh at every walk Andrew Miller gives the opposition. I want the kid to succeed, but whenever I really think about how and why we have him I become awash in regret and dull agony. The FO is putting all their eggs in Andrew Miller's very tenuous basket.
  17. How about... dont give Nolasco a contract until he's in his contract year. Milk every last bit of good play out of him before you reward him. This is nonsense, giving him 5 years of tenure for a player who has had roller coaster issues. Signing him now allows us to get better value for him. The question is, what is his value? He dominates at times and struggles at other times. When players are inconsistent it is more difficult to value them because stats don't tell all of the story yet they can't be fully ignored. That's the gamble you have to take. Ricky exceeding expectations is much more exciting for this team if he signs a contract. now rather than later. Not to mention the Marlins could surely use his poor outings against him in some way during negotiations.
  18. One time Mike Stanton struck out...He then realized he had such good bat speed that he had enough time to swing again, and hit a 500 foot home run. This made a room full of baseball fans laugh raucously. lmao
  19. When was the last time the Twins even won a World Series. I'm pretty sure we've won our two relatively closer to the present then they have. A team I want to become is the Rays minus the no hitters against. I wish the Marlins became something like the Twins who win about 90 games per year. As do the Rays with a lower payroll. Only just recently, though. They were downright insulting when they were the Devil Rays.
  20. I vote for everybody having to show citizenship papers at the request of authority. Regardless of heritage, race, whatever. If you're legal, this shouldn't hurt your feelings that bad. I know that strips us of a certain freedom as Americans, but that is a freedom I'm willing to give up if it means it will help this country in countless ways, and benefit citizens that work and pay taxes. I think if we explore ways to make a drivers license a more official form of identification it could do the trick. What's the minimum amount of information necessary for a government official to deem someone a U.S. Citizen, anyhow?
  21. And some coaches never even made it to the big leagues I could never understand how players respect those guys, I mean, these coaches obviously don't know what the players are going through. :lol
  22. ESPN game annoucers are giving mad love to Stanton during the mets/phillies game. I saw and heard those comments and, after I got over the shock of hearing the national media say something positive about a marlin for once, was incredibly proud. It's like he's family at this point, it's crazy.
  23. I hate not having a lineup that strikes fear into an opposing team. When I hear our middle of the order compared to other middle of the order guys...it's a bit underwhelming. When all the pieces are moving in sync, this is a dangerous team. Otherwise, we get a lackluster result. I've joined the Cody Ross bandwagon to leave town, he's irritating to watch when cold.
  24. It's very possible his defensive regression is the result of his (relatively) poor year at the plate. Before he shifted back to a more open stance, reports were coming out that he was really trying hard to figure out what's going on with himself offensively, and while it shouldn't really make a difference for his defense, who's to say it wasn't eating at him from the back of his mind over every play? Maybe it's be sort of a "I need to play good defense to make up for my bad at bat last half inning" kind of thing?
  25. If stanton doesn't get love from the media, I have nothing else to believe in. The kid should be a household name, even this early in his career. He is a man among men, and he can't even crack open a cold one!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.