Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shopping List for a 2011 Playoff Run

Featured Replies

Feel free to add.

 

1) Hire a real hitting coach

 

2) Sign a decent bench bat or 2

 

3) Acquire another solid BP arm to go with Nunez, Hensley, Ceda, Badenhop, Tank, and possibly Ohman.

 

4) Don't resign Wes Helms. If he chooses to retire, I wouldn't mind keeping him in the organization in a non-coaching position Well nevermind.

 

5) Resign Uggla, Nolasco for 3 years.

 

6) Please get Perry Hill back.

I'd like a solid #2 (no poop jokes please) starter to go between JJ and Nolasco, make Ani the #4 guy and let whoever else duke it out for #5... West and Volstad should not be in the rotation at the same time

Buy a center fielder that can hit in the big leagues, or find a way to get maybin to succeed in the majors.

I'd like a solid #2 (no poop jokes please) starter to go between JJ and Nolasco, make Ani the #4 guy and let whoever else duke it out for #5... West and Volstad should not be in the rotation at the same time

 

 

This.

 

Plus what Gizmo said.

 

For me:

1) A #2 starter

2) 1 strong back-end reliever (no poop/laxative jokes, please)

3) 1 decent reliever

4) 2x LEGITIMATE lefties off the bench or 1 lefty/1 righty

5) Trade Cody Ross and live with Cameron Maybin's production for a full year

 

Rotation: JJ, #2, Ricky, Anibal, West/Volstad

Bullpen: Leo, Hensley, Ceda, Good New Guy, Badenhop, Decent New Guy, Tank/Ohman

Outfield: Logan, Maybin, Stanton

Infield: Coghlan, Hanley, Uggla, Gaby

Catcher: Baker/Paulino

Bench: Bonifacio, Baker/Paulino, Murphy, 2x lefty OR 1x left/1x righty

I'd like a solid #2 (no poop jokes please) starter to go between JJ and Nolasco, make Ani the #4 guy and let whoever else duke it out for #5... West and Volstad should not be in the rotation at the same time

 

 

JJ, Nolasco and Sanchez are a very acceptable #1 through #3. They simply need a #4. Volsted and West can fight it out for #5. They need a solid lefty in the bullpen, maybe they'll spend a little more to try to retain Ohman.

I'd like a solid #2 (no poop jokes please) starter to go between JJ and Nolasco, make Ani the #4 guy and let whoever else duke it out for #5... West and Volstad should not be in the rotation at the same time

 

 

This.

 

Plus what Gizmo said.

 

For me:

1) A #2 starter

2) 1 strong back-end reliever (no poop/laxative jokes, please)

3) 1 decent reliever

4) 2x LEGITIMATE lefties off the bench or 1 lefty/1 righty

5) Trade Cody Ross and live with Cameron Maybin's production for a full year

 

Rotation: JJ, #2, Ricky, Anibal, West/Volstad

Bullpen: Leo, Hensley, Ceda, Good New Guy, Badenhop, Decent New Guy, Tank/Ohman

Outfield: Logan, Maybin, Stanton

Infield: Coghlan, Hanley, Uggla, Gaby

Catcher: Baker/Paulino

Bench: Bonifacio, Baker/Paulino, Murphy, 2x lefty OR 1x left/1x righty

 

Pretty much this, especially the Maybin part.

Wes Helms is going to be a coach lol

 

 

What a coach on how to develop a veteran leadership and not produce well on the field while still being able to make good money?

 

Only kind of coach I'd want him as is a bench coach or a role like Dawson or Conine has.

I am not gonna live with a full year of Maybin if his production is gonna be similar to what is has been at the ML level. I'm fine with giving a long leash, say the AS break or a week or two after. However if he plays from opening day to the AS break k'ing every other AB, hitting weak grounders along with playing poor d then get him outta there.

 

I agree with everything else. A solid #2 stating pitcher would be great.

I am not gonna live with a full year of Maybin if his production is gonna be similar to what is has been at the ML level. I'm fine with giving a long leash, say the AS break or a week or two after. However if he plays from opening day to the AS break k'ing every other AB, hitting weak grounders along with playing poor d then get him outta there.

 

I agree with everything else. A solid #2 stating pitcher would be great.

 

 

I think the Marlins need to eat Maybin for a whole year regardless of production. They are not in a position to do anything about it. Not to mention he is adequate to above average as a fielder. If you get RBI production from Morrison/Stanton/Hanley you can eat Maybin as your 8 hitter and truly find out if he is the future. Up and down/up and down/up and down hasn't and won't answered ANYTHING. Same for goes for Miller. You need to plug him into the rotation in September because as a reclamation project he isn't going to have a future w/ this franchise.

Wes Helms is going to be a coach lol

 

 

What a coach on how to develop a veteran leadership and not produce well on the field while still being able to make good money?

 

Only kind of coach I'd want him as is a bench coach or a role like Dawson or Conine has.

 

 

He's going to be a coach, regardless of what people think of him. Probably in the minor leagues, but the organization seems to love him just as much as people hate him on here :$

Most coaches were guys who sucked in the big leagues, anyway. You don't need to be a good player to be a good coach.

And some coaches never even made it to the big leagues

 

 

I could never understand how players respect those guys, I mean, these coaches obviously don't know what the players are going through. :lol

I am not gonna live with a full year of Maybin if his production is gonna be similar to what is has been at the ML level. I'm fine with giving a long leash, say the AS break or a week or two after. However if he plays from opening day to the AS break k'ing every other AB, hitting weak grounders along with playing poor d then get him outta there.

 

I agree with everything else. A solid #2 stating pitcher would be great.

 

 

I think the Marlins need to eat Maybin for a whole year regardless of production. They are not in a position to do anything about it. Not to mention he is adequate to above average as a fielder. If you get RBI production from Morrison/Stanton/Hanley you can eat Maybin as your 8 hitter and truly find out if he is the future. Up and down/up and down/up and down hasn't and won't answered ANYTHING. Same for goes for Miller. You need to plug him into the rotation in September because as a reclamation project he isn't going to have a future w/ this franchise.

 

I agree with the Maybin part.

 

Unfortunately, I don't even think Andrew Miller has shown enough to warrant being up here. He just isn't there yet, and bringing him up to the ML isn't going to do anything. Conversely, Maybin is hitting the ball well in AAA and really doesn't have anything to prove down there. He's either a AAAA player or an ML one, and we need to find out.

I am not gonna live with a full year of Maybin if his production is gonna be similar to what is has been at the ML level. I'm fine with giving a long leash, say the AS break or a week or two after. However if he plays from opening day to the AS break k'ing every other AB, hitting weak grounders along with playing poor d then get him outta there.

 

I agree with everything else. A solid #2 stating pitcher would be great.

 

 

I think the Marlins need to eat Maybin for a whole year regardless of production. They are not in a position to do anything about it. Not to mention he is adequate to above average as a fielder. If you get RBI production from Morrison/Stanton/Hanley you can eat Maybin as your 8 hitter and truly find out if he is the future. Up and down/up and down/up and down hasn't and won't answered ANYTHING. Same for goes for Miller. You need to plug him into the rotation in September because as a reclamation project he isn't going to have a future w/ this franchise.

 

I agree that we keep him there for a full year regardless of production if we are not in contention. If we are in contention by the trade deadline and he is playing like he has up here then take him out of the starting lineup.

 

I just feel that we will be able to tell by the AS break or so if hes a big leaguer or not. Whether we can replace him with some one besides a bench player I don't know.

There isn't anyone in the minors right? Cousins?

Just clone Mike Stanton 24 times and we're good to go.

 

 

The world can't handle that much power. It's too dangerous.

Just clone Mike Stanton 24 times and we're good to go.

 

 

The world can't handle that much power. It's too dangerous.

 

All those Stanton Fett clones - a Grand Army indeed

I'd like a solid #2 (no poop jokes please) starter to go between JJ and Nolasco, make Ani the #4 guy and let whoever else duke it out for #5... West and Volstad should not be in the rotation at the same time

 

 

This.

 

Plus what Gizmo said.

 

For me:

1) A #2 starter

2) 1 strong back-end reliever (no poop/laxative jokes, please)

3) 1 decent reliever

4) 2x LEGITIMATE lefties off the bench or 1 lefty/1 righty

5) Trade Cody Ross and live with Cameron Maybin's production for a full year

 

Rotation: JJ, #2, Ricky, Anibal, West/Volstad

Bullpen: Leo, Hensley, Ceda, Good New Guy, Badenhop, Decent New Guy, Tank/Ohman

Outfield: Logan, Maybin, Stanton

Infield: Coghlan, Hanley, Uggla, Gaby

Catcher: Baker/Paulino

Bench: Bonifacio, Baker/Paulino, Murphy, 2x lefty OR 1x left/1x righty

 

:lol

Just clone Mike Stanton 24 times and we're good to go.

 

 

The world can't handle that much power. It's too dangerous.

 

I love your avatar, but it looks like Cam is coming to tickle battle with Gorillaface.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.