August 8, 201016 yr Marlins Win a wild one! Hanley with his 1st Career Walkoff. It might be to soon but I have to say it HEEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAACK!!!!
August 8, 201016 yr Leo should be a set up man. He'd seem perfect in that role. He's an average closer in the majors imo. Not great, but far from the worst. Luckily for the Marlins, the one thing we are very deep in minor league talent is at the relief pitcher spot. Far from the worst, but few of the guys who are worse at this point are really being sold as long-term options, they are merely filling the role until their team finds somebody to be the guy in 2011. Leo, on the other hand, was uncontested last off-season despite sub-par performance last year, and few fans here are even willing to admit that Leo should not be the man. Given how little care the Fo shows the pen, I doubt they bring in anyone to challenge him, though they could deal him. So who has enough killer instinct in our pen to close games? Just curious... Good night for Hanley. Also Uggla deserves major props for quickly tying the game. I started a thread discussing Leo, and I'm not gonna reiterate that here. But Edwin made his first real WTF? move today when he pulled Josh Johnson. Not only is Johnson one of the best in the league, and not only was he on his A game tonight, but Leo was coming off a blown save himself. I just don't get it.... Edwin loses 5 points.
August 8, 201016 yr This is the first walk off hit by Hanley to my memory at least. JJ got robbed, and I still wanna hear the reason for his departure after the 8th inning
August 8, 201016 yr Marlins won, that's all that matters. Yeah, JJ should have went 9th...he didn't, Leo blew it, But Uggla tied it in 9th and Hanley walked off in 10th, Marlins won, all that matters.
August 8, 201016 yr Love to win games,but it's really annoying that JJ keeps getting robbed of victories. No pitcher with an ERA under 2 should only have 10 wins at this point. Hell Ricky Nolasco has sucked balls this year and has more wins. But yeah, Ubaldo Jimenez should win the Cy Young because he has 17 wins
August 8, 201016 yr This is the first walk off hit by Hanley to my memory at least. JJ got robbed, and I still wanna hear the reason for his departure after the 8th inning I wanna hear that too....how can you not trust one of the best pitchers in baseball to finish a game he started (and was dealing)?
August 8, 201016 yr Hanley wasn't hustling around 1st base after the hit. Is that why the umps too away his triple? Gameday had TRIPLE by Hanley, then changed it to a DOUBLE.
August 8, 201016 yr Author He never reached 3rd. Tracy scored when he was about half way to 3rd base.
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame.
August 8, 201016 yr He never reached 3rd. Tracy scored when he was about half way to 3rd base. Gameday is such a silly goose. I wanna see the...Boni gunning Matt at plate and the other throw at home from like Wes Helms. I love when the Marlins throw runners out at home. You can't run on this team. :cool j-j-j-just ask Werth.
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though.
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though. Win is a win, walkoff a walkoff. Or does a walk off only count when a team comes back, not after coming back after blowing a late lead?
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though. Win is a win, walkoff a walkoff. Or does a walk off only count when a team comes back, not after coming back after blowing a late lead? How can you celebrate as hard when the team blew the win in the first place? Yes, in my book it only counts at certain times, and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
August 8, 201016 yr Hanley wasn't hustling around 1st base after the hit. You mean after the walkoff??
August 8, 201016 yr Hanley wasn't hustling around 1st base after the hit. You mean after the walkoff?? It was a joke
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. With some luck, next year this won't be the problem that keeps us from the playoffs
August 8, 201016 yr Hanley wasn't hustling around 1st base after the hit. You mean after the walkoff?? It was a joke I was hoping it was a joke
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though. Win is a win, walkoff a walkoff. Or does a walk off only count when a team comes back, not after coming back after blowing a late lead? How can you celebrate as hard when the team blew the win in the first place? Yes, in my book it only counts at certain times, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. ....Um, even Hensley acted like the Marlins just won the wrold series...jumping up and done twice after Tracey scored. The whole team partied hard after he scored from the clip I saw at the Marlins site. But yes, I know what you mean, should never have gone to extras.
August 8, 201016 yr Like the others, I don't get why JJ was taken out after 8 innings. Didn't watch the postgame show; any explanation from Edwin, yet?
August 8, 201016 yr Nunez is lucky Uggla saved his azz. Threw 2 guys out at home very fortunate win after blowing the lead.
August 8, 201016 yr Like the others, I don't get why JJ was taken out after 8 innings. Didn't watch the postgame show; any explanation from Edwin, yet? Maybe he doesn't want JJ to get tired down the stretch?
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though. Win is a win, walkoff a walkoff. Or does a walk off only count when a team comes back, not after coming back after blowing a late lead? How can you celebrate as hard when the team blew the win in the first place? Yes, in my book it only counts at certain times, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. ....Um, even Hensley acted like the Marlins just won the wrold series...jumping up and done twice after Tracey scored. The whole team partied hard after he scored from the clip I saw at the Marlins site. But yes, I know what you mean, should never have gone to extras. It's almost difficult to get excited after a walk-off now, lol.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.