August 8, 201016 yr By the way, Bonifacio played an underrated part in this win. Along with Donnie Murphy. Chad Tracy, as well. Why is Wes Helms playing everyday? I said it at the time of the trade deadline that we should've traded Helms when some teams were supposedly interested in him. He and his "veteran leadership" are worth a whole lot of nothing. Especially now that Donnie Bleeping Murphy is performing as he is. He isn't even the best pinch-hitter on the team anymore. Put him on waivers, and just let him go for something. They released Pinto because they felt he wasn't performing up to his salary; why not Helms? I really hope, at the very least, that Helms doesn't start at 3B for the rest of the year, just because the organization seems to respect him so much (for some reason).
August 8, 201016 yr Don't even care about the walk off win. Just feel so bad for JJ. 6th time this year his BP has let him down. :banghead Such a shame. Yeah, glad that we won, but if anyone celebrates this as a walk-off win when we had already given the game away foolishly, they're just not seeing things clearly. I'm happy that our offense came through in the clutch though. Win is a win, walkoff a walkoff. Or does a walk off only count when a team comes back, not after coming back after blowing a late lead? How can you celebrate as hard when the team blew the win in the first place? Yes, in my book it only counts at certain times, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. ....Um, even Hensley acted like the Marlins just won the wrold series...jumping up and done twice after Tracey scored. The whole team partied hard after he scored from the clip I saw at the Marlins site. But yes, I know what you mean, should never have gone to extras. Well, to be fair, it's a lot different if you're watching the game in person, least of all playing in it. I'd expect there to be a lot more adrenaline going on there. Also, if I'm Hanley Ramirez, or any other member of the Marlins besides Leo, I'm not the guy who blew it, but I am the guy that won it.
August 8, 201016 yr By the way, Bonifacio played an underrated part in this win. Along with Donnie Murphy. Chad Tracy, as well. Why is Wes Helms playing everyday? I said it at the time of the trade deadline that we should've traded Helms when some teams were supposedly interested in him. He and his "veteran leadership" are worth a whole lot of nothing. Especially now that Donnie Bleeping Murphy is performing as he is. He isn't even the best pinch-hitter on the team anymore. Put him on waivers, and just let him go for something. They released Pinto because they felt he wasn't performing up to his salary; why not Helms? I really hope, at the very least, that Helms doesn't start at 3B for the rest of the year, just because the organization seems to respect him so much (for some reason). It's his name. Uncle Wesley Helms rolls off the tongue. He should come out to that in every few at bats just to mess with other teams.
August 8, 201016 yr Well, to be fair, it's a lot different if you're watching the game in person, least of all playing in it. I'd expect there to be a lot more adrenaline going on there. Also, if I'm Hanley Ramirez, or any other member of the Marlins besides Leo, I'm not the guy who blew it, but I am the guy that won it. Especially Hensley, who's actually the guy who got the win in relief. Obviously, he's going to be very excited. I'm sure he now also sees the opportunity to take over the closer's role, if things continue this way. So he's very excited. Despite the whole "ra ra, team wins are all that matters" comments that come out of these players mouths, the game is still a business, and in the business, individual achievement's matter a lot, as well.
August 8, 201016 yr By the way, Bonifacio played an underrated part in this win. Along with Donnie Murphy. Chad Tracy, as well. Why is Wes Helms playing everyday? I said it at the time of the trade deadline that we should've traded Helms when some teams were supposedly interested in him. He and his "veteran leadership" are worth a whole lot of nothing. Especially now that Donnie Bleeping Murphy is performing as he is. He isn't even the best pinch-hitter on the team anymore. Put him on waivers, and just let him go for something. They released Pinto because they felt he wasn't performing up to his salary; why not Helms? I really hope, at the very least, that Helms doesn't start at 3B for the rest of the year, just because the organization seems to respect him so much (for some reason). It's his name. Uncle Wesley Helms rolls off the tongue. He should come out to that in every few at bats just to mess with other teams. I call him Aunty Wes. I don't know if anyone else does.
August 8, 201016 yr Author To prove he's old. I'm sure they'd see that in the scouting report. I agree and have agreed with Erick since the deadline thread. Helms is of no importance to this team. Murphy should outproduce him by a long shot and we don't need him to pinch hit with Luna and Tracy(who thank god is a good lh bat of the bench) here and is just pretty much a waste of money. Heks hitting .230 with an OPS under .680 we don't need players just for defense either. Waive him and if anyone claims try to get whatever we can for him like in the Cantu deal.
August 8, 201016 yr To prove he's old. I'm sure they'd see that in the scouting report. I agree and have agreed with Erick since the deadline thread. Helms is of no importance to this team. Murphy should outproduce him by a long shot and we don't need him to pinch hit with Luna and Tracy(who thank god is a good lh bat of the bench) here and is just pretty much a waste of money. Heks hitting .230 with an OPS under .680 we don't need players just for defense either. Waive him and if anyone claims try to get whatever we can for him like in the Cantu deal. Whether or not Helms is of importance to this team anymore, I could care less. After they blew a couple games this week, this team is of no importance. If somebody wants to offer us anything for Helms, why not.
August 8, 201016 yr "He was sweating way too much out there and by the sixth inning he was a little bit tired and then I made a decision to bring in Leo Nunez to close the game," Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said. AP
August 8, 201016 yr "I was a little gassed," Johnson said. "Me and Edwin talked the other day. I was like, 'I'll tell you the truth. I'll be honest with you and let you know.' I was little tired and he said, 'OK.' Just being away from here for two weeks or whatever, being in that cool [ California] weather and then coming back here to play, that's probably the most I've ever sweated in my life." Johnson retired the side in order in five of the first six innings. Four of the five hits he gave up came in the fourth, when the Cardinals scored their only two runs off him in eight innings. Said Rodriguez: "I was monitoring him pretty much since the sixth inning. He was sweating way too much out there and by the sixth inning he was telling me he was a little bit tired. I made the decision to bring Leo." http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-marlins/fl-marlins-cardinals-game-110-0808-20100807,0,6416201.story
August 8, 201016 yr So you backsas my comment by agreeing with me? I agree with you, just saying I see things a little differently.
August 8, 201016 yr Fisaro also said that it seemed like JJ was constantly checking his fingers, looking for a blister (though that was earlier in the game). Doesn't sweat contribute to that? Trying to remember why Beckett got all those blisters when he was here.
August 8, 201016 yr By the way, Bonifacio played an underrated part in this win. Along with Donnie Murphy. Chad Tracy, as well. Why is Wes Helms playing everyday? I said it at the time of the trade deadline that we should've traded Helms when some teams were supposedly interested in him. He and his "veteran leadership" are worth a whole lot of nothing. Especially now that Donnie Bleeping Murphy is performing as he is. He isn't even the best pinch-hitter on the team anymore. Put him on waivers, and just let him go for something. They released Pinto because they felt he wasn't performing up to his salary; why not Helms? I really hope, at the very least, that Helms doesn't start at 3B for the rest of the year, just because the organization seems to respect him so much (for some reason). Helms played a big role in that 9th inning rundown. When they were having that rundown between second and first, a Cardinal tried to take home. Had an unexperienced player been in that position, things could've gotten ugly. He didn't rush his throw to the plate and didn't try to overthrow the ball. And why do you hate him? It sounds like it's beyond a production thing. Did he personally do something to you or is there something he did/does that you don't like?
August 8, 201016 yr Hanley wasn't hustling around 1st base after the hit. You mean after the walkoff?? It was a joke The funny part is that Hanley was damn near 3rd when Tracy scored. Also, by the way, Hanley's first career walkoff hit.
August 8, 201016 yr I was at the game. It was amazing! Hanley had a great game which was nice to see, Helms is infuriatingly crappy and Mikey had a pretty sh*tty offensive game. It was brutally humid out there and it's unfortunate that JJ can't rely on his bullpen after throwing 8 good innings in that horrendous weather to get him 3 outs. Was this the 6th game that's been blown for him?
August 8, 201016 yr "I was a little gassed," Johnson said. "Me and Edwin talked the other day. I was like, 'I'll tell you the truth. I'll be honest with you and let you know.' I was little tired and he said, 'OK.' Just being away from here for two weeks or whatever, being in that cool [ California] weather and then coming back here to play, that's probably the most I've ever sweated in my life." Johnson retired the side in order in five of the first six innings. Four of the five hits he gave up came in the fourth, when the Cardinals scored their only two runs off him in eight innings. Said Rodriguez: "I was monitoring him pretty much since the sixth inning. He was sweating way too much out there and by the sixth inning he was telling me he was a little bit tired. I made the decision to bring Leo." http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-marlins/fl-marlins-cardinals-game-110-0808-20100807,0,6416201.story I saw a bit of the post game. Edwin also said JJ tired from throwing his off speed stuff so much. The only thing left was his fastball. With those 3 guys coming up in the 9th, that's a recipe for disaster.
August 8, 201016 yr "I was a little gassed," Johnson said. "Me and Edwin talked the other day. I was like, 'I'll tell you the truth. I'll be honest with you and let you know.' I was little tired and he said, 'OK.' Just being away from here for two weeks or whatever, being in that cool [ California] weather and then coming back here to play, that's probably the most I've ever sweated in my life." Johnson retired the side in order in five of the first six innings. Four of the five hits he gave up came in the fourth, when the Cardinals scored their only two runs off him in eight innings. Said Rodriguez: "I was monitoring him pretty much since the sixth inning. He was sweating way too much out there and by the sixth inning he was telling me he was a little bit tired. I made the decision to bring Leo." http://www.sun-senti...0,6416201.story I saw a bit of the post game. Edwin also said JJ tired from throwing his off speed stuff so much. The only thing left was his fastball. With those 3 guys coming up in the 9th, that's a recipe for disaster. I say, a little bit tired Johnson is better than a well rested Leo.
August 8, 201016 yr I'd rather have seen JJ stay in there, but what can you do.... most managers make the same call, and particularly if Edwin thought JJ was tiring, which apparently he was. More a reflection of how I guess Leo isn't quite as good as he looked a while ago. Been a rough last month or so for him. Call up Ceda soon and start the closer audition? Hate to see them blow it in the 9th but that was a pretty damn exciting game.
August 8, 201016 yr "He was sweating way too much out there and by the sixth inning he was a little bit tired and then I made a decision to bring in Leo Nunez to close the game," Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said. AP If that was the problem... I wonder how long Edwin would have let Scott Olsen pitch! lol He was sweating up a storm by the 3rd inning most games :lol
August 8, 201016 yr #Marlins starter Josh Johnson said he felt as though he threw 120, 130 pitches last night, not 99. His decision to come out.
August 8, 201016 yr Good to see Hanley delivering a HR and walk off double, in the 1st game since reverting back to his old batting stance.
August 8, 201016 yr #Marlins starter Josh Johnson said he felt as though he threw 120, 130 pitches last night, not 99. His decision to come out. Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere about a small blister was developing on one of his fingers?
August 8, 201016 yr I missed the game, but Hanley reverted back to his open stance? That's good news.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.