Everything posted by 97marlin
-
Marlins Daily Minor League Report for June 17, 2019
Does anyone know what happened to Tristan Pompey?
-
Tyler Kolek (lol)
I know that wasn't meant to be super positive, but it was super positive. You just made it sound like you expect him to start, like he is pitching well enough to get outs in more than one inning. IF he ever starts another game again I would be surprised.
-
Urena moved to 60-day IL
How do you get Gallen on the 40 man roster? Legit I don't know. Also why is Rivera coming up??? and not Diaz!
-
Jordan Yamamoto getting called up
walks though.
-
Jordan Yamamoto getting called up
Elieser looked good. I'm surprised we aren't talking about that.
-
If the Marlins finish at or close to .500, does it hurt or help the rebuild?
Let's all take a deep breath. Pitchers will stop throwing Anderson breaking pitches. Harold Ramirez's high babip will crash back to earth. Starlin Castro is not a 115 wRC+ player. Urena has done what he always seems to do, find ways to win games. I don't trust it, and I hope they move him. Jorge Alfaro still does not hit the ball in the air enough considering how little contact he makes. Now that that's out of the way. I agree it would be positive if we had a winning record of around .500. Personally it would be more positive if we manage to move guys like Castro, Granderson, Rojas, Urena, and Walker, for real prospects. Record is less important to me. Potential impact players both in the minors and on the big league roster is what matters. If we do move all of those guys AND have a winning percentage around .500 then yeah, wow. That would be amazing. We could potentially have a young and exciting team with a lot of potential going forward.
-
Playoffs? .500? I'll Eat a Marlin if the Marlins Finish at .500.
Marlins will not be .500 this season. We will not lose 110 games. But we are not going to win more than 72.
-
2019 MLB Draft, Marlins pick 4th, select OF JJ Bleday
I am personally ecstatic. We did something we never do. We took two low floor picks in the first round. Followed by a young defensive shortstop. Literally the only position that doesn't have to hit. We did it!! This is what a draft should look like! What a great day. Man the Marlins have sucked at this for so so sooooo long!!!
-
2019 MLB Draft, Marlins pick 4th, select OF JJ Bleday
How much worse is greene? I just know he is projected to go next.
-
2019 MLB Draft, Marlins pick 4th, select OF JJ Bleday
Abrams would not be a bad pick. Bleday would not be a bad pick. Vaughn would not be a bad pick. Greene, I'd be really disapointed, but also probably wouldn't be a bad pick. Bishop would probably a bad pick. But with the second pick it'd be awesome.
-
Market for Urena
THE DAIMONDBACKS NEED A STARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh. they have a such a good farm too. We could pick up non-prospects and improve our system.
-
Market for Urena
This guy knows whatsup!
-
Market for Urena
AHHHHHH I have posted this like a bunch of times on here!!!! Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.
-
How this team to have a GOOD lineup ASAP ?
We missed our chance. walker is slumping (though not that bad of a slump) and Cron is at 21 Home Runs. So they might not go for this trade. It was brilliant when i proposed it.
-
Is a Sign and Trade deal allowed in MLB++
We are not good. Other teams need starting pitching. Dallas Keuchel costs a lot more for a team in contention. Could we sign Keuchel, then trade him to another team for a package of prospects effectively worth less than the penalty that team would receive by signing him?
-
Padres calling up Josh Naylor
solved it! picked him up on fantasy! thanks for the tip!
-
Jeter, Hill, Denbo, Posada all attend SEC Tourney
So I have seen Baltimore taking Rutschmann or Vaughn at 1. 2 I have seen Rutschmann or Abrams. 3 I have seen abrams Vaughn or Witt. Personally I'd be cool with Bleday, or Vaughn. I am a little unsure about Abrams.
-
Marlins Daily Minor League Report for May 21, 2019
Anyone else noticed that Isan Diaz has been absolutely destroying triple a pitching this month.
-
Jeter, Hill, Denbo, Posada all attend SEC Tourney
It isn't clear if Vaughn will fall. It isn't clear if Abrams will fall. Bleday is going to be there. I believe if the other two picks are not there they take bleday. I think if all three are there they take abrams. If Vaughn and Bleday are there I don't know who they take.
-
Marlins TV Announcers
Tommy was great, for the way he said his words. But he would just say things that we know aren't true. He loved guys that'd win. He would praise guys for things they have no control over. I loved watching tommy, but I wish he could be paired with a player who is more modern thinking. Also Dave Van Horne is the best. Do not say anything bad about him. I go out of my way to listen to there broadcast even when i watch the games.
-
Should the Marlins Pick Up Keon Broxton?
Idk, he doesn't add a lot. but will probably hit better than Herrera. I wish we would stop wondering what options we have outside our organization and start to use guys that are in our organization. Austin Dean is destroying triple a. is projected to be our best batter. Just put someone who doesn't play centerfield in centerfield and let dean hit!
-
Deadspin: Jeter sucks at being Marlins owner
It's been mentioned here several times. The astros lost 106, 107, 111, in 2011, 2012, 1213 before they "improved" to 92 losses in 2014. We are seeing it with the padres who have been bad forever. they are finally looking good. It will be another year or two after this year till we have the pieces. Devers is 2 years away. Our pitching is 1 year away. We don't have the tools in the minors right now all together to be good yet
-
Deadspin: Jeter sucks at being Marlins owner
Our situation is weird because it was so bad before. I want to hate the ownership group. I really do. But I have seen too many guys rushed to the bigs, or traded for veterans who don't produce. I kind of feel more comfortable looking like shit. Until we have pieces ready to play. With that said, It is so dumb to have granderson not produce in a starting role, AND let herrara super not produce in a starting role, AND castro not produce in a starting role. Like if we are going to have guys struggle I'd rather them be younger.
-
Shutout record
Honestly I just wish hererra wasn't playing. I wish they'd send brinson down to double a and bring sierra up.
-
Could the Marlins Beat the Best Triple-A Team?
I don;t know that they could beat the best players in the marlins minor league.