Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Market for Urena

Featured Replies

[MEDIA=twitter]1133013583430868992[/MEDIA]

 

very early days on this.  Teams inquire about a lot of players all the time.  Interesting bit of tweeting though from Mish 

 

 

  • Author

He’s 27.  He’s on $3.2 million of wages now and has two years of arbitration in front of him.  I feel like his quality isn’t high enough for our front office to get some obvious great prospects.  He’s also been a nice player for us.  I could really go either way on this one.  I lean toward keeping him because I don’t think our brain trust has the stuff to get something of value in return for a guy like Urena.  Going to arbitration with him doesn’t feel all that risky to the wage structure 

 

 

He’s 27.  He’s on $3.2 million of wages now and has two years of arbitration in front of him.  I feel like his quality isn’t high enough for our front office to get some obvious great prospects.  He’s also been a nice player for us.  I could really go either way on this one.  I lean toward keeping him because I don’t think our brain trust has the stuff to get something of value in return for a guy like Urena.  Going to arbitration with him doesn’t feel all that risky to the wage structure 

 

I think we should trade him. 

 

 

AHHHHHH I have posted this like a bunch of times on here!!!!

 

Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.

 

 

Hey guys, I think we should Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.

 

I am surprised nobody has brought this idea up before.

 

This guy knows whatsup!

 

 

I’m pretty firmly on the side of dealing Urena. I’m not sold on Urena being more than a 4-5 in a good rotation. He doesn’t have anything to get lefties out, and his slider hasn’t progressed at all. I honestly think he’d be better off in the bullpen, but that’s a conversation for another day. 

 

 By mid-season 2020, I have a hard time believing Urena will be one of the top 5 pitchers on the 40 man. Find a way to get value for him now. Maybe pair Walker with him and trade them to Boston for a package of Flores/Chatham & Ockimey

 

 

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW. I know there's the thought that his value could increase closer to the deadline as teams get more desperate, but the thing about Urena is: he's bad. He's on a hot streak right now, but he won't stay on that hot streak until July 31. If that ERA sneaks up toward the 5.00 that his true talent predicts, teams will give up way less than they will now, thinking the 2.80 in the last 7 is actually legitimate. 

 

 

I’m pretty firmly on the side of dealing Urena. I’m not sold on Urena being more than a 4-5 in a good rotation. He doesn’t have anything to get lefties out, and his slider hasn’t progressed at all. I honestly think he’d be better off in the bullpen, but that’s a conversation for another day. 

 

 By mid-season 2020, I have a hard time believing Urena will be one of the top 5 pitchers on the 40 man. Find a way to get value for him now. Maybe pair Walker with him and trade them to Boston for a package of Flores/Chatham & Ockimey

 

Yeah, I think he just is what he is at this point (watch him be like several other guys that have left here and become great).

 

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW. I know there's the thought that his value could increase closer to the deadline as teams get more desperate, but the thing about Urena is: he's bad. He's on a hot streak right now, but he won't stay on that hot streak until July 31. If that ERA sneaks up toward the 5.00 that his true talent predicts, teams will give up way less than they will now, thinking the 2.80 in the last 7 is actually legitimate. 

 

This.  Trade him while he's on a hot streak and before he blows up, unlike what we did with Barraclough last year.

 

 

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW.

 

I dunno, I mean it should be sooner than later but it doesn't have to be right now does it? Like what happens if they wait a few more minutes or so?

 

 

I dunno, I mean it should be sooner than later but it doesn't have to be right now does it? Like what happens if they wait a few more minutes or so?

 

Then his value decreases.

 

It decreased since I wrote that.

 

And now more.

 

And more.

 

More now.

 

JUST TRADE HIM ALREADY HIS VALUE IS PLUMMETING 

 

 

Why? Is he an Astros fan? He never mentions it if so.

 

a picture is worth a thousand words - which is why he just uses their logo as his avatar since he takes too long to read messages anyway

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.