Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Italian Marlins Fan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Italian Marlins Fan

  1. I believe one positive of the logo change is that I can get old Marlins merchandise for really cheap. I can’t decide what to wear for opening day. I don’t have any Marlins merchandise with the new logo, but I’m just genuinely curious to see if a lot of people are wearing the new merchandise or just wearing their old Marlins merchandise. [ATTACH]2715._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2716._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2717._xfImport[/ATTACH]
  2. 6 teams per league like NFL is fine, too.
  3. Yamamoto dominated in afl is he coming to Spring Training?
  4. I feel like the league should be 154 games like the old days, but have 8 playoff teams per league. Baseball needs to expand the postseason to combat 10 teams tanking. Make baseball more competitive. More teams have a chance.
  5. I’m very curious to see the starting rotation in 2-3 years.
  6. So you don’t think the article has any validity to it?
  7. Why do you think it’s a bad article?
  8. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25557502/jt-realmuto-trade-continues-stunningly-sad-marlins-tradition “Of the Marlins' all-time top 25 players, by WAR -- Realmuto ranks 16th -- 23 have now been traded away, rather than held onto until they reached free agency. The other two truly are the exceptions that prove the rule: A.J. Burnett and the Marlins hated each other by the end, but Burnett made it to free agency because the "much-discussed" deal to send him to Baltimore "hit a snag" when the Marlins kept trying to throw more of their players into the swap. The other, Jose Fernandez, died in a boat crash before reaching free agency. The Marlins had tried to trade him too, according to former team president David Samson; it was the other team, Samson claimed recently, that stopped the deal. This is not normal. The Rockies, who debuted as a franchise the same year the Marlins did, have held onto nine of their all-time top 25 through free agency or retirement, and an additional four of those 25 are still on their roster. The expansion Diamondbacks have traded only 14 of their all-time 25, and even the notoriously proactive Rays have kept seven of their all-time top 25 through free agency. The Marlins are genuinely weird. They trade everybody. Every trade tells a story. But these 23 trades together tell three bigger stories. That's the first one: The Marlins are weird, all the time. In their own way they're the most stable franchise in baseball, because their weirdness is a permanent state. Each of these trades, on its own, could be justified for baseball or financial reasons, but none of these trades any longer stands on its own. They're all part of the ongoing story of the Marlins: Whoever owns them, whoever runs them, becomes, by definition, Florida Man.” Do you agree or disagree? I will die a Marlins fan. But good God ?
  9. I honestly think the Marlins did about as well as they could do. I hate the Phillies, but on paper, they had the best offer. Sixto is only 20. He has drawn some comparisons to Pedro. Stewart they say is a young Chris Sale, but idk we’ll see about him. I like that the Marlins got $250k in Intl Bonus $$ to possibly use. I think Alfaro will be a serviceable MLB catcher. I don’t see how people can trash the Marlins here ik I’m biased but this looks to be a good move. The only move I look back on that was bad that Jeter did was the Yelich deal. You could argue every other deal has been a W.
  10. Alfaro is a WC in this deal. 5 years of team control. Only 25. Some Plus Power and good defensively. Sixto Sanchez is only 20 y/o, but he has had injury concerns. I think Sixto could use a year of seasoning in minors before coming up next year. No sense in rushing him. Will Stewart is an intriguing piece. I like his stats. The International Bonus $$ could help Marlins sign Yolmer Sanchez. He was projected to be the starting SS for the Cuban National Team before he defected. ? Maybe the Marlins can convince the SS to sign if he can compete for the MLB right away. ? I honestly think Marlins did about as well as they could have done. I still cannot believe Machado and Harper haven’t signed, and it’s FEBRUARY! ? so many great FA’s still available. Dallas Kuechel, a Cy Young Winner, is still available.
  11. Lol this is a funny topic. I was born in 1994. I went to my first Marlins game in 1995 when I was 6 months old. I started going to games regularly in 2003 the year the Marlins won the World Series and beat Jeter’s Yankees. My dad and I have been STH’s since 2004. My relationship to the Marlins is my relationship. Everyone’s relationship with the Marlins is different. I consider a real fan to either watch or listen to the marlins on tv or radio. Also if you attend games at marlins park. You can still be a real fan without going to games imo. However, my opinion is this. For now, I will not buy any merchandise with the new logo because I do think it’s a little unfair that STH’s support the team and wear merchandise, yet this is the third logo in this decade. Jeter has also not done a good job honoring Jose Fernandez and did a bad job firing people. The positives are that Jeter is doing whatever he can for the fans to make Marlins Park an awesome atmosphere. More standing room, blue walls, ivy, 305 Menu are all great changes. Jeter invested in VV Mesa and his brother. The biggest International FA Prospect. Jeter is taking his time trading Realmuto. What’s up for debate is whether the Marlins should have kept Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, Gordon, Realmuto, and added pitching. The problem was when Jose Fernandez died, it made a hole that couldn’t be easily replaced. I could see both sides. If Jose was still alive and not traded, the Marlins could have just added pitching. But I could see why Jeter went in a different direction. Hopefully, when we look back on Jeter 10 years in the future, the Marlins will have at least 1 title. But I want sustainable winning also. And keep ticket prices low please. I also believe the Marlins will get $100 million per year from TV Revenue when they make a new deal. That will be a game changer. I believe the Marlins’ market potential is worth $100 million alone.
  12. [ATTACH]2615._xfImport[/ATTACH]
  13. Hey guys the podcast will be up shortly! It is the first one, my cohost and I have things to improve upon, but it was very exciting for us! We promoted a lot on IG I apologize for not promoting well on here.
  14. I think the 305 menu should be expanded to every concession stand. However, I am loving most of the changes to the ballpark. I can’t wait to go to Marlins Park in 2019.
  15. I meant 3 logos in one decade my b haha but still that’s a bit much for any franchise imo
  16. Tbh, I know this sounds weird, but for now, I’m sticking with the old school merchandise. My thinking is this. When the Marlins are good, everyone is going to want to buy the new merchandise. Meanwhile, all the loyal Marlin fans will be wearing their old school aka better looking Marlins merchandise. I may eventually buy new Marlins gear, but 3 rebrands in a decade? I get Jeter wants to put his own stamp on the franchise, but c’mon. 3 rebrands in a decade doesn’t sound ridiculous to anyone else? I love the old Marlins colors the best. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new colors as well. But the old teal will always be nostalgic for me.
  17. I’ve seen the Marlins play away in a few places. I love seeing them as an “Away” fan. I am a STH for home games tho.
  18. From all the teams interested, these are my favorite two potential packages that I think are realistic I would like for J.T. 1. New York..... Mets Mets get: J.T. Realmuto Marlins get: SS Amed Rosario 1B Peter Alonso If the Marlins did this trade, they would be filling two huge needs. A speedy SS in Rosario and a Power 1B in Alonso. Mets get to keep Nimmo and Conforto. If Marlins can also get one of them, that would be a bonus. 2. Los Angeles...... Dodgers Dodgers get: J.T. Realmuto Marlins get: P Dustin May OF Yasiel Puig A lot of people may not like Puig, but in this deal, Marlins get a 20 Y/O young pitcher that could potentially be a future Ace. I think with Puig, Marlins should try and extend him if they trade for him. I honestly think Puig would take the Little Havana discount to play in Miami. If LeBron James, the best basketball player on the planet, can take a discount to play in Miami, why can’t Puig? Puig would have a chance to be the future face of the franchise. I think he would love to come to Miami. Mattingly will probably only be here one more year, so I’m not factoring in Puig and Mattingly’s relationship too much. I think Puig could take a deal similar to Dee Gordon. 5 years, $50 million. I think that is totally realistic. Overall, these are the two trades I’d like to see the most. Atlanta, Houston, and San Diego would all be possible landing spots, but at this point, these are the two offers I’m considering if I’m the Marlins.
  19. Billy Hamilton is going to be a FA. Hanley is a FA. I think Marlins should get both. I also think Marlins should get SS Richie Martin from Oakland in the Rule 5 Draft. Line-up next year could look like this: CF Billy Hamilton SS Richie Martin 3B Brian Anderson 1B Hanley Ramirez 2B Starlin Castro LF Harrison/Mesa/Brinson RF Brinson/Mesa/Harrison C ? P Low key I like this line-up. ?
  20. I meant baseball people who aren’t Marlins fans.
  21. How is a 90 loss team watchable? What? ? I mean I’m a Marlins fan, but no other baseball fan in their right mind will say “yo, let’s watch the Marlins.” They’d rather watch grass grow.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.