Everything posted by Italian Marlins Fan
-
9/1 - Blue Jays at Marlins
Game is on FS1 as well, but Paul and Todd are on that feed as well. Kind of surprised they don’t have another crew on that channel, although I don’t mind hearing them on FS1 lol just thought they would have a separate team.
-
Miami Heat Playoff Run
JIMMY FUCK ITS JUST HAD 40! I CALL HIM THAT BECAUSE WHEN HE SHOOTS THE BALL, HE SAYS “FUCK IT BALL GOING IN”. Sorry for the all caps just very excited. Miami is up 1-0 in the 2nd round over the one seed Milwaukee Bucks. It’s nice to see the Marlins and Heat both as legitimate championship contenders! YES I SAID IT! 🔥
-
Starling Marte Acquired, Villar, Smith & Mejia Traded, Diaz Opts In
😂 sounds about right!
-
Starling Marte Acquired, Villar, Smith & Mejia Traded, Diaz Opts In
Of course that is huge. And his .946 OPS last year was remarkable. I agree to have Jeff’s son in the organization is great, but his potential is the aforementioned icing on the 🎂!
-
Starling Marte Acquired, Villar, Smith & Mejia Traded, Diaz Opts In
I won’t defend Villar but I didn’t think he was THAT horrible considering what some of our hitting prospects are doing. Villar’s OPS was definitely low at .688 and his defense was definitely a liability, but led the league in steals at time of the trade. I do think it was an interesting trade, but I want to be happy cause everyone else seems happy about this deal. Getting son of Jeff Conine is great. Griffin’s OPS was .946 last year in minors that’s remarkable.
-
8/12 : Marlins @ Buffalo Blue Jays
This is annoying. Probably gunna lose again on the bullshit extra inning rule. You can’t blow an 8-0 lead. I understand 18 Marlins may not be available due to Covid, and I love how much fight this team is showing, but they HAD this game. Also kind of random, but Paul and Todd should be showing more emotion, saying how bad it is to blow that kind of lead. I hope I am wrong about tonight’s outcome. Marlins are still over .500 though if they lose, but they need to go back on a mini winning streak. Or Jeter needs to angrily zoom some people after the game.
-
8/9 Post Game Thread
I’m down for Puig if he is covid free.
-
8/9 Post Game Thread
I think the umpires behind home plate have been horrific this year to the point where I want an automated strike zone. I know some traditionalists may think it’s extreme, but I’m willing to live with that and the other rule changes this year except the extra inning garbage.
-
Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests
Other fans need to chill tf out. If the Marlins did something wrong, I don’t think it’s a big deal. But than again, I didn’t think Astros scandal was a big deal either. If season does shut down, it wasn’t meant to happen anyways. I do agree Marlins PR Department has been sleeping at the wheel. I’ll pitch if I need to though, I might be able to hit 85 fuck it 😂
-
Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests
I don’t know what’s true to be honest. If the playoff standings are based on winning percentage, that could play into an advantage for the marlins. It seems baseball is hell bent on finishing as much of this season as possible for the tv/advertising/other revenues. We shall see. I don’t like Nightengale’s baseless rumor; reckless speculation to me for some clout. Why are the Marlins being unfairly labeled the “Covid Team” like the Astros are the “banging scheme” team?
-
Jack McKeon Zoom Interview
So on the Local Hour of the Dan LeBatard Show, Mike Ryan interviewed Trader Jack with David Samson via Zoom. Thought it was an insightful conversation. Jack told some great stories about 2003; don’t want to spoil too much but just give my thoughts. I don’t like how Trader Jack left the organization on bad terms because he says he still loves the fans down here and also said Miami was his favorite city. Considering McKeon is the only manager in Marlins history with a winning record (unless you count 1-0 Cookie Rojas), I believe he should be honored at Marlins Park in the future in some capacity. Not sure what would be appropriate, but Trader Jack is a franchise icon imo. Best manager the Marlins have had, even though he only managed in 4 seasons for the club (03-05, 11).
-
ESPN is showing KBO Games!
Lol for what it’s worth, I am checking out this game. Two ex Marlins ironically starting vs each other today. odrisamer despaigne vs drew rucinski. The pitching match up from hell ?
-
Marlins donated nearly 1,000 jerseys, uniform pants and T-shirts to be utilized as masks
Love this. Can we as fans buy some “Marlins Masks”?
-
FSFlorida and all RSNs May Leave YouTube TV
Does Hulu have FS Florida for people living in and out of Florida? I was doing a little research earlier. Hulu plus Live TV has a lot.
-
Biscayne Bay Brew Hall
Love this! Team will probably still stink, but this is cool. A special Marlins beer will also be made available at the stadium and other locations throughout S. FLA ?...
-
Marlins now in 'buy mode' for Winter Meetings
Is Gio Gonzalez still a free agent? Hometown kid. He wouldn’t be bad as a bad end rotation arm or a long reliever. Puig I’ll take as well.
-
Jeter says Marlins face “challenging year” in improving via free agency
??
-
Marlins could lose two affiliates
So if this happens, the Marlins will only have - Wichita (AAA) - Jacksonville (AA) - Jupiter (A) Is that correct?
-
Pat Williams pushing to bring MLB to Orlando
Move the Rays to Orlando and call it a day. Good compromise for everyone. Orlando just needs to have an MLB facility ready.
-
Really neat marlins shirt
I’d buy that.
-
Proposed new start times
The only thing I’m really against is earlier start times on Saturdays. I do selfishly like later saturday games. Tbh I don’t really care about the weeknights. Whatever works. But yea we’ll see how it works. I want to be open minded, too.
-
Proposed new start times
I agree with earlier start times for Mon-Thur home games, but I love 7:10 Saturday Night Baseball. I would HATE 4 PM start times on the regular.
-
Proposed new start times
I think Saturday games need to be 7-7:30 start time for the promotional giveaways. I work Saturdays (I’m in hospitality) and I am gunna do my best to get the Brian Anderson bobblehead that game cause it’s at 6:10. Saturdays I typically get off between 4-5 depending and I work off Atlantic Blvd in Pompano. However, for weeknight games, I do think 6:30-6:45 are better start times. Games end earlier, and fans go home earlier. I’m off work today so I’m probably gunna go. Lol
-
MLB the Show 19
Thank you for this btw... I wonder if Fish Stripes updated this after the deadline haha
-
2020 Marlins: The Future as we know it?
I’m gunna say between 2021-2023 for making the playoffs. I’m being a little conservative with my estimate, but what is not debatable is the Marlins have a lot of good talent in the minors and I’m sure next year will be very fun with a lot of new young guys. Top 5 farm ftw