Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starling Marte Acquired, Villar, Smith & Mejia Traded, Diaz Opts In

Featured Replies

D-Backs send:
Starling Marte

Marlins send:
Caleb Smith
Humberto Mejia
Julio Frias

--------------

Blue Jays send:
Griffin Conine

Marlins send:
Jonathan Villar

--------------

Restricted List sends:
Isan Diaz

Marlins send:
Gratuity

Barlow, Staumont, and Rosenthal having good seasons so far. 

I'd figure Rosenthal would draw the most interest. Watched Staumont last night, his pitches are filthy. 

13 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I always believed!  *puts on Beckett jersey* - every bandwagon fan soon

Nah, Beckett is too good of a jersey for bandwagon fans. 

Top Marlins bandwagon fan jerseys/shirts I've seen have to be Pudge and Jose Reyes far and away at #1. 

Hopefully the team waits til most, if not all COVID bullpen guys return before making any trades, but I guess this is kinda cutting it close.

Eh ... I just hope we don't go overboard with trading prospects for relievers again.

The Fernando Rodney trade will always make me not want to trade for relievers or closers.

Staumont intrigues me cause if we grabbed him, he's under club control for a few years ... but, IDK.

He's got a sinker averaging 98.7 mph, so that's fun.

His curve drops down to low 80's ...

You know if we can steal him for ... not much, why not?

47 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nah, Beckett is too good of a jersey for bandwagon fans. 

Top Marlins bandwagon fan jerseys/shirts I've seen have to be Pudge and Jose Reyes far and away at #1. 

What no Sheffield jersey's? 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Nah, Beckett is too good of a jersey for bandwagon fans. 

Top Marlins bandwagon fan jerseys/shirts I've seen have to be Pudge and Jose Reyes far and away at #1. 

Stanton jersey top my list of bandwagon

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Top Marlins bandwagon fan jerseys/shirts I've seen have to be Pudge and Jose Reyes far and away at #1. 

I have owned both and you just made me sad.

I would trade an OF prospect for Staumont. Could be stupid but whatever, he looks like a cheat code right now.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I kind of miss Nick Anderson right now. Maybe Jesus Sanchez will make us forget about him soon.

52 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

What no Sheffield jersey's? 

 

23 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

Stanton jersey top my list of bandwagon

Those are different. If you're wearing a Stanton or Sheffield jersey in 2020 I'd believe you telling me that you are actually a Marlins fan.

If you are wearing a Pudge or Reyes jersey in 2020 that tells me you haven't watched a Marlins game since 2003 or you haven't visited Marlins Park since your neighbor invited you to a game in 2012.

20 minutes ago, mrchainsaw said:

I have owned both and you just made me sad.

A real Marlins fan can still own them, and then I'd assume you own other Marlins jerseys as well. But a bandwagon fan ONLY has that jersey because they got it that one time they went to a game or right before the new ballpark opened and they haven't actually followed the team since then.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

 

Those are different. If you're wearing a Stanton or Sheffield jersey in 2020 I'd believe you telling me that you are actually a Marlins fan.

If you are wearing a Pudge or Reyes jersey in 2020 that tells me you haven't watched a Marlins game since 2003 or you haven't visited Marlins Park since your neighbor invited you to a game in 2012.

If you’re still wearing a Reyes Marlins Jersey, you should go to the corner

Here's my thoughts right now ...

Do we NEED to buy bullpen arms?

Everyone has been reinstated, so here's who we'll have coming back soon:

Sandy (starter so one person goes to bullpen)

Caleb (starter so one more person goes to bullpen)

Stanek

Vesia

Neidert

Holloway

Yimi Garcia

Urena (yes I know)

Brigham

 

We've got A LOT of pitchers coming back SOON.

Hoyt has been effective. Tarpley looked pretty good last time out (last night). Bleier is back and he looked good before injury.

So ... do we ABSOLUTELY HAVE to go get bullpen arms? Can this not be a case of, "our best acquisitions will be the returns from the IL"?

Our rotation soon will be Pablo, Sixto, Sandy, Caleb, Elieser. Mejia and Castano can either be optioned or go to the bullpen (Castano most likely to the alternate site and Mejia to bullpen).

I don't know if we need to be buyers - don't sell, either, just kind of ... stand pat and let these guys return.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.