February 27, 20206 yr https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/02/27/youtube-tv-announces-theyre-dropping-fox-rsns-and-yes-network-no-wonder-no-deal-with-marquee/
February 27, 20206 yr Author Hm. I wasn't aware YouTubeTV had them to begin with. Was FSF on there? Yes
February 27, 20206 yr In Southern Alabama, the only games blacked out on MLB.TV are Atlanta Braves games. All 19 of them. This is the only reason I have Youtube TV — to watch those 19 games. I'm cancelling my subscription now, and will use the illegal stream in the front row for those contests.
February 27, 20206 yr Author NOOOOOO... I use YoutubeTV.... And cause of MLB.tv's dumb blackout rules, you can't even sub to mlb.tv as a substitute.
February 27, 20206 yr And cause of MLB.tv's dumb blackout rules, you can't even sub to mlb.tv as a substitute. This is truly awful, this is gonna affect so many people and this close to the season this is really significant. I really have to think about what I'm gonna do next. This is gonna cost a lot of people too. Youtube TV is gonna lose so many subscribers but at the same time, when you consider how many people who aren't die hard baseball fans, not everyone will drop the service which in turn actually means MLB is gonna lose significant viewers just because it won't be available to any youtube tv subscribers who still stick with them.
February 27, 20206 yr Author Sling lost the RSNs recently too. I think for cord cutters, only Hulu and AT&T Now have those channels.
February 27, 20206 yr Sling lost the RSNs recently too. I think for cord cutters, only Hulu and AT&T Now have those channels. Now I'm wondering if they lose them eventually too.
February 27, 20206 yr The RSNs are probably trying to make big money but if eventually only cable is carrying them when so many people are cutting cable then does this really help the RSNs? Can they sustain themselves on cable alone when streaming tv is becoming increasingly popular?
February 27, 20206 yr The RSNs are probably trying to make big money but if eventually only cable is carrying them when so many people are cutting cable then does this really help the RSNs? Can they sustain themselves on cable alone when streaming tv is becoming increasingly popular? Yeah this sounds like a strange move.
February 27, 20206 yr Sinclair also couldn't come to terms with Dish Network This is gonna affect all of MLB fans, not just the Marlins. The first article wondered if MLB can step in and have some say. I would think not but anyone think it's possible? I'm also curious how much Sinclair is asking for and is it really that high or are the services just being too cheap to match the prices? It's easy to get mad at the higher price point but we don't know if the streaming services aren't doing their part either.
February 27, 20206 yr Sinclair’s RSNs are becoming less available to watch. Removal takes effect February 29th.
February 27, 20206 yr Author It's easy to get mad at the higher price point but we don't know if the streaming services aren't doing their part either. Well I would say odds are it is Sinclair being greedy since Dish isn't a streaming provider and they also couldn't come to terms. So far every company to negotiate with Sinclair on these RSNs has failed to come to terms I think. The others don't have their contracts up yet I guess.
February 27, 20206 yr I would say odds are it is Sinclair being greedy I think so too... just providing a counterpoint since we don't know all the details yet.
February 28, 20206 yr Author Sinclair pushed back against YouTube TV’s explanation in an emailed statement to The Verge. “We offered YouTube TV the best terms under which their competitors carry our regional sports networks,” a spokesperson said. “Unfortunately, they alone decided to drop these channels citing ‘rising costs’ despite our offer to actually lower the fees they pay us. We also offered to continue negotiating under a short-term extension so that their subscribers could continue to watch their favorite hometown teams. They’ve not yet responded to this offer. Given the ease with which YouTube TV subscribers can drop the service and switch providers, we are surprised that they’ve chosen this course.” Never know who to believe with these.
February 28, 20206 yr They may have lowered the fees but increased the price. "OK so we're going from a $100,000,000 deal with 5% fee to a $350,000,000 with a 2% fee."
February 28, 20206 yr In the short term YouTube TV is the one who is gonna lose the most in this and I dont know who to believe but if YouTube TV is ok with the big drop in subscribers they're gonna get then they're freaking crazy.
February 28, 20206 yr Does Hulu have FS Florida for people living in and out of Florida? I was doing a little research earlier. Hulu plus Live TV has a lot.
February 28, 20206 yr Author Does Hulu have FS Florida for people living in and out of Florida? I was doing a little research earlier. Hulu plus Live TV has a lot. You only get your regional Fox sports channel. So in Florida, Hulu Live has FSFlorida. In Ohio, it has FSOhio or whatever it is called. I don't think Hulu has MLB Network if that's something you care about. Hulu Live gets bad reviews for their UI, I never tried it personally though. Also need to keep in mind that eventually Hulu's contract with Sinclair will also be up for negotiation and thus far, those negotiations with other companies have consistently failed.
February 28, 20206 yr Right now I refuse to go back to cable. And I'm very concerned that a switch to Hulu or ATT Now eventually leads to them not having FSN either. I'm almost more inclined to keep YouTube TV because I still like everything else it gives me and I'll deal with my Marlins problem separately. It sucks that I'm not convinced to drop YouTube TV but at the same time I can't be sure that a switch to another service will even get me what I need.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.