MLB the Show 19

Michael

Very curious as to how much of Marlins Park's renovations get in if any at all. Uniforms are updated every year because there's a deadline for the team to finish those but ballpark updates have no deadline so they don't always make the cut for the changes to be implemented into the game. And if they do they're often from early renders and don't accurately reflect reality. It's just a pet peeve but man it would stink to play with the new uniforms in front of lime green walls and the home run sculpture. 

Very curious as to how much of Marlins Park's renovations get in if any at all. Uniforms are updated every year because there's a deadline for the team to finish those but ballpark updates have no deadline so they don't always make the cut for the changes to be implemented into the game. And if they do they're often from early renders and don't accurately reflect reality. It's just a pet peeve but man it would stink to play with the new uniforms in front of lime green walls and the home run sculpture. 

Unless they sent artist rendering sketches, it won't be updated in the game. MLB 16 still had the original iteration of Marlins Park with the center field wall being 422 feet out and the tall walls all the way around.

The only advantage is extra currency or packs or whatever for the diamond dynasty mode right?

Yea and I like the team specific PS themes too.

I've always gone standard but last year went to deluxe for the heck of it, really wasn't worth it since I never got into diamond dynasty like I intended to.

To be honest this year I might not even get the game or at least not on day one and likely not at full price. Nothing against the game, more so because I play so much less that it's way easier to wait and wait for a deal. 

Edit: Just checked it was MVP not Deluxe that I got last year, the one that's 10 bucks more than standard, deluxe is like 30 bucks more. And yeah it's mostly just for more stubs/currency and for packs which gives u a headstart or a boost but you aren't getting anything that you can't just earn in the game by playing so it's not easy to justify buying more than standard. Last year I swore I'd try DD more so I thought I treated myself by paying ten bucks more for MVP edition but it was no biggie. 

To be honest this year I might not even get the game or at least not on day one and likely not at full price. Nothing against the game, more so because I play so much less that it's way easier to wait and wait for a deal. 

Makes sense. I get digital copies these days so I usually just get things at release as digital very rarely goes on sale anyway. I am leaning towards the standard edition.

It's unfortunate to see the green padding in the shot of Realmuto, but maybe that was an early build and they could still get in at least some of the updates.

To be fair every year they make the trailers and videos from a combination of early builds and things do change at final release. Every game says "this isn't the final build" but I've never seen it more true than with The Show. There are a lot of visual details that they don't finalize until late in the process and I've seen several things changed from the trailers. 

Not true. Last year they patched in the new scoreboard at Coors Field. So I guess there's a chance.

Oh, that's true, forgot about that.

I suppose it wouldn't be difficult at all to change the code for a color.

In both cases, it's just an aesthetic update, nothing to do with moving in fences [iE the 2015-2016 Marlins Park change], so it should be very easy to implement one would think.

• 2 weeks later...