MLB the Show 19

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Ya'll hear about the new March to October mode? I'm very intrigued, it's not for everyone but I think it'll really appeal to people like me (and some on here) who just don't have the time to invest into a full franchise.

What is it about?

What is it about?

Basically it's season mode in fast forward, you play only the key games and moments of a full season. The games in between are simulated but the success of your team in the simulated games is based off how you do in the games you play. So say you play Opening Day and you win, maybe your next game isn't for three weeks but your team will do better in those three weeks. Then you jump from game to game like this and are only thrown into important games. 

The line that stood out to me was "play a full season in just a few sittings." I love the idea of franchise mode but it sure is tedious so this seems tailor made for people like me.

It looks perfect to me.

This is the kind of mode I needed. 162 game season is too much for me.

Also, you don't always even play full games. Some games maybe you start in the late innings and need to make a big comeback that can change your season. Some games you only control one player trying to reach a specific goal, etc etc. Sounds fast paced fun and fresh.

Also, you don't always even play full games. Some games maybe you start in the late innings and need to make a big comeback that can change your season. Some games you only control one player trying to reach a specific goal, etc etc. Sounds fast paced fun and fresh.

That makes it even better yes. I love this concept.

That makes it even better yes. I love this concept.

One more plus I noticed... every year I like playing as my team, the Marlins of course, but you always have that team that looks fun to try out here and there such as the suddenly strong Phillies, the Padres with Machado, the ever so close Rockies, the revamped Reds, etc etc... to me this mode allows you to try more teams a little deeper than exhibition mode but not as deep or tedious as franchise. So every so often I can see myself keeping things fresh by playing this mode with a new team and seeing where I can take them over a season "in just a few sittings."

Yeah but if you don't own a PS4, I guess it is better than nothing (maybe)

True... if I was more into gaming now and I only owned an Xbox I probably would have it. Then again, if that was the only option it might even push me to buy a ps4. I've heard plenty of baseball fans say the Show is the reason they bought a ps4. But yea I guess at least it's good that the option to play RBI does exist.