Miami Heat Playoff Run

JIMMY FUCK ITS JUST HAD 40! I CALL HIM THAT BECAUSE WHEN HE SHOOTS THE BALL, HE SAYS “FUCK IT BALL GOING IN”. Sorry for the all caps just very excited. Miami is up 1-0 in the 2nd round over the one seed Milwaukee Bucks. It’s nice to see the Marlins and Heat both as legitimate championship contenders! YES I SAID IT! 🔥 

• Like 2

Hell, even the shitty ass Dolphins SEEM to be trending in the right direction FINALLY.....won't be this season (if there is one) but you gotta feel much better about their direction now than in almost any year since Dan retired.

11 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Do you guys think that we will ever see a year where all four South Florida pro teams will all win championships the same year?

Odds are no just because that's nearly impossible. A year in which all 4 teams are "good" is more possible of course.

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Odds are no just because that's nearly impossible. A year in which all 4 teams are "good" is more possible of course.

Yep. It has never happened with a city in sports history. I think Boston came the closest. 

48 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yep. It has never happened with a city in sports history. I think Boston came the closest. 

And if I remember right, the one with the most titles (Celtics) were the ones who didn't make it.

• Banana 1
12 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Do you guys think that we will ever see a year where all four South Florida pro teams will all win championships the same year?

Lol Dolphins Heat and Marlins could maybe. But that’s a stretch. Panthers I’m losing hope with. I love them, but good lord they have the second winningest NHL coach ever, a 2x Vezina Award Winner, and multiple good young pieces. And they were the biggest disappointment in the league this year. Panthers lease expires sometime this decade. I hate to say this, but I could see Panthers relocating soon if they can’t win given all the resources they currently have. At least the Marlins are locked into Marlins Park til like 2047 haha

• 2 weeks later...

Man there are a couple of fascinating teams in the Conference Finals in Miami and Denver.

I'll be rooting on fellow CBA brother Denver, but Miami being there right now is pretty damn cool.

5 hours ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

DEM GOONS FROM DADE COUNTY! 6 WINS AWAY FROM AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP! HEAT RAISING THE BAR FOR THE MARLINS THIS YEAR! GIF by NBA

The best thing the Heat can teach the Marlins is the importance of putting the right players in the right roles at the right time. 😂

Actually when you think about it, the Heat and the Marlins have some similarities:

Not a lot of big names, some rookies and second year players playing a big role, and some veterans who are stepping up and performing when they are called upon.

Besides Jimmy Butler, there are not really any “Superstars” on the team,(Although Bam is on his way, and if Heat make it to the finals, he’ll be a household name in a month or so.)

But still even without a roster full of “big names” the Heat are still finding a way to get it done and perform at a very high level. Definitely a good job by Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra of putting together the right pieces that fit well together as a team.

What’s great about the Heat is how well each player knows their role and knows how to step up and work as a unit. Definitely have to give a lot of props to Erik Spoelstra for his coaching, not just for calling plays, but knowing how to put the right group of guys on the floor at the right moment and also knowing when to take guys out of the game when necessary, to always have the best team out there at any given time.

Of course, baseball and basketball are completely different sports and you can’t just take guys off the field and let them rest for 10 minutes and put them back in the game. 😂

Having good coaching/management of the team is always going to make a big difference, which is something that we haven’t always seen this year from the Marlins, unfortunately. 😢

But I’ll still support Don Mattingly, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and he definitely makes some coaching decisions that can leave you scratching your head at times, but I’ll still support him for as long as he is the manager of the Marlins, because as a fan that’s pretty much all I can do. 😂

I would like to see him become more like his old boss/mentor Joe Torre, as far as the multiple winning seasons go.*

*Obviously, I know you cannot compare the Marlins with the Yankees or Don with Joe Torre, but it’s still a fun thought. I still would like to like to see multiple winning seasons from the Marlins with Mattingly and hopefully the trend starts this year!

P.S. Go Heat!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Having good coaching/management of the team is always going to make a big difference, which is something that we haven’t always seen this year from the Marlins, unfortunately. 😢

Lol, this is such an old, boring trope, y'all! I hate to call it out every time, but it's getting under my skin. Great post overall, SirFF, but Mattingly is about to lap the field for Manager of the Year, and you're going to take some baseless pot shots at him?

This team has considerably over-played its run differential, and folks are still whining (without any reasoned argument) about Donnie's bullpen management. Give it a rest, folks! Every armchair manager in every baseball teams hometown thinks they can write a better lineup card and run a better bullpen than the manager. And somehow, quite impressively, they are certain they can do so without the advice of medical professionals, pitching/hitting coaches, and analytics! Wow!

Maybe we should just crowdsource them lineup cards and calls to the bullpen! It would be very interesting to see how well Yimi pitches after going 7 days in a row.

• Like 2

Tonight is an interesting night for Miami sports teams.

Marlins have a chance to clinch a trip to the post season.

Heat have a chance to clinch a spot to the NBA Finals.

I’d be equally as happy for at least 1 of 2, but 2 of 2 would be pretty fun as well!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Tonight is an interesting night for Miami sports teams.

Marlins have a chance to clinch a trip to the post season.

Heat have a chance to clinch a spot to the NBA Finals.

I’d be equally as happy for at least 1 of 2, but 2 of 2 would be pretty fun as well!

Well, we got 1 of 2 tonight..

Hope to see the Heat get to the finals on Sunday!

• 2 weeks later...

Lakers have been dominating the Heat for the most part in this series, besides the amazing Jimmy Butler performance the other night, it’s been a rough series so far for the Heat. 

Of course you have to take into consideration that for most of the series they have been without Goran Dragic and Bam Adebayo, 2 out of their top 3 players, so it’s understandable as we’re not getting the full healthy Heat lineup vs the full Laker lineup, not sure if the series would necessarily be different had all the players been healthy, but it definitely would have been fun to see what would have happened with the full Heat team for all the games in the series.

For the Marlins, it’s a little bit similar in the fact that Starling Marte got hurt, and you wonder if it would have made any difference in these past two games if he had been in the lineup, maybe a clutch hit, or a walk to keep the inning alive and then eventually scored. Who knows?

Well, for both the Heat and the Marlins, they are in the exact same situation right now, both teams have to win 3 in a row to stay alive in the playoffs, well in the Heat’s case, to win the championship and for the Marlins to make it to the NLCS.

I can say that I consider myself just as much a Heat fan as a Marlins fan, I watched most of their game this past season, and they had so many great moments and come from behind wins, so I would be equally as happy if either one of them would win the championship this year! Of course it would be great if both of them do! 😂

If both of the teams happen to get eliminated on the same day, that would be pretty sad, I would be sad for like a day, but then I would also be very proud of both teams for how far they have come, both making the playoffs for the first time in years!

Of course a win from one or both of the teams today would be great! 😂

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

For the Marlins, it’s a little bit similar in the fact that Starling Marte got hurt, and you wonder if it would have made any difference in these past two games if he had been in the lineup, maybe a clutch hit, or a walk to keep the inning alive and then eventually scored. Who knows?

Except that I'm not sure Marte makes that much of a difference considering how the Marlins have lost the first two games. I think the Heat having Bam and Dragic would have had more of an impact. I don't think the Marlins would have leaned on Marte as much as the Heat on Bam and Dragic. unless Marte was gonna go like 8 for 8 with a few homers of course. With Marte in the lineup we still have Joyce and Wallach out there, Acuna still does what he does, the Braves pitching is still insanely good, etc.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Except that I'm not sure Marte makes that much of a difference considering how the Marlins have lost the first two games. I think the Heat having Bam and Dragic would have had more of an impact. I don't think the Marlins would have leaned on Marte as much as the Heat on Bam and Dragic. unless Marte was gonna go like 8 for 8 with a few homers of course. With Marte in the lineup we still have Joyce and Wallach out there, Acuna still does what he does, the Braves pitching is still insanely good, etc.

Yeah, that’s pretty true.

Probably the equivalent to having Bam and Dragic out would be like if Marte, Pablo and Miguel Rojas were on the IL during the series.. you would definitely notice the difference right away!