Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Italian Marlins Fan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Italian Marlins Fan

  1. Can someone explain that first time he hit contreras? Is that not a HBP? I know the second one was actually a HBP but did I miss something?
  2. Damn I like Boog cause IK he used to broadcast Marlins, but damn why comment on the Uniforms? I’m a little surprised how negative he has been during this game since he used to broadcast for the fish. Kind of weird.
  3. That was a horse shit call im sorry but gotta keeping playing. But FUCK
  4. I’m going to go outside the box a little bit for this question. While Miggy Ro and Aguilar are both great choices, I’m actually going to say Sixto Sanchez. It’s not easy to live up to being a hyped prospect. Look at Brinson when Marlins first acquired him. He struggled. But Sixto came in and looked like a 10 year veteran. I was really looking forward to his debut this season, as many were, and he has a certain energy about him. If not for a few outlier bad starts, he may easily be Rookie of the Year. Sixto put Marlins in a position to win every start he had almost. I know kind of a weird choice, but Sixto will be huge come playoff time as well.
  5. I feel like I am still dreaming. What an amazing team. While I am relatively new to the site, I have followed the Marlins throughout my life. I appreciate everyone sharing your personal stories as it relates to being a fan. My dad was the first person I talked to after the game as I have watched many games with him over the years on tv and in person. The Marlins fucking deserve this. All of us as fans deserve this, to the OG 93ers to the new millennium fans. 17 years no postseason. 3 fire sales within that timeframe. 2006. 2012. 2018. The Marlins are the first team in National League history to lose 100+ games the season before and then the following season make the playoffs. If Don Mattingly doesn’t win Manager of the Year, who tf else deserves it then? I’m so happy right now, I still can’t believe it. Love you everyone! Now let’s chase that third World Series title!
  6. If the Marlins clinch today, it will be on the four year anniversary of Jose’s passing. If they clinch tomorrow, it’s the same day the marlins clinch their last playoff birth in 2003. Pretty crazy to think about tbh.
  7. While I would LMAO at this if true, I don’t find it to be the case. Unless if Braves come back here. I’ll listen for some trash cans banging 😂
  8. I agree. Ik they are baseball players, and they have many people’s dream jobs, but they also haven’t had an off day in awhile. Anyways, let’s go Marlins!
  9. Jesus this team is really in a rut right now. The offense needs to wake the fuck up. They can’t blow this. They just can’t. They would really make all of us have sour grapes this year. Gotta make the playoffs. Even if it’s a weird expanded one. For the record, this has been a fun team to watch this year, and they seem much improved from last two seasons, but I get the feeling the air is being let out of the balloon so to speak.
  10. ONE. WIN. AWAY. FROM NBA FINALS APPEARANCE. Ik Marlins lost and many of us are sad, but at least another Miami sports team is doing well 😊
  11. Alfaro should be on the PGA Tour with that swing
  12. I’m down. Whatever it takes.
  13. Still only down one. Stay positive everyone! We got this! 🙏🏾
  14. Ok trying not to panic but damn Sixto looking rusty. Gotta make an adjustment. Phillies winning as we speak too need to win this game at all costs. Paul and Todd, please be more critical damn the FS bosses 😂
  15. Run Differential, Fun Differential, Sun Differential, Marlins in 3 for first round.
  16. I understand this is year three of the rebuild but damn this is the LAST WEEK of the season with a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. I’m happy Marlins seem to be doing well relative to where they were last two years, but damn, it would be a huge let down if they choked it all away this week. But I mean at least there is the Heat.
  17. MARTE NOW WAKE THE FUCK UP MARLINS!
  18. Marlins better not choke their playoff chances away. Totally random, but Paul and Todd need to be more critical of team on broadcast. Say something like “hey marlins really need to win this” or “this is huge for the marlins” they’re being a little too nonchalant given the current stakes attached. My bad, just something I am noticing while watching the game. But damn Marlins please don’t let me down last time u made the playoffs I was in elementary school 😭
  19. I like the expanded playoff idea but I wouldn’t mind if they tweak it a little. For example. 6 teams in per league, bye for top 2 seeds in each first round before division series, best of five game series first round before five game division series. Or top seven teams in each league, top team in each league gets bye, 3 other five game series in each league to determine who plays in division series. I just think most people right now don’t think there is enough incentive to win as format currently stands. But if it’s six or seven playoff teams per league, I think that is better.
  20. Yea but damn gotta beat the teams who stink. This isn’t 2018 Boston. But I say if Marlins win 5-7 more games I think they can clinch a postseason spot.
  21. DEM GOONS FROM DADE COUNTY! 6 WINS AWAY FROM AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP! HEAT RAISING THE BAR FOR THE MARLINS THIS YEAR!
  22. well, expanded postseason is likely to stay. This is huge for teams like the Marlins who constantly struggle to make the postseason. Not sure if it will be this exact same format, but I love the idea. Unfortunately, Manfred is considering keeping that garbage extra inning rule. That’s the only rule I absolutely hate. I can live with pretty much anything else, even the weird 7 inning doubleheaders.
  23. Well, Marlins lost, but at least the Heat won. Still bad loss from Marlins, especially wasting a solid start from Sandy. This isn’t 2018 Boston Red Sox. Gotta win tomorrow.
  24. I think Marlins need to get a solid bullpen piece and get one more hitter to go along with Marte. Maybe trade Urena and some other minor pieces for a decent bat like possibly Miguel Andujar who is controllable through 2024 or Ketel Marte who I believe is a Free Agent around the same time. I know Andujar plays 3B, maybe he could DH or move Anderson to RF since I’m not too impressed with our OF prospects. Marte I think is a good choice cause he can play multiple positions. Someone suggested Liam Hendricks as a bullpen piece; I think that would be a great acquisition. But Marlins need to keep Sixto, Andy, Pablo, untouchables imo. I would definitely retain Aguilar though for sure I like him a lot.
  25. Lol Dolphins Heat and Marlins could maybe. But that’s a stretch. Panthers I’m losing hope with. I love them, but good lord they have the second winningest NHL coach ever, a 2x Vezina Award Winner, and multiple good young pieces. And they were the biggest disappointment in the league this year. Panthers lease expires sometime this decade. I hate to say this, but I could see Panthers relocating soon if they can’t win given all the resources they currently have. At least the Marlins are locked into Marlins Park til like 2047 haha

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.