10/2 - Marlins at Cubs - Wild Card Series Game Two

Daleeeeee!!! If Sixto comes to the game with his balls on and throws strikes like he did before the coaches told him to not throw so many early in the count, then we got this 100% 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Michael said:

OCTOBER Baseball!!

First time the Marlins play baseball in October since... 2017.

They lost to the Braves in the final regular season game on 10-1-2017. 

25 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

First time the Marlins play baseball in October since... 2017.

They lost to the Braves in the final regular season game on 10-1-2017. 

I remember that. That was our 120 win season with a team that featured the HOF’ers Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I remember that. That was our 120 win season with a team that featured the HOF’ers Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna. 

#2PitchersAway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Remember how hard it was to buy a ticket that season? Every game was a sellout.

• Haha 2

Obviously we’ve known for quite a while that Alfaro is terrible behind the plate And the pitchers seem to do better with any one that’s not him, but wow! Didn’t expect the team to actually bench him in favor of Wallach. Not complaining, just surprised.

Do you think it’s an analytical move or the staff has voiced their preference for Wallach? 

Just now, Jokersgoon said:

hey queens

noticed marlins didnt make any roster move for starlin. optimism?

If they take him off roster he’s gone for next series should they advance. So they want to see if it’s possible he can still play before doing that. 

1 minute ago, Jokersgoon said:

hey queens

noticed marlins didnt make any roster move for starlin. optimism?

If they do, he’d be unavailable for the DS. Might as well wait and see how hw progresses. 

17 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Obviously we’ve known for quite a while that Alfaro is terrible behind the plate And the pitchers seem to do better with any one that’s not him, but wow! Didn’t expect the team to actually bench him in favor of Wallach. Not complaining, just surprised.

Do you think it’s an analytical move or the staff has voiced their preference for Wallach? 

I think it's just playing the hot hand. 

17 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If they take him off roster he’s gone for next series should they advance. So they want to see if it’s possible he can still play before doing that. 

16 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

If they do, he’d be unavailable for the DS. Might as well wait and see how hw progresses. 

Really? That's a ridiculous rule. As long as roster moves are made from the taxi squad I don't see why they can't make as many moves as they need to between rounds.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Really? That's a ridiculous rule. As long as roster moves are made from the taxi squad I don't see why they can't make as many moves as they need to between rounds.

If taken off roster during a round, you become ineligible for the next round. It is to prevent faking injuries for in-series roster moves. That's a rule that was already in MLB before 2020.

• SonOfJack changed the title to 10/2 - Marlins at Cubs - Wild Card Series Game Two
  • SonOfJack locked and unlocked this topic
  • SonOfJack locked this topic