Who ya'll got for this season?  I'm going with Aguilar for being there the entire season and being extremely consistent with his production.  He was our big bat when it was the Miami COVIDS and he was just a key member the entire season in terms of both productivity, being a good teammate, and then saving the season last night?  I got the feels for Miggy Ro and he was super positive while he was quarantined but I just feel Jesus really played his ass off all season for this team. 

Also, i'm a sucker for guys who clown around, whether it's in the dugout or when they do stuff like turn around and tell BA "WHOOAAAA Slow down" on a HR trot DURING A GAME.  Jesus was amazing all season long.  Love that dude. 

Who ya'll got?

• Like 3

I agree with everything you said about Jesus, I love him and the way he plays.

But, I have to give MVP to Miggy Bro. He was a leader on and off the field, all while being a productive member of the team. He is the captain for a reason.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree with everything you said about Jesus, I love him and the way he plays.

But, I have to give MVP to Miggy Bro. He was a leader on and off the field, all while being a productive member of the team. He is the captain for a reason.

No argument that he is captain for a reason. And although it's not fair he contracted COVID - he wasn't there for that entire stretch when they went 7-1 with spare parts (and stayed above .500) and if they didn't pull that hot start off, we aren't celebrating this morning. 

Edited by hovertical
accuracy!
  • Like 6

All honesty. Aguilar or Miggy Ro. But at the same time ... the bullpen? The rotation? The patchwork team? This group got something from everyone this year, up to this point.

I also want to go down memory lane here.

Remember when Miguel Rojas was simply a throw-in as part of the Dee Gordon trade in 2015? And look at him now.

• Like 2
Just now, hovertical said:

Without looking I'm like 98% positive Dietrich has his shirt off

He's playing with the Rangers nowadays.

But if I were him I'd ask to play shirtless cause goddamn.

I would say Yimi Garcia..

Even though he has only pitched 15 innings, he has been the guy who has stepped up consistently every time the Marlins have needed him to do his job which is come in and keep the other team from scoring.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I would say Yimi Garcia..

Even though he has only pitched 15 innings, he has been the guy who has stepped up consistently every time the Marlins have needed him to do his job which is come in and keep the other team from scoring.

every damn time he comes in I think of Father Karras' mother from The Exorcist and how she says his name.

Don Mattingly

We don’t really have an MVP caliber player so I’ll go with the manager who was a part of every game and took a team with a -46 run differential to the playoffs. Most managers would be getting more credit in this scenario so I had to do it.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Definitely NOT Alfaro - I know some crappy relievers were in today, but any surprise he comes back in to catch today and we give up over 10 runs again

Chad Wallach for MVP

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Erick said:

Don Mattingly

We don’t really have an MVP caliber player so I’ll go with the manager who was a part of every game and took a team with a -46 run differential to the playoffs. Most managers would be getting more credit in this scenario so I had to do it.

angry bobs burgers GIF

I’m going to go outside the box a little bit for this question. While Miggy Ro and Aguilar are both great choices, I’m actually going to say Sixto Sanchez. It’s not easy to live up to being a hyped prospect. Look at Brinson when Marlins first acquired him. He struggled. But Sixto came in and looked like a 10 year veteran. I was really looking forward to his debut this season, as many were, and he has a certain energy about him. If not for a few outlier bad starts, he may easily be Rookie of the Year. Sixto put Marlins in a position to win every start he had almost. I know kind of a weird choice, but Sixto will be huge come playoff time as well. 

• Like 2

Miggy Ro for sure but let's not forget our stand-in captain Francisco Cervelli who we lost right after Rojas came back. 

While Miggy Ro was gone, Cervelli was the big veteran presence helping this team along, getting big hits, hitting a .800 OPS from catcher, and steering a lot of young pitchers through their trials by fire. Of the 36 different pitchers we used this year, Cervelli caught the most different pitchers among our catchers, 26.

Alfaro has showed just how important a good game caller is and we've really missed Cervelli back there.

Edited by Rabbethan
  • Like 5

My vote would be Pablo. The way he cemented the pitching staff after the Covid outbreak kept the team together. And now that the postseason is just around the corner, he has gotten hot again. But, anyway this team has a ton of leaders that have helped them play above expectations. It has been fun.

• Like 2