4/6 Expos @ Marlins

Heckeroo

TUESDAY, APRIL 6TH

MARLINS VS. EXPOS AT 1:05 PM ON FOX SPORTS NET

WQAM 560 AM & WQBA 1140 AM

RHP JOSH BECKETT VS. RHP LIVAN HERNANDEZ

OPENING DAY: ALL FANS RECEIVE A 2004 MARLINS SCHEDULE MAGNET PRESENTED BY PUBLIX

OPENING DAY CEREMONIES: The Marlins ask that fans be in their seats by 12:30 p.m. to enjoy a special pregame ceremony celebrating the 2003 World Series Championship season. Fans will be treated to an exciting parachute jump by the US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team, recognized as the number one jump team in the world. The Golden Knights will deliver the 2003 World Series Banner to the organization. Following the jump, Marlins radio broadcaster Dave Van Horne will emcee an on-field ceremony, presenting the trophies and awards garnered by Marlins players and executives following last season. These include the NL Rookie of the Year Award, NL Manger of the Year Award, Cool Papa Bell Award, Rawlings Gold Glove, Silver Slugger Award, Negro League Hall of Fame Executive of the Year, Organization of the Year, and World Series MVP. The Ceremony will also include the unveiling of the Marlins World Series logo on the outfield wall, a video celebrating 2003 and will feature Tony Perez and Andre Dawson throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to start the Marlins season.

For Opening Day the ticket will call at Pro Player Stadium will open at 8:30 a.m., the parking gates will open at 10:00 a.m. and fans will be able to enter the stadium at 11:00 a.m. The Marlins will take batting practice from 10:35 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. with the Expos hitting from 11:20 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.

MARLINS HOME OPENERS: The Marlins have sold more than 50,000 tickets for Opening Day, a franchise record. Listed below are attendance figures and game results from Marlins home openers:

1993: 42,334 Marlins 6, Dodgers 3

1994: 43,290 Astros 7, Marlins 2

1995: 42,125 Dodgers 8, Marlins 7

1996: 41,815 Pirates 4, Marlins 0

1997: 41,412 Marlins 4, Cubs 2

1998: 41,126 Marlins 11, Cubs 6

1999: 38,983 Marlins 6, Mets 2

2000: 35,101 Marlins 6, Giants 4

2001: 36,146 Phillies 6, Marlins 5

2002: 23,877 Expos 10, Marlins 2

2003: 37,137 Phillies 8, Marlins 5

NATIONAL ANTHEM: Country music artist Michelle Poe will perform the National Anthem on Opening Day. She is a native of Plantation, Florida, and she will be on tour with legend George Strait later this year. The United States Army will present the colors, and local soldiers who have recently returned from Iraq will raise the World Series banner in centerfield. The Florida Grand Opera will perform O' Canada and a member of the group will sing God Bless America.

LIVE FROM GATE G: 560 WQAM will broadcast live from the east stage of the Gate G Plaza from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The west stage of the Gate G Plaza will feature live music from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Amor 107 will broadcast live from the Gate G West Tent from 6 a.m.-10 a.m. 99.9 KISS Country, 560 WQAM, WQBA 1140 AM, Salsa 98, and Amor 107 will be outside Gate G with fun and giveaways.

LIVE FROM GATE H: The Gate H bar will feature a live band from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Psyched. I really want Beckett to be Beckett. I want a statement that the WS Champs are back and you better look out!

And I want Castro and Choi to add to that statement big-time today.

Yesterday I watched the Phillies game like it was a critical September game.

This is going to be a helluva Season. GO MARLINS.

Today is the big day guys! You guys have a great time at the stadium! Too bad I can't make it though. :confused Oh well, I'll be rooting for us all the way at Mickey World with Mickey Mouse. Take lots of pics!!! :)

sucks i cant go to todays game. Is Abe expected to play today?

I believe so yes.

I will be tuning on Gameday Audio.

My cable company will rue the day they dropped Extra Innings.

I'm not sure why yet, but trust me, there will be a day and it will involve them partaking in rue.