Brad Penny today

Admin

I thought Jack would give Penny the ball in the 9th...why is it that he always seem to take our pitchers out, even when they're cruising and with a comfortable lead?? Anyone else thinks he should've stayed one more inning?

110 pitches that's why.

Ask Jeff Torborg & Brad Arnsberg what they would have done.

:whistle

I thought Jack would give Penny the ball in the 9th...why is it that he always seem to take our pitchers out, even when they're cruising and with a comfortable lead?? Anyone else thinks he should've stayed one more inning?

110 pitches that's why.

:whistle Yeah, you're right, and still, we need to save those arms for the long road ahead! And yes, I think Wayne should've pitched. I really think this kid has the stuff, he just needs to put it together.

110 pitches is enough. I would have liked to see him finish out the shutout - because he is on my fantasy team! But a win is a win. 6-1...wow. I knew this team would be good, but damn. Looking really, really good right now.

One word for Penny today: dominant.

Right now, we have a 1 and a 2 that are as good as anyone's #1. The rest of our staff has been superb and the bullpen has been very good as well. Wow....

I thought Jack would give Penny the ball in the 9th...why is it that he always seem to take our pitchers out, even when they're cruising and with a comfortable lead??? Anyone else thinks he should've stayed one more inning?

110 pitches that's why.

:whistle "Don't worry guys, he'll be fine in the morning. He's already pitched 8 innings, why not one more?"

We have all wondered how these pitchers would do this year with Playoff and World Series experience under their belt. Was anyone expecting them to be this good? Maybe all of us did, but soon all of baseball will have to recognize how good these guys are. This could be a really amazing season. This staff reminds me of the Braves in the early 90s, except with more power. Damn, we need a stadium to keep these guys together!

"Don't worry guys, he'll be fine in the morning. He's already pitched 8 innings, why not one more?"

It's not tomorrow you have to worry about...it's August, September and October! that what arnsberg and torborg would say

are you kidding? i wouldn't say that! Sorry Heck! I misread your post.

:thumbup