Armando Benitez

DTrizzle

Ignoring the fact that Gagne has his streak going and he is unhittable, is Benitez the best reliever/closer in the NL?

Benitez has allowed 1 ER this far with an ERA of .39 and 15 saves (right). In comparison, Gagne has 10 saves with an ERA of 1.59.

IM NOT SAYING BENITEZ IS BETTER THAN GAGNE, IGNORE GAGNE.

So, is he the best in the NL (or MLB)?

Guest Juanky

I'd take Benitez over Gagne anyday

He is leaps and bounds over Gagne right now...

who woulda thunk it

Um.....err.....I love Benitez and hate Gagne more than the next guy but, um.....not just yet

I've loved how McKeon has been willing to bring him in the 8th and use him in tough situations. No way Jim Tracy would bring in an situatioon Gagne might risk blowing a save.

GREAT post.

It's true. Despite the fact that he's unhittable, there is NO WAY he's coming in a game unless he's either starting the 9th or put in with 2 outs in the 8th. Once you think about it, what people say is true. The Dodgers have really babied his streak.

i really like AB and he has done way better than i expected but if it was the seventh game of the W.S. and i had both these guys ready in the pen i wouldnt think twice about going with gagne the guy is lights outs unhittable and anyone that thinks otherwise is nuts....babied his streak,your kidding right....

Yes. IMO Benitez is the best closer when you get rid of Gange. And Gange will mess up sometimes. And Benitez can be better than Gange and Benitez has a shot at having more saves than Gange if the Marlins start winning more games and if the Marlins start scoring more runs.

Benitez has allowed 1 ER this far with an ERA of .39 and 15 saves (right). In comparison, Gagne has 10 saves with an ERA of 1.59.

I think he has 16 saves, but I could be wrong, but to get to your question, Mando could very well be the best closer in the MLB, if you don't count Gagne, but I haven't seen every single closer. :mischief2 :mischief2 But he has to be in the top 5 or 3.

the Dodgers havent "babied" his streak

thats ridiculous

lies. either that or you just have no idea what your talking about. I do admit it's quite impressive but seriously, if there was a runner on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs, there is no way the Dodgers are bringing in Gagne. They haven't and they won't unless they have a big lead like the game against the Fish.