Who will start at 1B against the Big Unit?

PBMarlin

Damion Easley is working at first base as a possible right-handed hitting fill-in against left-handed pitching. Easley, Mike Mordecai and Conine are platoon options with Choi. Another possibility is Redmond. ...

Plenty of options....

Had not considered Easley before....but that could prove interesting....is there a position the guy can't play?

Link

Niner at 1st, Nunez in left.

Perhaps......

But if Harris keeps hitting like he has, he'll be in left field.

Conine's shoulder may prevent him from starting.....so that would leave it to Mordecai or Easley. I don't know if Harris wants to face the unit. :lol I expect him to start today, but I would want to stack the lineup with right handed bats against the unit.

Even though Choi hasnt really been performing that well I would like to see him in the starting lineup and get the chance to hit against one of the best pitchers in the game.

If he were to somehow get a hit that could be ahuge shot in the arm of confidence, but its the whole getting a hit thing

I wonder why Johnson hasn't thrown more perfect games. His starts are notorious for days off. Sutton will get his first start tomorrow. Also look for Easley, Mordy, Castro and Nunez in the line-up. Conine shouldn't start because Johnson isn't the person to face to get out of a slump.

i'd really like to see niner playing a game at first again, but if he isnt ready, then i think i'd go with mordi, who hits lefties very well.

that said, both mordi and easley have been totally owned by the unit, though easley has had many more ABs.

Sutton, Easley, Morde, Castro, AND Nunez all in the line-up?!

I doubt Castro Starts, Red needs to catch for Dontrelle yup... not to mention the fact that red owns the big unit.

and sutton's a lefty, so i can't imagine him coming straight off the bench to start against the most dominant lefty in the game today.

I wonder why Johnson hasn't thrown more perfect games. His starts are notorious for days off. Sutton will get his first start tomorrow. Also look for Easley, Mordy, Castro and Nunez in the line-up. Conine shouldn't start because Johnson isn't the person to face to get out of a slump.

Good post.

I say throw Choi to the wolves.

The Marlins got him with the notion that he would be around for a long time and the sooner he knows what he needs to do the better.

I'm not second-guessing Jack, simply voicing my opinion. I'd like to see more of Sutton if Choi doesn't play, but whatever he decides works for me.

I've been a supporter of Choi since last year when he was with the Cubs and was just ecstatic when he joined the Marlins. However until he adjusts his stance he's not going to start hitting again.

The biggest surprise for me this year is Choi's defense. It has improved remarkably since the start of the season. He has been excellent picking balls out of the dirt, and looked very good yesterday snagging a ball hit sharply down the line.

The one area he needs to improve is moving to his right. There have been a few balls he gave up on that looked playable. His judgement will continue to improve with time.

All indications are Choi will develop into an excellent player.

I'd like to see him get the nod against lefties as well....but going against the Big Unit may not be the best place to start. I'll support whatever Jack chooses to do.