Should Lenny be an Every-Day Starter

Prime Time

Put your statement here. He has been playing lights out ball, more so on Defense IMO than offense but he has been fantastic at both. If Choi continues to struggle (I know, I know, he just hit an ITP HR), then we could move Conine to 1st and put Lenny at LF or just plug Lenny at 1st. That is my take, what about everyone else? :thumbup

h8erZ!

Seriously, what's wrong with Harris starting every day? I wouldn't want him to, but when Conine is struggling, I'd rather have him start over Nunez.

you contradicted yourself. First you say start him everyday, and then you say start him when Conine struggles.

h8erZ!

Seriously, what's wrong with Harris starting every day? I wouldn't want him to, but when Conine is struggling, I'd rather have him start over Nunez.

you contradicted yourself. First you say start him everyday, and then you say start him when Conine struggles. I meant what's wrong with the idea.

I wouldn't want him starting every day.

Lenny has been fantastic this week..but he won't be in there every day.

This team is built on defense, and Lenny's range in LF is not anywhere near Conine's, or Nunez'. Yes he made an acrobatic catch yesterday, but Conine or Nunez would have made the play look routine.

I think Lenny's playing for as long as Conine is out, but once Conine's shoulder is better, Lenny's coming out.

I like him though, he's greatly exceeded expectations, but everyone has a stretch where they're just torrid, thankfully, this is Lenny's time :p . I'm not hating, but I don't see him as a legit 5-hole hitter, or an everyday player, something that Conine (when healthy) is.

h8erZ!

hes not struggling hes injured somthing with his arm or shoulder hurts i think.

I really don't miss Conine at all. Watching Lenny is refreshing. It sure beats watching Steve struggle.

unfortunately that's how i feel too.

i'd rather have nunez start over lenny, but we might as well start lenny for a couple of half games while he's still hot. once lenny has a bad outing we can start nunez outright. either way, i don't want steve starting until he's healthy. i'm tired of watching his struggles.

Well, all I know is that right now Lenny is hitting the ball while Conine is not. I do like Jeff as he is one of my fav. Marlins, and a great guy to have around the clubhouse, but I think his age has finally caught up to him. He is getting injured, and at times going through some pretty bad slumps. But here is to him recovering and hitting the ball better than before! :drunks