Start Nunez in RF against lefties

Miguel is only 4 for 28 against lefties this entire season, because of this do you think we should do some temporary platooning in RF with Abe and Miguel when we're going up a lefty starter? This would be a good opportunity to give Abe some playing time with Miguel struggling against lefties.

Also, surprisingly two of his 4 hits against lefties came against the Unit yesterday with one of them being that huge jack to left field in the 9th.

Cabrera crushed lefties last season and in the minors. Why use 28AB to sit your 2nd best offensive player?

I was just going to say the same thing. He hit some .320 off lefties last year in some 80 at-bats. He also had the majority of his homers off lefties.

Sorry, this ain't happenin'.

Guest Juanky

Also, surprisingly two of his 4 hits against lefties came against the Unit yesterday with one of them being that huge jack to left field in the 9th.

The homerun wasn't off Johnson, it was off Valverde

How about this:

I'm one of Cabrera's fans, so I'm not hating, but he has no business in right, so any way to get him out of there is something I'm willing to think about. Why not put him at first against lefties (if we're not going to play Choi), leave Conine in left and put Nunez in right. This gets Nunez some playing time, minimizes Cabrera's time in right, making him less of a liability, and it keeps his bat in the lineup; something that is very important.

The idea would have had *some* creditability if the suggestion was Conine at 1B, Cabs in LF, and Nunez in RF, but to suggest Cabs sit against lefties is just ridiculous. To suggest that he sit against lefties so Nunez can start is downright laughable.

The front office clearly believes that Cabs is a RF. He won't become a better RF sitting on the bench or playing in LF. So we might as well all stop whining and b***hing about him in RF. He's going to play there for the forseeable future.

Miguel is only 4 for 28 against lefties this entire season, because of this do you think we should do some temporary platooning in RF with Abe and Miguel when we're going up a lefty starter? This would be a good opportunity to give Abe some playing time with Miguel struggling against lefties.

When fish fly.

How about this:

I'm one of Cabrera's fans, so I'm not hating, but he has no business in right, so any way to get him out of there is something I'm willing to think about. Why not put him at first against lefties (if we're not going to play Choi), leave Conine in left and put Nunez in right. This gets Nunez some playing time, minimizes Cabrera's time in right, making him less of a liability, and it keeps his bat in the lineup; something that is very important.

Why would you put Conine in left and Cabrera at first?

It makes no sense what so ever, but other that than I like the idea.

How about this:

Why would you put Conine in left and Cabrera at first?

It makes no sense what so ever, but other that than I like the idea. Well, Conine is our left fielder, and Cabrera has taken fly balls and grounders at first, so it's something that management has obviously thought of as a possibility. If Choi isn't playing first against lefties, wouldn't it make sense to move Cabrera back to the infield where he belongs.

When fish fly. ever heard of a flying fish? They do exist.

Well, Conine is our left fielder, and Cabrera has taken fly balls and grounders at first, so it's something that management has obviously thought of as a possibility. If Choi isn't playing first against lefties, wouldn't it make sense to move Cabrera back to the infield where he belongs.

Well, wouldn't it make MORE sense to put Conine at first, a position he's played for years, and put Cabrera in left, where he's played the majority of his major league games and also has a great throwing arm?

This one should be a no brainer.

Guest Juanky

Miguel is only 4 for 28 against lefties this entire season, because of this do you think we should do some temporary platooning in RF with Abe and Miguel when we're going up a lefty starter?? This would be a good opportunity to give Abe some playing time with Miguel struggling against lefties.

When fish fly. ever heard of a flying fish? They do exist. Flying fish fly about as much as penguins.

Well, Conine is our left fielder, and Cabrera has taken fly balls and grounders at first, so it's something that management has obviously thought of as a possibility. If Choi isn't playing first against lefties, wouldn't it make sense to move Cabrera back to the infield where he belongs.

Well, wouldn't it make MORE sense to put Conine at first, a position he's played for years, and put Cabrera in left, where he's played the majority of his major league games and also has a great throwing arm?

This one should be a no brainer. Don't get me started if we're talking about making sense :p , a lot of things would be different. My line of thought is if we're moving guys around, because under the Conine at first scenario, two starters would play different positions, under the Cabrera scenario, only one (Cabrera) would move. Does Conine at first make sense?, yeah, but is Cabrera a below average right fielder?, yeah. I'm simply saying get Cabrera out of the outfield completely. It's not as if Conine or Cabrera are gold glovers at first or in left so I don't think it's going to matter all that much, but there is no denying that Conine is much better at judging flyballs, especially over his head, than Cabrera.

He's a charity case. You know he was suspended in time for three years.

Conine at first and Miggy in the outfield when Choi is off makes more sense. Otherwise you're just wasting Miggy's talent. This is a bit silly though. The lineup is going to be changed throughout the year with Lenny, Cordero and others all getting starts depending on who's pitching and who's doing hot or cold. It's a bit premature to set the rotation and lineups for the rest of the year.

Miguel = future. He isn't gonna get better against lefties sittin the bench.

I agree and I'd say the same about Choi, the only way there going to get better is by getting their reps against them. so give Choi starts against lefties Jack!