Attendance

Flying_Mollusk

I dont know if this has been posted but it was around 10k today. I didnt watch the game but is there a reason it was this low...lots of rain clouds? I mean the team is doing well and it coming off the world series title goodness sake. Ive been making excuses for S. Florida for a while but what else is there? I mean 10k...are we the Expos? Are there going to be 10k in the brand new stadium too?

every other f*cking team that plays in the afternoon has fans that work and go to school too.

Yeah but this is still South Florida who only got 17,000 for last friday.

So I dont expect much during the day during weekdays. hence the problem I thought you didn't care about anything but wins and losses.

It was at 1pm on a Monday afternoon, not to mention the fact that most people that were planning on going to go to a game went yesterday when the Unit was pitching.

Also, there were a lot of school groups and whatnot there today, so without them we probably wouldn't have even had 9k.

every other f*cking team that plays in the afternoon has fans that work and go to school too.

Yeah but this is still South Florida who only got 17,000 for last friday.

So I dont expect much during the day during weekdays. hence the problem I thought you didn't care about anything but wins and losses. i dont. I like to piss people off by droppin by attendance threads and totally bashing SoFla fans.

:)

Is their some type of requirement to have a certain amount of games during the day?

Because if theres isnt we shouldnt have to have those afternoon games. Even though I know we have no control over that but MLB should take it into consideration.

Arizona's gotta fly home tonight. They had to play an afternoon game.

apparently in a city as big as Miami, only 10k want to show up to watch the World Champs play. I bet even those "sorry Atlanta fans" would put bigger #s up on a Monday afternoon.

Exactly. Its like you said, other teams have school and work too.

Of course everyone knows school and work is a factor. But you cant always be in denial. Im not here to throw the hammer down. Im one of the biggest advocates of keeping baseball here and am pretty sure the new stadium will fix everything. But Ive been defending baseball in S. Florida from non Marlin fans for a long time and Ive always pulled out the firesale/commitiment of ownership/trading away players stuff to defend things. But now I have to resort to school and work?

Again, I support baseball in S. Florida. Im just venting some frustrations. If we get that stadium built and S. Florida doesnt support a contender, itll really suck.

Is their some type of requirement to have a certain amount of games during the day?

Because if theres isnt we shouldnt have to have those afternoon games. Even though I know we have no control over that but MLB should take it into consideration.

Arizona's gotta fly home tonight. They had to play an afternoon game. Actually Arizona is flying to San Francisco, plus we have to fly to Cincinnati as well...so it is common for teams to play early when flights are involved.

One exception for us this year is when we played Atlanta on Sunday evening, April 25th. Game time was moved to 8:05 pm for the ESPN Sunday night baseball broadcast.

It was terrible for both teams as we had to fly to Colorado and Atlanta to San Francisco for games the next day. Both teams arrived to their hotels around 4 am.

Because if theres isnt we shouldnt have to have those afternoon games.? Even though I know we have no control over that but MLB should take it into consideration.

Arizona's gotta fly home tonight. They had to play an afternoon game. Actually Arizona is flying to San Francisco, plus we have to fly to Cincinnati as well...so it is common for teams to play early when flights are involved.

One exception for us this year is when we played Atlanta on Sunday evening, April 25th. Game time was moved to 8:05 pm for the ESPN Sunday night baseball broadcast.

It was terrible for both teams as we had to fly to Colorado and Atlanta to San Francisco for games the next day. Both teams arrived to their hotels around 4 am. Yeah I know they usually do that because of a flight the next day but they should figure some way out to arrange that.

Maybe give them a couple extra days off during the season.

apparently in a city as big as Miami, only 10k want to show up to watch the World Champs play.? I bet even those "sorry Atlanta fans" would put bigger #s up on a Monday afternoon.

Exactly. Its like you said, other teams have school and work too.

Of course everyone knows school and work is a factor. But you cant always be in denial. Im not here to throw the hammer down. Im one of the biggest advocates of keeping baseball here and am pretty sure the new stadium will fix everything. But Ive been defending baseball in S. Florida from non Marlin fans for a long time and Ive always pulled out the firesale/commitiment of ownership/trading away players stuff to defend things. But now I have to resort to school and work?

Again, I support baseball in S. Florida. Im just venting some frustrations. If we get that stadium built and S. Florida doesnt support a contender, itll really suck. ahhh, i remember the days when we defended the attendance on ESPN.com boards