IBB to get to a HOFer

Ramp

I'm sorry, but that was one of the dumbest moves i've seen in a while.

Josh had made Casey look BAD in his first 2 at bats, and I know Casey is hot, but IBBing him to get to a 500 home run hitting future hall of famer is just TERRIBLE strategy.

And this is not hinsight, the moment I saw them putting Casey on, I said to my brother who I was watching the game with that it was a beyond stupid move, because it was.

I don't normally harp on decisions like this, but that move may well have cost the Marlins the game.

It didn't help that Josh threw him a fastball right down the middle though.....

I'm sorry, but that was one of the dumbest moves i've seen in a while.

Josh had made Casey look BAD in his first 2 at bats, and I know Casey is hot, but IBBing him to get to a 500 home run hitting future hall of famer is just TERRIBLE strategy.

And this is not hinsight, the moment I saw them putting Casey on, I said to my brother who I was watching the game with that it was a beyond stupid move, because it was.

I don't normally harp on decisions like this, but that move may well have cost the Marlins the game.

It didn't help that Josh threw him a fastball right down the middle though.....

I was on the phone with my cousin and I was telling him that the move is down right stupid.

First pitch, home run.

It seems everyone though it was a bad move except Jack. But it really was stupid.

It is only a bad move if it fails.

if Griffey hits into a DP everyone is OMG SMARTZ!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect.

I said to my brother that this was an all time stupid move the moment the marlins decided to do it.

You don't IBB anybody to get to a future hall of famer. Plus, you don't IBB a singles hitter to put men on 1st and 2nd for a home run hitter.

It was a stupid move Jay, just admit it and stop trying to be positive when the fact is it was just a stupid move. It happens man.

You have to do this move.

Maybe but leaving Beckett in to execute it was the mistake. Two dangerous lefties, you know he was going to get stupid and challenge them with a fastball.

It was obviously Persisho time to get you outa that jam. Beckett's control wasn't good enough to nibble Griffey with junk. Beckett was pitching a hell of a game what are you smoking?

He just got owned by two vets....not rare to see.

Statistically....2004 Statistically...that was the right move... But you sometimes have to forget about stats and just go after whos up at the plate

I normally let stuff die, but this one is hard because I was so much in disagreement with the move.

But alright, it's over I guess. That move was the eqivilent of walking Juan Uribe to get to Frank Thomas because Uribe has a hot bat. No matter how hot the one guy is hitting, you still don't pitch around him to get to an all time great player.

And as for arguing, I like to call it "debateing".

:)

Guest Fritz

It was a very stupid move. Griffey has hit 10 home runs this year which is quite good and skipping over Casey was dumb.

Guest Juanky

I personally wouldn't have done the move, because I love Junior and I know he would have done something big because I'm scared shitless of him, but I can see where Jack was coming from.

Sean Casey leads the NL (possibly the majors, not sure) in batting average and doesn't strike out much (regardless of what was happening earlier). Chances are he was going to put the ball in play, and Jack would have prefered Griffey to put the ball in play to maybe get a DP. The move failed miserably as these things are either hit or miss. At least it happened now and not in October.

I personally would have taken my chances with Casey, because of the already mentioned terror that Junior strikes when I'm watching him against us and because Josh was on a roll. Having to walk someone might have shaken his confidence a little bit, and I agreed with Len when he wondered if maybe Josh didn't exactly agree with the move, possibly leading to the upper deck shot.

I normally let stuff die, but this one is hard because I was so much in disagreement with the move.

But alright, it's over I guess.? That move was the eqivilent of walking Juan Uribe to get to Frank Thomas because Uribe has a hot bat.

c'mon Maggs....

Juan Uribe = Sean Casey?

:blink:

I would have pitched to Casey if it was up to me, I just don't like putting guys on base period.

That said, I didn't think it was the worst move ever or anything...

Either Casey or Griffey are perfectly capable of punishing a juicy pitch like Josh served up. Whether it's a Casey double or Griffey missile.