Cabrera Very Hard to Watch at Right Field

FreshFish

What to do? It is getting ridiculous out there. I seriously think Conine should be in RF, regardless of his arm.

Not only the errors, but he is not getting the jumps to get to the balls. The kid looks lost and heartless out there and it is getting to his Offense.

Conine playing RF is not going to break him, I rather try and play Nunez at RF and Cabs on LF if Conine doesn't want to make the switch.

I was going to post something about this. Cabrera is AWFUL in RF folks, he has no business being out there, and I agree that it appears that his defensive struggles are beginning to affect him at the plate, which is a major problem.

I have no idea what the solution is, but Cabrera in RF simply isn't going to work for this whole season.

i wrote about 2 months ago that Mcabs should be moved and i got death threats and give the guy some time he's young i bet by june he's going to be a great RF...well its 2 months later and he's still stinking up the place and i do beleive its starting to affect him at the plate,not alot cause he still gets his share of hits but i think he would be doing alot better at the plate if he were moved to were he wont have to be worrying about his defence when he's playing offence...

I dont think anyone realizes how awfully slow Conine is. Although, Cabrera looks like a 21(22?) year old out there 9ner might be even worse.

I honestly don't know for sure, only personal observation during the games and TV. Conine seems to run faster than Cabs, and he seems to be a very good defensive player on his current position. If Lenny was able to get us by for a game, why not put Niner there for a couple of games?

I dont think anyone realizes how awfully slow Conine is. Although, Cabrera looks like a 21(22?) year old out there 9ner might be even worse.

I honestly don't know for sure, only personal observation during the games and TV. Conine seems to run faster than Cabs, and he seems to be a very good defensive player on his current position. If Lenny was able to get us by for a game, why not put Niner there for a couple of games? i agree with the part that niner is quicker than cabs...also niner knows how to play OF so he would make up for speed by knowing the angles to the ball better..

I dont think anyone realizes how awfully slow Conine is.? Although, Cabrera looks like a 21(22?) year old out there 9ner might be even worse.

I honestly don't know for sure, only personal observation during the games and TV. Conine seems to run faster than Cabs, and he seems to be a very good defensive player on his current position. If Lenny was able to get us by for a game, why not put Niner there for a couple of games? i agree with the part that niner is quicker than cabs...also niner knows how to play OF so he would make up for speed by knowing the angles to the ball better.. just brainstorming here, can Cabs be a better LF since he was used to play 3B and knows better the ball movement on that side of the field?

I dont think anyone realizes how awfully slow Conine is.? Although, Cabrera looks like a 21(22?) year old out there 9ner might be even worse.

I honestly don't know for sure, only personal observation during the games and TV. Conine seems to run faster than Cabs, and he seems to be a very good defensive player on his current position. If Lenny was able to get us by for a game, why not put Niner there for a couple of games? i agree with the part that niner is quicker than cabs...also niner knows how to play OF so he would make up for speed by knowing the angles to the ball better.. just brainstorming here, can Cabs be a better LF since he was used to play 3B and knows better the ball movement on that side of the field? CAN he be? He is. The ball comes off the bat completely different in RF than LF, and as a result he gets bad jumps and reads. He was a great left fielder last season.

Cabs has made a few diving catches, but for the most part is making mistakes. Just yesterday took a bad angle on a ground ball that he missed....ultimately turning a single into a triple as he let the ball go by. A few days back he held the ball allowing the runner to advance to third, the game before that didn't make it to a ball to the warning track behind him.

I agree he looks lost out there........a good part of the problem being a lack of hustle. He isn't running out grounders in the infield, and that cost him a couple of infield hits the past week.

Perhaps he is just unhappy with the RF assignment, and it is reflecting in his overall play.

I honestly don't know for sure, only personal observation during the games and TV. Conine seems to run faster than Cabs, and he seems to be a very good defensive player on his current position. If Lenny was able to get us by for a game, why not put Niner there for a couple of games? i agree with the part that niner is quicker than cabs...also niner knows how to play OF so he would make up for speed by knowing the angles to the ball better.. just brainstorming here, can Cabs be a better LF since he was used to play 3B and knows better the ball movement on that side of the field? CAN he be? He is. The ball comes off the bat completely different in RF than LF, and as a result he gets bad jumps and reads. He was a great left fielder last season. i agree with 100% cabs was great in LF mainly because he is use to playing on that side of the field...i say if were gonna keep this guy long term wish i hope to god we can sign this guy to like a 10 year contract but more likely a 5....move him to left so he can be happy and hit like 30 to 35 hr's

move him to left so he can be happy and hit like 30 to 35 hr's

He must be happy already, considering he'll probably hit in that range of homers this season. IMO if we keep him in RF he ont hit more than 25... IMO, where he fields has no effect on his offense. And I'm sure Miguel will vouch for me on that one.

Miguel will hit 30 home runs. This I guarentee.

He must be happy already, considering he'll probably hit in that range of homers this season. IMO if we keep him in RF he ont hit more than 25... IMO, where he fields has no effect on his offense. And I'm sure Miguel will vouch for me on that one.

Miguel will hit 30 home runs. This I guarentee. really going out on a limb there ehy? :)

You need him in the lineup so what can one do? Cal Ripken said it takes 3/4 of a season to get used to a new position. I mean we are stuck with Cabs there. All we can hope is that the coaches help him with the adjusting and improves drastically with his play in the field

Miguel will hit 30 home runs. This I guarentee. i hope your right

For those of you defending Cabrera's defense, please don't, we all know he's been awful for the most part in right field, and it's no use sugar coating it.

Is Conine slow? Yes, but speed is an overrated thing in the OF. You guys have Pierre in center, who can cover A TON of ground, and Conine is good at defensive positioning as well as taking good routes to the ball, which will make up for some of his speed.

The only problem I see with switching Conine and Cabrera in Left and Right is Conine's arm, but we won't figure out how that will work out unless Jack gives it a try....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.