Reagan new face in bill?

FishFanPR

Guest Juanky

I also think they should wait. But if for some reason his face is to on a bill, make it the twenty. Hamilton did alot more for the currency of the country than Jackson did, I think he earned the right to be on one of the bills.

Kennedy was on a 50 cent piece, eisenhower was on a dollar, FDR is on the dime, there is no reason that reagan's face should not be on any form of currency. He deserves it as much if not more than kennedy did and the reason i say this is b/c reagan did more good for the country during his 8 years than kennedy did in his time as pres (not to say kennedy would not have done greater things but unfortunately he did not get the chance). Whetehr people like it or not reagan was one of the great presidents of the 20th century and I would argue ever even if other would not.

whether or not reagan should be on any bill is not really the debate.

conservatives were saying the other day that we should mourn teh man's life.

i guess the mournign period is over.

reagan i guess could go on a bill...i really dont care.

kennedy was worthless though....the government probably did have him knocked off.

whether or not reagan should be on any bill is not really the debate.

conservatives were saying the other day that we should mourn teh man's life.

i guess the mournign period is over.

reagan i guess could go on a bill...i really dont care.

kennedy was worthless though....the government probably did have him knocked off.

Do we have a thread on the Kennedy assassination?

We need to have one of those.

Reagan deserves to be on the $10 bill. He did more than any President to save this country from evil around the world in the 20th century.

A $10 bill isn't enough, but then again, men like him do not come around all the time and impact the world in the way he did.

Reagan deserves to be on the $10 bill. He did more than any President to save this country from evil around the world in the 20th century.

A $10 bill isn't enough, but then again, men like him do not come around all the time and impact the world in the way he did.

Boo to that, put him on a dime.

Alexander Hamilton is the father of our Nation's Treasury, why the hell should he be knocked off of a dollar bill.

This is probably just a rumor since I haven't heard anything about this anywhere else. Someone told me that they might add Reagan's face to Mt. Rushmore.

I heard it too...definitely a rumor though. First, the liberals would staunchly oppose any such measure, and second, I don't think its feasible/makes sense to do so...maybe on another mount...hehe.

Put Reagan on the $20, if you ask me...Hamilton deserves his bill.

Guest Juanky

This is probably just a rumor since I haven't heard anything about this anywhere else. Someone told me that they might add Reagan's face to Mt. Rushmore.

The difference is that the Mt. Rushmore thing is silly, and the change of the bill is already in motion in the House with Senators thinking about it.

its a near impossibility to add a face to mt rushmore.

as far as a bill....

its possible.

grant should be the one taken off the bills...

if you ever thought clinton had scandal in his time in office it wasnt 1% as bad as during Grant.

Jackson brought 'the people' to the White House.

there is an era in this nation's history named after him....to say he wasnt significant is stupid.

JFK should be taken off the 50 cent piece...but its rarely used so its not really worth it much.

Grant should be taken off the 50.

The other bills not really in circulation I cant figure out why a couple of them are on those respective bills.

Dude, no way. This Republican urge to plaster Reagan's face and name on every single thing has gotten way out of hand. Even Nancy Reagan opposes most of the measures. Now, if you were to tell me that Reagan would supplant Grant on the 50, I would go with that. But not Hamilton, and certainly not FDR. It would be a slap in the face to the legacies of both gentlemen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.