Most Underrated Marlin

It's only fitting that we now talk about the Most underrated Marlins. Is there a Marlin player who didn't get enough recognition for his efforts? I have a few in mind.

Dave Berg- Guy could play every position outside of Catcher and Pitcher. in 1998 and 1999 played some really solid baseball.

Pat Rapp- Might get some heat for this one but he did pitch quality baseball his first 3 years with the Marlins. However he really struggled his last years with the club. One of the top Marlins win leaders.

Bruce Aven- In 1999 posted up some solid numbers. One of the few highlights during that season.

Joe Strong- Was a Rookie at the age of 38. Great feel good story in some dark times. Maybe shouldnt be considered as a underrated player but did have his time in the sun.

Chuck Smith- Pitched great in 2000 with a 3.23 ERA

Honorable Mention-Alex Arias, Danny Bautista, Chris Clapinski, Andy Fox, and my brain is fried so can you guys just add some more names on.

:thumbup

Retired Marlin: Jim Eisenreich. When people think of 1997 world champion bench they remember Cangelosi, Castillo and Daulton but this clutch hitter is never given his due.

Former Marlin: Ryan Dempster. A solid backline innings eater for some of our teams that were desperate for pitching, starting and relief.

Current Marlin: Mike Redmond. Best backup catcher out in the game... this year and in my recent memory. When given the chance has always stepped up.